Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sometimes the young men on these teams are so good I forget they are kids.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 507

Sometimes the young men on these teams are so good I forget they are kids.

Dec 4, 2018, 10:15 PM

Take Tee Higgins for example. He plays like a man and looks like a man with a helmet on. But anytime I see a picture of him, I am suddenly reminded that these guys are still babes and have so much growing to do.

https://goo.gl/images/sDhUxx

Etienne looking fresh as well...

https://goo.gl/images/H9M6a6

These dudes are tearing up the NCAA and will be tearing up the league in a couple years. Hard to believe. But not that hard to believe when you see them play.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God's conversation with Tee Higgins before he was born...

Dec 4, 2018, 11:19 PM

Tee: God?
God: What up?
Tee: Can you make me a freakishly good athlete so I can be one of the best college wide receivers?
God: I will, but what will you give up to get all that?
Tee: Hmmm... What if I give up normal size ears and have freakishly small ears to go along with my freakishly gifted athleticism?
God: Done!

Cam Newton made the same deal.

Dec 5, 2018, 6:56 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s what happens when you

Dec 5, 2018, 7:17 AM [ in reply to God's conversation with Tee Higgins before he was born... ]

Start wearing a football helmet at age 5

Stunts ear growth

how does he even hear anything?***

Dec 5, 2018, 8:12 AM [ in reply to God's conversation with Tee Higgins before he was born... ]

He'll never jump offsides***

Dec 5, 2018, 8:53 AM [ in reply to God's conversation with Tee Higgins before he was born... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I thought the same thing seeing that front page pic of Tee.

Dec 5, 2018, 6:50 AM

kids I tell ya, kids - except at Bama - all those effers look like they're 35 years old

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reminds me of All Star baseball teams.

Dec 5, 2018, 8:24 AM

I took Rock Hill teams to our region tournament in Union for many years...9 year olds through 14 year olds. We would show up looking our age, and the Union players would drive themselves to the game sin their pickup trucks at the last minute, unshaven and a little late from working their shift at the mill, and proceed to beat the pants off of us. We would drive home disappointed, the Union kids would go to the bar and drink round of cheap draft beer in celebration. I sometimes wonder if the same kids we played back in the day are still playing today.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah but

Dec 5, 2018, 8:42 AM

You got to leave Union, so it’s obvious who the real winner was.

And the answer to your question is yes.

Coached a 7th grader one time with a full beard

Dec 5, 2018, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Reminds me of All Star baseball teams. ]

kid had a full beard since 6th grade.

I had a copy of his birth certificate with me during games because coaches would throw fits.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

No. They're men.

Dec 5, 2018, 8:51 AM

100 years ago when you went off to college and turned 18, you were a man. Period. Sometimes earlier if you had worked since 16 and had a wife and kids to feed at 18-20yo.

Today you're just a kid when you go off to college. When you graduate college you're just a kid. Then you move back home after college and you're a kid. You stay on your parents' insurance until you're 25. 25 is the new 18 fwiw.

No, they're all men whether they realize it or not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

some player I saw this weekend (not sure what team)

Dec 5, 2018, 8:57 AM

was being interviewed on TV and was asked what was the most gratifying thing about playing in the championship.

He said that it was his son being able to watch him play on TV.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

100 years ago your statement would have been accurate.

Dec 5, 2018, 10:05 AM [ in reply to No. They're men. ]

Today, it’s probably not accurate. Even 18 year olds are expected to demonstrate a level of responsibility. Some have the responsibilities of a man. But no, at 18 years old, these individuals are rarely past the “bloom of youth”. They’ve almost never achieved the maturity of a grown man. But I get the old codger reply you were going for.

Replies: 12
| visibility 507
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic