Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tried New Spring again...won't be going back.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Tried New Spring again...won't be going back.

Jan 6, 2013, 8:17 PM

Today I went to New Spring...was having a major major family issue this morning and was awaiting very important phone calls. So I request to sit on the back row. I do get the call in the middle of Perry's sermon.

I go out to take the call and when I come back in to the service a girl stops me and tells me I can't go back in because it will be a distraction. So I'd have to sit in the lobby and watch it.

This on top of the fact that 4 volunteers heard my phone conversation and said NOTHING to me...like "are you ok" or "can we help you"...unbelievable.

Not a church I want any part of. My biggest problem was with the volunteers hearing this major problem and not saying anything. Disgusting.

I just left instead of watching the sermon in the lobby.

Hope to find a more people caring church...instead of one that cares about money.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That being said...please say a prayer for my family tonight.***

Jan 6, 2013, 8:17 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Positive thoughts coming your way.***

Jan 6, 2013, 9:15 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

people are people

Jan 6, 2013, 9:17 PM

we are all selfish and so many of us are whacked.

prayers offered.

Understanding that distractions have to be managed,

Jan 6, 2013, 9:58 PM

what happened to you seems to be an example of what happens when the goals of an organization, which is to say the organization, becomes the thing pursued. Jesus did not come, I dont think, to establish an organization.

Somebody forgot the definition of distraction. Jesus came precisely to help people overcome distractions, and then gave that job to us. It sounds like you were facing one.

In case any newspring leaders are reading this I will give the opinion that this occurrence was not a mistake of one person. It is organizational culture.

To you I will say to keep following Jesus. You know this already, but he loves you, loves the person who did that to you, and loves the people who created a culture where that could happen. He even loves me, and I make it very hard to do.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm trying to understand New Spring

Jan 7, 2013, 7:58 AM

this isn't a jab.....but it appears to me, that most of their growth is members of other churches leaving for theirs. And in the scheme of things, that's not necessarily, "growth."

Across society, the largest growth area is non-belief

Jan 7, 2013, 8:24 AM

which is good imho.

Re: Across society, the largest growth area is non-belief

Jan 7, 2013, 8:48 AM

IMO, that's too bad, I've been on both sides of the isle and being a non-believer is not where my heart is.

I'm not surprised by your subject especially when one looks at the condition of our country. Few things surprise me, as I continue to see a break down of
our families, and government.... Morals and values soon follow down the toilet.

Bad changes are coming. History will indicate a major fail of our culture and success as a nation.

Religion is superstition on a large scale and not a

Jan 7, 2013, 10:43 AM

determinant of morality. Divorce rates are much higher in the bible belt than elsewhere in the country, so I am unsure why you would equate a lack of religiosity with a decline in the nuclear family.

Each generation thinks the world is circling the drain and will surely blow up in their lifetime. Cemeteries are full of such people.

That's cuz of so many God's chilluns divorcing the

Jan 7, 2013, 10:47 AM

growing number of Godless heathens inspired by the debil.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-snuffys.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent.

so lets take a complex problem like divorce

Jan 7, 2013, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Religion is superstition on a large scale and not a ]

and relate it solely to where you live in the country

Here ya go.

Jan 7, 2013, 10:51 AM

http://www.divorcereform.org/cor.html

badge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-snuffys.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent.

from that site

Jan 7, 2013, 11:12 AM

"those who attend church regularly together, pray together
regularly, and read the Bible together regularly have a <1% divorce rate"

Lotta different citations "from that site"...

Jan 7, 2013, 11:20 AM

Couples who were members of different denominations when engaged but later affiliated with the same church had a divorce rate of only 6 percent, compared with 14 percent for couples of the same denomination and 20 percent for those who maintained membership in different
denominations.

http://www.divorcereform.org/mel/rinterfaith.html

But I linked it since it looks at divorce and many factors other than just religion.

Divorces in red and blue states have one major commonality

Jan 7, 2013, 11:23 AM

Psycho women, amyrite?

I saw one study that made me chuckle

Jan 7, 2013, 11:25 AM

Divorce rates were the least in Male/Male

Male/Female were second.

The highest divorce rates were in Female/Female relationships.

so pretty much we can blame women for divorces, amyrite

My point is its a complex situation that isn't easily

Jan 7, 2013, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Lotta different citations "from that site"... ]

broken down into nice neat categories.

Which was why I thought the cite looking at many

Jan 7, 2013, 11:27 AM

statistical categories might be interesting.

The whole quote reads:

Jan 7, 2013, 11:25 AM [ in reply to from that site ]

"My quest at the moment is to track down a 1980 report which suggested that,
at that time, those who attend church regularly together, pray together
regularly, and read the Bible together regularly have a <1% divorce rate!!
I am planning an updated examination of that alleged report; but first I
need to find the original."

No dog in this fight, but seemed a little misleading.

how dare you

Jan 7, 2013, 11:27 AM

try and take my quote slightly out of context and provide the entire statement.

lulz***

Jan 7, 2013, 11:28 AM

From that link -

Jan 7, 2013, 11:08 AM [ in reply to so lets take a complex problem like divorce ]

http://www.divorcereform.org/94staterates.html

Re: Religion is superstition on a large scale and not a

Jan 7, 2013, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Religion is superstition on a large scale and not a ]

I disagree, but will not get into a shouting match about it.
Atheist always like to say that about religion.

If you ever want to seriously know what turned me around I'll tell you.

Re: Religion is superstition on a large scale and not a

Jan 8, 2013, 12:16 PM

I am genuinely interested in your story if you don't mind sharing.

sounds like you went there looking to be ticked off***

Jan 7, 2013, 11:09 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't we all?***

Jan 7, 2013, 11:10 AM

Re: Tried New Spring again...won't be going back.

Jan 7, 2013, 2:15 PM

Have you tried Redemption World Outreach? My daughter sings in the choir there and loves it. I have listened to numerous Ron Carpenter sermons. He seems to be the real deal to me.

Not uncommon in churches that treat worship like a show

Jan 7, 2013, 4:37 PM

A few years ago I took my family to Charles Stanley's church in Atlanta. The entire worship and venue revolves around the production of the tv broadcast.

My wife stepped out with one of our kids and they wouldn't let her back in either. I recall that the doors are locked during the service. An usher had to let you in at the appropriate time.

That format works for some people, but not for me.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic