Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Relieve Leggett and Pepicelli of their duties now...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,248

Relieve Leggett and Pepicelli of their duties now...

Mar 18, 2015, 9:29 AM

Make Lecroy interim coach and do pitching by committee. I'm not saying make Lecroy the next head coach, but I would like to see what he's got. I DO know he's a relentless recruiter and I DO know that the talent we have here now is because of him..not Jack. And we do have talent..their heads are just not screwed on straight right now and that's not their fault. It couldn't be any worse than what we are seeing now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Message removed by Author

Mar 18, 2015, 10:02 AM

Message removed by Author

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Relieve Leggett and Pepicelli of their duties now...

Mar 18, 2015, 10:27 AM

If you would read..."not saying make him the head coach..but would like to see what he's got". Tell me...what has he not done..he's only been here a couple years under the thumb of Leggett. And again...THE ONLY REASON WE HAVE ANY KIND OF TALENT ON THIS TEAM IS BECAUSE OF LECROY. You think Jack does the recruiting? Lecroy is still getting some quality players here in spite of Leggett.

Lecroy is a Leggett clone

Mar 18, 2015, 10:26 AM

he style is like Jack's and has molded his career after Jack.

And I'd like to ask, what talent do we have on this team? The errors that we are making are physical and aren't made by high school talent. I can't remember the last post-draft recruiting class that we've had higher than the 30s. You shouldn't have to continually coach a college 3rd baseman on the proper technique to field a routine ground ball. We don't even square up on it.

Re: Lecroy is a Leggett clone

Mar 18, 2015, 10:34 AM

I understand what you're saying..and believe me, the last thing I want is Leggett or a clone..but how do you know what his style is? All you see is Jacks style. I just say it couldn't be any worse and if he sucks well then he's gone at years end. Duggar, Okey, Pinder, Rohlman, Wilson were all good players out of high school. They didn't just decide to start screwing up. It's in their heads and that starts at the top.

Just from the way he was trained and picked his jobs

Mar 18, 2015, 10:49 AM

they've all been in that same style. Todd Raleigh at UT played and learned under Jack. UT played about the same style as Clemson. I don't remember if Lecroy followed Raleigh to UT from Western or if Lecroy was there after Raleigh.

Lecroy was the recruiting coordinator at both UT and Clemson. Neither of them have seen any substantial increase in the talent level.

Re: Relieve Leggett and Pepicelli of their duties now...

Mar 18, 2015, 10:49 AM

Despite the urge by some to relieve Coach Leggett of his job, Clemson would be foolish to fire a longtime coach mid-season. It wouldn't be viewed very positively by the college baseball world, making it much harder to get a big name coach. Despite how he is viewed by fans he is well thought of in college baseball circles. We'd be best served to wait until the end of the season.

LeCroy

Mar 18, 2015, 11:03 AM

He recruits the players we have, so what's he going to do better? I have never been impressed by what he's done as a player or a coach. One thing is certain, the program needs a change. It has gone down hill big time.

Re: LeCroy

Mar 18, 2015, 11:08 AM

Agreed..guess I'm just grasping at straws at this point.

Re: LeCroy

Mar 18, 2015, 11:24 AM

Lecroy brings somewhat of a pulse to recruiting, but if you make him hc you negate that benefit because he won't have the time to do it.

Then you're stuck with jack leg 2.0.

Hire Dabo!***

Mar 18, 2015, 11:37 AM

Re: Send him packing with the others***

Mar 18, 2015, 1:56 PM [ in reply to LeCroy ]

Re: All that talent that we have now------------------------***

Mar 18, 2015, 1:54 PM

Replies: 12