Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
does dabo get a free pass on a ucs loss
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

does dabo get a free pass on a ucs loss

Sep 14, 2012, 8:18 AM

...his 4th in a row...

because of this recruiting class?

sad, sad...someone needs to have a "come to jebus" meeting with this staff about beating cooters

imo most important game on the schedule in 2012

if i lived in oklahoma or arizona...may have a different opinion

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

does probation steve get a free pass on 0 championships

Sep 14, 2012, 8:20 AM

8 years and the only sniff was 56-17.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right now Furman is the most important game on the schedule.

Sep 14, 2012, 8:24 AM

Then it will be FSU.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Right now Furman is the most important game on the schedule.

Sep 14, 2012, 8:26 AM

Focus man. We might lose!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

I get your point, but as the coaches and team see it...

Sep 14, 2012, 8:41 AM

which is what he's talking about... This is the most important game.

Re: does dabo get a free pass on a ucs loss

Sep 14, 2012, 8:25 AM

I don't think he gets a free pass for any game but the reality is there is no better coach out there for clemson at this moment. You've got the top cordinators in the game and the recruits are being stock piled. If we don't win the next three years after this one it'll be time to talk. Also dabo is at a recruiting disadvantage to Spurrier because he is ethical and doesn't pump and dump his recruiting classes. So scars talent will always be better than their ranking shows

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

The cooters beat us physically for the past few years

Sep 14, 2012, 8:28 AM

alot of that physicality is playing in the NFL now (I'm looking at you Ingram).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That kid is definitely a beast. Playing grown man football

Sep 14, 2012, 8:30 AM

like a veteran.

Sep 14, 2012, 8:32 AM

I don't think he gets a free pass. I think a 4th loss in a row to USC won't get him fired unless we have an otherwise lackluster year, but it WILL put him on the hot seat the next year. I do believe his job is safe this year, however, provided he wins a certain amount of games (I'm torn on whether that threshold is 8 or 9 regular-season games).

I used to say only a 10+ win season and/or a repeat ACC Championship would save Dabo's job with a 4th loss to USC. I don't think that's the case anymore, especially with TDP retiring and a new AD on the job soon, but I do think that it has massive implications for the 2013 season.

This conversation is beyond hilarious to me...

Sep 14, 2012, 8:36 AM

the fact that anyone could even mention Dabo's job security right now is hysterical. The guy is winning football games, championships, and bringing in great talent every year. Sure, he hasn't enjoyed success against our rival, but that will come starting this November.

If you haven't realized it already, wake up! Dabo is here for the long haul.

null

FOCUS ON FURMAN!!!!!!***

Sep 14, 2012, 8:44 AM

Re: FOCUS ON FURMAN!!!!!! FU

Sep 14, 2012, 8:50 AM

please beat them

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FOCUS ON FURMAN!!!!!!***

Sep 14, 2012, 8:51 AM [ in reply to FOCUS ON FURMAN!!!!!!*** ]

i am trying but every inbred #### fan feels the need to try and start a conversation with me when i am out and wearing a paw

and frankly...i am beyond annoyed

i have never approached a stranger wearing coot gear and "struck up a conversation"

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, if they're being decent about it..

Sep 14, 2012, 8:59 AM

I dunno. It makes more sense to me here out of state. I'll talk to fan of instate teams if they're sporting their gear. And I'm always decent. Maybe a little banter. And they're usually the same. No harm there, and I've made a friend or two this way. But in state? That sounds more like trying to pick a fight than anything else.

Relax...

Sep 14, 2012, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Re: FOCUS ON FURMAN!!!!!!*** ]

Keep things in perspective. They are the Chickens, this thing will not last forever. They have beaten us three years in a row. They are so unfamiliar with this level of success, they don't know how to behave. They have managed to become relevant in the SEC, but they don't understand that it's primarily due to the demise & poor performances by UGA, UT, & UF. College football is an ever-dynamic environment. Look at how once great & talented programs at Miami, Washington, Colorado, and (yes) Notre Dame now struggle. We have gone through this ourselves at Clemson but have no doubt, we are ascending the mountain again toward consistent top-ten relevance and likely even greater things. The relative success of the Chickens has no legs. They are the Chickens and we know what is going to happen (and deep down, so do they). When they run their mouths and harass you, just smile with quiet confidence and congratulate them on last season's record setting best ever 5th place SEC finish (you know, the one that earned their team "participation trophy" commemorative rings). Your quiet confidence (which they consider arrogant) will remind them of their true place as permanent little brother.

Sep 14, 2012, 9:04 AM

ucs ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic