Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Offense loaded!!! Defense next year???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Offense loaded!!! Defense next year???

Jan 9, 2019, 9:36 PM

What are we looking at next year???

Front 4 gone...
Trayvon gone...
Tre Lamar, Kendall gone...

Good thing we recruit!!! ??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reload.***

Jan 9, 2019, 9:40 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reload.***

Jan 9, 2019, 9:45 PM

This ain’t no joking manner... ur a bunch of amateurs.

Been there, done that

Jan 10, 2019, 12:00 PM

This ain't Columbia dirtpecker

Next man up***

Jan 9, 2019, 9:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Offense loaded!!! Defense next year???

Jan 9, 2019, 9:42 PM

Stout players waiting in the wings. Darnell Jeffries, XT, etc...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2019, 10:53 PM

Where is the bond, Senior leadership, experience? CVB and Dabo face a big task in rebuilding the defense to the level fans have taken for granted. We obviously will have talent, but bringing everything together will spell the difference between good and great.

Personally I think we survive the TAMU game and learn the rest of the season, but we will be young and inexperienced by comparison to this team (2018).

Go Tigers ??!!

This is the same thing we said a few years ago

Jan 10, 2019, 12:00 PM

Sure, we'll drop off a little bit but while our D is getting up to speed, our offense will more than make up for it. By the end of the year, we'll be good on D too.

Kind of like 2015

Jan 10, 2019, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Offense loaded!!! Defense next year??? ]

That turned out pretty decent

The dudes that had to wait until the 2nd quarter this

Jan 9, 2019, 9:43 PM

Will get to play in the 1st quarter next year.

Dabo said something to the effect of "I know y'all haven't

Jan 9, 2019, 9:48 PM

seen everything we've seen, but trust me, you're going to like it. We're going to be good". He was asked about the guys we would be losing on defense, and that was his response with a big grin on his face. That's not the exact quote, but that was the gist of it. Feel free to dig it up.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Dabo said something to the effect of "I know y'all haven't

Jan 9, 2019, 10:47 PM

He told media....y’all don’t know their names yet, but you will by next year this time

That's it ... thanks!***

Jan 10, 2019, 9:22 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

In Dabo... I Trust!

Jan 9, 2019, 9:58 PM

You should also consider this option.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good Pieces In Place!

Jan 9, 2019, 10:23 PM

Nyles played a ton.
XT played a ton.
AJ starter.
Waiting on I. Simmons decision.

Immediate help - Mike Jones, Jordan Williams, Shaq Smith, KJ Henry. Perhaps Xavier Kelly.

CB I think we have really done a good job of recruiting! Kyler Mcmichael played some meaningful snaps this past season. Mario Goodrich is intriguing. I think he is immediate help!

Tanner Muse is listed as a RS Junior; but I have seen people talk about him as if he will not be back? What's up with that?

Then enter the freshmen defensive players! Remember CW and DL pretty much came in and played starter reps from the very begining. And did so at a high level.

For the defense the youth will be displayed early; but they have a few things working heavily in their favor. 1. Brent Venables and co. know what they are doing. 2. The offense will be scary good and has the ability to cover for growing pains "early". 3. The coaching staff has recruited well at CB, safety, LB and particularly DE. I just worry about the interior. This is where it would really be good if Simmons came back. He could cover for mistakes by a young DL.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good Pieces In Place!

Jan 9, 2019, 10:55 PM

Agreed! Worried somewhat about DTs. Both Wilkins n big dexter were both five star, out the box college ready. Those aren’t a dime a dozen at that critical position!!! But ...as my brother reminded me today..as long as Greenbeans is on the sideline, he’s not worried about the personnel. If he picked them and coaches them...they’ll be more than good enough

Re: Good Pieces In Place!

Dec 17, 2010, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Good Pieces In Place! ]

I would add James Skalski to the “immediate help” group......

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Some under the radar guys include

Jan 10, 2019, 12:06 PM

Justin Foster, Nolan Turner, Justin Mascol, Logan Rudolph, and several incoming freshmen

Jan 9, 2019, 10:34 PM

The defense will have some time to gel too. We may give up some points early but good trying to outscore this team next season.

Well, since we should average scoring about 60 per game!

Jan 9, 2019, 10:39 PM

We should be ok!

WE 2 DEEP!

Jan 10, 2019, 1:04 AM

??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 11:38 AM

The defense may take a step back next season but just remember that Oklahoma made it to the playoffs and gave Bama a game with literally one of the worst defenses in the country. If we decline from #1, to say #20, we are still going to be in a much better spot than they were.

Jan 10, 2019, 11:57 AM

^^^^This 100 times over^^^^

Jan 10, 2019, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Offense loaded!!! Defense next year??? ]

Yes but we don’t play in the Big 12

Jan 10, 2019, 9:23 PM

If Simmons declares, I’ll feel worse but I think we are absolutely re-loaded and ready on defense otherwise.

Jan 10, 2019, 9:34 PM

Get ready for Booth. I've seen several of his games the dude is so Deion Sanders like. Kid toyed 7A players on the field. Like Dabo says, the best is yet to come! What a ride!

Btw, he was a Ga priority..

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic