Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reports coming out that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 323

Reports coming out that

Jun 2, 2020, 2:03 PM

The other 4 officers involved in the Floyd murder about to be arrested.

I have 0 faith that any of these guys will be convicted (even Chauvin) but anyway...

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Maybe if we riot enough in the meantime

Jun 2, 2020, 2:05 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe if we riot enough in the meantime

Jun 2, 2020, 2:18 PM

the only thing that will stop the riots is a blockade of the port where the widescreens are unloaded

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully more people will show up in Atlanta

Jun 2, 2020, 2:17 PM

And march to the Capitol building again shouting for Justice for Floyd.

Because the justice system in Atlanta definitely controls Minneapolis and their police.

Re: Reports coming out that

Jun 2, 2020, 2:31 PM

Chauvin will get convicted. Might not be murder, but that guy will be dodging death inside the penn somewhere. And he deserves it.

Jun 2, 2020, 2:43 PM

He deserves to spend the rest of his life in prison.I assume the Federal charges will be on top of what he receives from the state. The only thing that blows my mind is why the cops went there for a 20 forged check or counterfeit? Thought in the age of Covid those types of things were let go? Will be the most expensive 20 bucks in history. Hope the store owner feels good about calling the police.Hindsight is 20/20 or in this case just 20.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2020, 3:51 PM

Some people have been posting that Chauvin was not only a dirty cop but the designated enforcer at the nightclub where both he and Floyd worked. Floyd effed up by snatching and then trying to spend the counterfeit cash the nightclub's owners were allegedly trafficking in. If that counterfeit cash got traced back to the El Nuevo the whole thing might get exposed. So Chauvin shows up over a fake $20 bill.

Would also explain why the original arresting cops didn't take Floyd to their cruiser, but instead walk him past it to Chauvin's cruiser. Doesn't really matter. Chauvin is going down one way or another.

That may be more complicated than a fake 20 dollar bill.

Jun 2, 2020, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Reports coming out that ]

I am not justifying the murder but we do not know all the details of the cops being called. I would have called the cops on someone trying to pay me with fake money. Imo, that is everyone's civic obligation.

I would also testify against a cop who killed someone unless the cop thought his life was threatened.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2020, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Reports coming out that ]

I certainly hope he does, but theres many reasons that I doubt they will.

- police seldom get convicted. they didn't in Rodney King, and they literally beat the #### of that guy on video. The cops that killed Eric Garner also got off. They family cleaned up with. 5mill+ civil lawsuit tho. And the choker got fired.

- the maneuver that Chauvin used is called a neck restraint, cutting off carotid artery flow causing the victim to pass out. This move along with other chokes have been and continue to be taught and used all over the country. A quick google search you'll see lots of back and fourth about the use of it,.... its discouraged, its legal, its fine, its banned, and on and on. Fact is its been used a lot in the Minn police dept. with many people losing consciousness. In this case Mr Floyd lost his life.

Any lawyer can point to fact that the move is taught, and encouraged, unless theres any disciplinary action to anyone else using it (I seriously doubt it). Also when a guy in a choke says "I cant breathe", the usual line is "if you can talk you can breathe". i've seen several situations of guys getting choked out, and videos of tons more, and no cop has EVER released the hold coz a guy said that

This brings me back to the point of all this which is police reform. Any choke (sleeper hold) or neck restraint should not be allowed from police officers. Many cities have banned it, and I bet many more will too. Theres Federal legislation on Capital hill somewhere, thats been sitting around collecting dust since Eric Garner 5-6 yrs ago

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Replies: 8
| visibility 323
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic