Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Relax about our current bad recruiting. It's just ONE year.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Relax about our current bad recruiting. It's just ONE year.

Jul 27, 2018, 11:42 AM

There is no reason to be concerned about the overall health of our program just because 4 and 5 stars are currently rejecting us. The last 3 years have been great. And starting next year that may continue again. If 75% of our team is good, then we can have an entire class that is this historically bad. As long as our recruiting comes back to life by next year, I won't be worried. So maybe we spend a couple years ranked #20. That's ok ! RELAX.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pfffftt

Jul 27, 2018, 11:44 AM

that is what they were saying in Hatfield's second year.

Hatfield being fired is what ruined our program.

Jul 27, 2018, 11:45 AM

We will NEVER recover from that blunder.

I almost hate to mention it.....

Jul 27, 2018, 2:11 PM

but as painful as it was watching Tiger football take backward steps during Hatfield's tenure, living through the oft lamented Hootie Era was equally depressing....maybe moreso.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: pfffftt

Jul 27, 2018, 12:11 PM [ in reply to pfffftt ]

But Ken Hatfield isn't the now HC at Clemson, Dabo Swinney is, and he has more than proved himself as a HC with one of the top 3 teams in the country for the past several years!!! If it is true that the proof is in the pudding, then check out Dabo's pudding recipe.

https://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Best-Is-Standard-Notes-and-stats-prove-the-ascendance-of-the-Clemson-program-17073

This is Not a Vanilla Pudding recipe!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: pfffftt

Jul 27, 2018, 2:32 PM [ in reply to pfffftt ]

We will not spend multiple years ranked #20 In anything and def not recruiting. This class is still ranked top 10 in I think all services. This class is about adding depth with having so many schollies. Yes we have missed on some top targets, OL the most, but we will still land quality guys and are still in the running for some good recruits in that area. Getting Clay Webb to ALL IN was big imo, will still be a hard get but def a chance. This class will be ranked top 10 when it’s all said and done and we are going to land multiple elite guys in this 19 class. This whole 19 class has been labeled a down class around the whole county by all services. So tbh is 19 is the best class we could miss on some top Guys and be ok ( I know that sounds weird) but I truly believe that. The 2020 class is going to be a top 5 class mark my words, we already have 2 elite recruits in top 35 overall DT and a top 115 overall LB. We are going to land a lot of blue chip recruits in the 2020 class and it could go down as one of the best of all time. Someone can save this and throw it in my face if I’m wrong but I’m willing to bet the 2020 is ridicoulosly talented. We will be more than fine, we will be GREAT. Go Tigers!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Relax about our current bad recruiting. It's just ONE year.

Jul 27, 2018, 11:46 AM

Jul 27, 2018, 12:02 PM

Our coaches must feel that what they have recruited and have accepted commitments from are good enough or can be coached up to be as good as we have recruited the past few years. If this wasn't true, why would they accept their commitment when final signing day wasn't until February. That is plenty of time to recruit and bring in other 4-5 star talent. They believe that they have top talent in what they have accepted commitments from!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2018, 12:21 PM

Hey man it could be better but last time I checked we still were #10 so we ok. I'm gonna see what the haul look like by December. We finish top 10 by then I'm good.

If they won't listen to Frankie

Jul 27, 2018, 12:24 PM

Why would they listen to anyone?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I hope this was just a terrible attempt at sarcasm***

Jul 27, 2018, 12:35 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2018, 12:38 PM

It is really bad. Clemson is only 8th on the Rivals rankings. I think the problem here is that recruiting rankings have become a game all by themselves. But, remember, this recruiting game is like the Olympic events where you have judges. There is no "real" winner. It is just somebody's opinion.

Jul 27, 2018, 1:11 PM

I am sure the coaches are looking for all you t-netters to take over the recruiting program. You guys have ALL the answers. This class is BAD by being number 8? You do know or probably don't know that these recruits and players read all your crap. Why not let the pros handle this and if they need your help am sure they will come calling---Jeez!

Jul 27, 2018, 12:40 PM

Horsecrap

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t get it. Dabo and co. Decide to take one year off from recruiting and

Jul 27, 2018, 12:42 PM

Everyone gets their panties in a wad. So he is tired and took a year off, other professions call it a sabbatical. He’ll be back next year and we will win it all again #soonenuff

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THANK YOU. Exactly!!! Give the man a break!***

Jul 27, 2018, 4:25 PM

Jul 27, 2018, 12:52 PM

Bad years come back to bite you especially when you dont sign quality offensive linemen. Ask Tommy Bowden.

Jul 27, 2018, 2:21 PM

You are still here?

Jul 27, 2018, 12:52 PM

Bad years come back to bite you especially when you dont sign quality offensive linemen. Ask Tommy Bowden.

Sir Chasm strikes again...***

Jul 27, 2018, 1:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2018, 2:18 PM

I so hope this is sarcasm? Bad recruiting? Smh

Jul 27, 2018, 3:32 PM

S9 much stupidity in this thread. Coots coming out of the woodwork. Of course our "bad recruiting" is still better than the Coots. Results stand for themselves

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's about time to bring this back to the top.

Jul 30, 2018, 12:44 PM

Since it aged so well.

Dabo and company obviously read this and finally decided to wake up.

You're welcome T-Net!

Forget you.. I'm 45 and get angry as heck when

Jul 30, 2018, 12:47 PM

Some1 wakes me up from a nap.

I can only imagine dabo feels the same way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic