Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rename Big10 & Big12 since
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,208

Rename Big10 & Big12 since

Nov 22, 2019, 8:25 AM

Their names are stupid and non-indicative of their region and also the number of teams in their conferences. Big North. Big Central.

ACC = Atlantic coast. Accurate.
SEC = Southeastern. Pretty accurate.
MAC = Midwest Athletic Conference. Accurate.
Sunbelt = Accurate.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rename Big10 & Big12 since

Nov 22, 2019, 8:34 AM

B12 = Texas and (unhappy) friends.

B10 = 14 schools covering up assaults. The "can you keep a secret" conference.

SoCon = providing a few schools some banners from the early 1900s. Here is to you Vanderbilt and Duke.

Nov 22, 2019, 8:59 AM

shouldn't they be

the big 10-ish

the big 12-ish

I still say Nebraska leaving the Big 12 for the Big 10 is

Nov 22, 2019, 9:06 AM

one of the stupidest moves that has ever been made by a school athletically. It made no sense then, and it makes no sense now. It destroyed all Nebraska's natural rivalries, as well. I miss the Nebraska/Oklahoma game being played every year. Hard to believe they haven't played since 2010.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I still say Nebraska leaving the Big 12 for the Big 10 is

Nov 22, 2019, 9:37 AM

Aside from killing their rivalries, it killed their recruiting.

In the Big 12 they could convince kids from Texas to come play for Nebraska because they got to go home to play 3 or 4 times per year.

Now they have a really hard time recruiting Texas kids to go play games in Indiana, Ohio and Michigan.

This is the same reason the hierarchy rarely changes in the Big 10 because only the schools who have a national brand can get high level recruits.

It doesn't matter who their coach is, Nebraska will now continue to get run off of the field by any team who can recruit the speed in the south.

Nov 22, 2019, 9:08 AM

is Norte Dame on the Atlantic Coast?

What happens to the ACC now?

Nov 22, 2019, 9:09 AM

Real good.
ACC = Accurate only if you consider Lake Ontario as being on the Atlantic Coast and Pittsburg counted even though they are about half the state away.
SEC = Pretty accurate, only if you seriously consider Missouri and TAMU in the Southeast.
Heck,even in The Civil War Texas was considered part of the Southwest Theater of Operations.
And who really cares about the MAC or Sunbelt.They are not one of The Power 5 Conferences.
Thanks for the Geography lessons.

Nov 22, 2019, 10:44 AM

NY State has some "Atlantic Coast". Syracuse is about the same driving distance to the Atlantic Ocean as Clemson is.

Pennsylvania doesn't, nor does Indiana.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They already have a name, IRRELEVANT***

Nov 22, 2019, 9:10 AM

Nov 22, 2019, 9:47 AM

Nebraska left the Little 12 for stronger conferences because they got sick and tired of UT's complete and utter domination of the conference off the field. Same reason A&M and Mizzou bolted. I remember it all very well. Too much to go into but when one school causes 3 others to walk away in disgust, something is seriously wrong. The conference almost collapsed.

The Big Ten brand is valuable. It goes way beyond the number of teams. They won't ever change the name nor should they.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,208
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic