Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is freaking BULLCRAP
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 64
| visibility 1

This is freaking BULLCRAP

Dec 29, 2015, 11:47 PM

Marijuana SHOULD NOT Be an illegal drug. 95% of college kids (including players) have tried it or use it recreationally. Its bs that college players get in trouble for doing something that is used by billions of people everyday. If it's meth, crack or any man made substance that REALLY DOES HARM to the mind and body, then yes suspend them. Marijuana is used WORLDWIDE everyday and is safer than ALL the man-made crap (pills) and will soon be legal nationwide when the government figures out how to tax it. Just plain out bs that our kids get punished and looked down upon for something as simple and harmless as weed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is freaking BULLCRAP

Dec 29, 2015, 11:50 PM

What are your sources that 95% of ALL college kids use MJ? Either show your sources, or go back to the kids table and let the grown folks talk.

Dec 30, 2015, 11:47 AM

I smoke the tree everyday and I can gladly say if you are in football season and preparing for a Natty there are more important things than smoking some weed. I know for dang sure it isnt 95% of college students smoking maybe like 30%

Billions?

Dec 29, 2015, 11:50 PM

That would mean 2 out of 7 in the world. Hmmm...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, your math skills are impeccable

Dec 29, 2015, 11:53 PM

Yours are not.***

Dec 29, 2015, 11:59 PM

lol!***

Dec 30, 2015, 8:40 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But yours could certainly use some help***

Dec 30, 2015, 12:25 AM [ in reply to Wow, your math skills are impeccable ]

Re: Wow, your math skills are impeccable

Dec 30, 2015, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Wow, your math skills are impeccable ]

Much better than yours.

null

Re: Wow, your math skills are impeccable

Dec 30, 2015, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Wow, your math skills are impeccable ]

+1 for using impeccable! :)

I hope you used your best Carl Sagan accent. Ha!!!***

Dec 29, 2015, 11:54 PM [ in reply to Billions? ]

no it's not

Dec 29, 2015, 11:51 PM

they knew the rules and broke them.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Exactly! Legality is irrelevant

Dec 30, 2015, 8:36 AM

They knowingly broke NCAA rules. It's not the rule's fault. Why were you not complaining last week about the rule being "bullcrap"? Always the victim. I hate that it happened, too, but it is the players who followed the rules who are the victims here.

Dec 29, 2015, 11:52 PM

You are clueless. It is not harmless. The three that broke the rules need to be gone and I am glad they are.

I bet you are COOT***

Dec 29, 2015, 11:57 PM

It's not even as bad as booze***

Dec 30, 2015, 2:41 AM [ in reply to Re: This is freaking BULLCRAP ]

Dec 30, 2015, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Re: This is freaking BULLCRAP ]

Bruce K: ditto your comment. Get rid of them. They had their chance to play for a great coach, ion a great institution and for loyal faithful fans. They put their greed and selves first, get rid of them. Period.

Dec 30, 2015, 9:00 AM

You are a #### fna.

null

Pretty sure Savage Tiger smokes pot.

Is he your source on these stats?

It's illegal for all college kids in athletics. They let the team down.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But Mama, everyone else is doing it?!?! That is BS!!!

Dec 29, 2015, 11:53 PM

Billions of people use illegal drugs? Really? Please show me a link. 95% of college students have used it? Show me the links.

Actions have consequences. If you want to change the law, go for it. Until then, we should all respect the laws and rules.

link

Dec 29, 2015, 11:58 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=18640638#18640638

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2015, 11:55 PM

Do you smoke weed? Just a hunch

No, but I do wear skinny jeans and drive a toyota prius

Dec 30, 2015, 12:00 AM

Re: No, but I do wear skinny jeans and drive a toyota prius

Dec 30, 2015, 12:02 AM

Uhh. I was ok with the pot but now I'm concerned.

Dude, it's illegal. Don't care how much you love or accept it.

Dec 29, 2015, 11:58 PM

It's wrong. Has been for a long time. There is no gray area, no matter how you feel.
A speed limit is a speed limit.

Exactly***

Dec 30, 2015, 12:10 PM

Just about nobody drives the speed limit, bad example

Dec 30, 2015, 2:42 AM [ in reply to Dude, it's illegal. Don't care how much you love or accept it. ]

If you drive the speed limit on I-85, your ### is going to get ran over. Especially if you head down towards Georgia.

Squishy, that's my point.

Dec 30, 2015, 10:25 AM

Just like the OP says - everybody smokes the mj, you say everybody speeds. They are both illegal no matter how many people want it to be ok. Speed by a trooper on 85 and see what happens...then you will want to argue - it was just 10 over, everybody else is speeding too, or hey look at that guy...he must be going 110, why isn't he getting this ticket?

Have speed limits changed? Yes they have. Are mj laws changing? Yes. In the meantime, if it's against the law, and a person decides to break that law, then he or she is deciding to bear the consequences...if caught.

Sorry you didn't like my example. HTH.
Now go enjoy your brownie while driving 53 in a 45...on your way to waho.

Dec 30, 2015, 12:17 AM

Willy Wonka just called and wanted me to let you know that if you would like to live in his make believe world, he has room for you.

I am not interested in getting into a "legalization" debate with you, but I would like to point out that under today's laws and current NCAA rules, smoking pot is not legal. These players knew the rules and pushed their luck and go caught. I applaud Dabo for his tough stance and hope he gets Sammy to talk with Dion and it helps him out...

As for JJ and Lakip, especially Lakip (he was suspended for three games to start the year for coke, if anyone should know that he needed to keep his nose clean it was him), he got a second chance and blew it.. Hopefully this opens up another scholarship for recruiting or a deserving walk on...

"as simple and harmless as weed". I always get a kick...

Dec 30, 2015, 12:19 AM

...out of you weed supporters that want to argue that mary jane is such a wonderful and benevolent substance given to us by nature itself. I guess you would be just fine with a 17 year old pimply faced kid picking up your daughter for prom with a big old blunt hanging out of his mouth and smoke rolling out of his windows. It's no different than that same kid chugging a few beers and being impaired. Cause one is legal and being abused, we should legalize the other substance so it too can be abused. It's only fair. Brilliant argument.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Except weed has some benefits and alcohol does not

Dec 30, 2015, 12:24 AM

But that's beside the point.

These guys knew the rules and messed up. Point blank. Not much else to say. Smoke weed on your own time, not in a situation that is going to hurt your teammates.

Agree. I have zero issue with medicinal marijuana...

Dec 30, 2015, 12:32 AM

...as it serves a purpose. But smoking it simply to get high is no different from drinking alcohol to get drunk. And one does not make the other right.

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Alcohol has benefits

Dec 30, 2015, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Except weed has some benefits and alcohol does not ]

How do you think fat chicks get frat guys to drive them home at night ?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alcohol has no benefits? Don't tell a doctor.

Dec 30, 2015, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Except weed has some benefits and alcohol does not ]

It's one of if not the most powerful antiseptics on the planet.

No benefits? It's been used to sterilize medical instruments and clean wounds for 100s of years.

Marijuana has been PROVEN to damage the hiccocampus region of the brain and does more damage the younger the user begins to partake. It is also a PROVEN gateway drug.

You pot proponents are idiots and dangerous to the health of our nation. And yes... I know how dangerous alcohol is too. I don't drink either.

I am a bitter and angry man.

95%? Impressive...

Dec 30, 2015, 11:36 AM

I'm 23 and a Clemson Alum, and I have never smoked...I guess I'm in the minority according to those statistics.

Re: "as simple and harmless as weed". I always get a kick...

Dec 30, 2015, 8:57 AM [ in reply to "as simple and harmless as weed". I always get a kick... ]

That's a wonderful straw-man you've setup. Nobody was advocating people abusing marijuana, but simply that it should be legal just like its more dangerous counterpart alcohol.

In the case of these kids that got kicked off, they broke the rules, they should suffer the consequences; no doubt about it.

However, regarding marijuana, OP is right. There is no argument where you can support alcohol being legal and not marijuana.

> Cause one is legal and being abused, we should legalize the other substance so it too can be abused.

Legality has nothing to do with it. Ask any underage student at Clemson which is easier to score, pot or booze. Just because some people abuse it does not mean it shouldn't be available for others. Just be cause Joe can't handle his booze doesn't mean I shouldn't be allowed to enjoy a drink.

I have before but I do not currently smoke. I don't think it's some type of miracle or even completely safe drug, however the misinformation about it is just unbelievable. It's not comparable to hard drugs in it's class and it's not even nearly as dangerous as alcohol. Nobody get's high and beats their wife and children.

So again, regarding Dabo's decision. I 100% support it. Kids knew the rules and broke them. Regarding MJ, people ##### and moan about taxes yet fully support this costly war on drugs that just fuels the violence.

Dec 30, 2015, 1:23 AM

I agree.. But the rules in place are the rules they must follow. The fact of the matter is that they made a selfish decision and created an immense distraction for the team.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You need to channel your displeasure towards the real cause

Dec 30, 2015, 1:50 AM

and that would be the idiots who flunked their drug tests and embarrassed and let down their parents, families, university, teammates, coaching staff, and fans.

BTW...many states have legalized medical marijuana and a handful have recreational use legal...Feds havent though

Its very fgf-ish to start screaming about pot laws AFTER a player on your favorite team gets into trouble

And we don't know for sure the detected substance is thc

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2015, 7:22 AM

Although I believe weed should be legal,.....the players know the rules against it and should suffer the consequences coming even if it was currently legal. Team rules trump...kinda like parenting....do what your coaches say, period.

Yes, it pisses me off as a fan... what a team distraction and fuel for everyone outside of Clemson to scrutinize us closely. It's embarrassing because it shows mental weakness, a lack of respect for yourself, your teammates your coaches and your fans. All that said, i do sympathize with the kids bc they are under the microscope much more than the regular college student BUT they know they are.

Carry on and GO TIGERS!

OK.

Dec 30, 2015, 7:26 AM

But that has little to do with team and NCAA rules.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OK.

Dec 30, 2015, 8:41 AM

Let's hope this puts the team in a mindset of "us against the world" and they play harder than ever. The only one that hurts is the loss of Cain.

Dec 30, 2015, 8:39 AM

You are an idiot! Where are your facts? Are you so certain of government policy and or future legislation. The NCAA put the rules in place and every single player was aware of testing. I teach at a local college and frankly many of the generation involved have no concept of being accountable and recognizing consequences. Sorry but your rant is what is "freaking bullcrap."

Go Tigers!

Awwww yeah more MMD

Dec 30, 2015, 8:42 AM

mange meltdown

Re: Awwww yeah more MMD

Dec 30, 2015, 8:52 AM

I'd like to win a football game and it's a stupid rule. Mixon broke a girls face in four places and is playing in the game. Jameis Winston raped a girl and won the heisman. Deon Cain might have smoked a joint three weeks ago and is missing the game. Don't give me this puritan rule following for the good of the game ########. This is ####### ridiculous. The rule/law needs to be changed.

lol lets bring up sh!t that happened last year***

Dec 30, 2015, 10:31 AM

Wow! coop in your tnet name...

Dec 30, 2015, 8:50 AM

freud comes through again!

Go Tigers!!

Dec 30, 2015, 8:54 AM

^^^^ pothead.

You may be right but the players knew the rules....

Dec 30, 2015, 8:54 AM

and chose not to follow the rules.....they screwed and can only blame themselves!

Dec 30, 2015, 9:02 AM

I agree that it should be legal but you are still a moron. Also source for your 95% claim.

I am sure you will deliver...

null

Dec 30, 2015, 9:58 AM

Not sure if it was mentioned but what if it wasn't recreational use but pain management? I mean these kids are shot up with all kinds of stuff and given Vicodine for pain management, why not marijuanna? Just food for thought.

What is that rant?!

Dec 30, 2015, 10:03 AM

Bottom line - its against team rules to smoke pot (doesn't matter if it legal or not). The players knew the rules and chose to break them before the biggest game of their young lives. They also knew the consequences. Their is no ambiguity here. It not even a legal/not legal question. Its a team rules issue and they are getting the punishment they deserve. Only those 3 young men are to blame and they let down themselves, their family, their teammates, their coaches and the University. I feel bad for them but they must pay the price for their choice. Unfortunately their decision to break team rules hurts a lot of people and was very selfish.

Dec 30, 2015, 10:27 AM

For the record, I think that extreme views on either side of this argument are ridiculous. Is marijuana as bad as some make it? No. Is it as safe as some make it? No. Is it illegal? Yes. Did the players break team rules? Yes

BS is them not caring enough about their teammates and the

Dec 30, 2015, 10:37 AM

game to follow the rules!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Regardless of your logic/opinion

Dec 30, 2015, 10:48 AM

At this moment in time, it's a violation and these young men knew it. They chose to break the rules and are paying the penalty. And I have zero problem with their punishment.

Go Tigers!!

Dec 30, 2015, 10:49 AM

According to the a survey this year, 6% of college students use marijuana on a regular basis. 51% had not used ANY illegal drug in the past year.

So your 95% stat is total crap.

Not all college students are pot heads and junkies. Some of them actually have brains.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2015, 10:52 AM

The OP is proof that marijuana is harmful.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen, legalize it, don't criticize it*******

Dec 30, 2015, 10:56 AM

You're really angry for a pothead

Dec 30, 2015, 10:59 AM

I'm a Rand Paul libertarian and agree with you, but try turning it down like 6 notches. We're already winning this fight. Pot will be legal in our lifetime.

Wacky weed is not a drug. HTH***

Dec 30, 2015, 11:13 AM

I'm guessing it's more like 40-45%***

Dec 30, 2015, 11:38 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pot apologists are morons.

Dec 30, 2015, 11:47 AM

No doubt there is medical benefits to marijuana but as far as smoking? No.

Smoking pot has been PROVEN to damage developing brains. The younger you start, the more damage it does. Stopping smoking in adulthood does not reverse the damage. It alters the structure and operation of the hippocampus region of the brain. Full stop. It. Alters. The. Brain. Permanently.

Pot use has become cooler and more socially acceptable but it doesn't make it right.

Alcohol is also dangerous and unhealthy... and its social acceptance doesn't negate the risks of use.

As far as how many students use it, 95% is bull. 95% of your friends may use it but potheads always find and enable each other. They sit in circles telling each other how right they are. Most college students and most successful adults DO NOT use drugs. The ones that do eventually pay a price.

Every single time I see someone advocating for drug use, I want to beat their ###. Morons.

I am a bitter and angry man.

no it's not "bullcrap" it's not about smoking weed, either..

Dec 30, 2015, 12:39 PM

it's ALL about a standard of living and breaking the rules of that standard. dabo has set a standard of living for the players on his team. if and when he finds you broke the rules, he may give you a second chance, but he deals with you as he sees fit.

same thing with society, there are rules to live by and if you break them you are punished. one of those rules presently is no use of certain drug such as weed, some people may think that some rules are "bullcrap" but it doesn't matter, rules are rules.

Dec 30, 2015, 2:45 PM

BS that pot is harmless. It is psychologically addictive and is a gateway drug. I speak from experience. I've seen it wreck lives. Plus, it's illegal in most states. The vast majority of people do not smoke it. Maybe if you live in Seattle or Denver, but not in the South.

Uwee

Dec 30, 2015, 2:52 PM

that's another debate in itself.

Sorry, you goin' be ok? Have a sit down, and a glass of milk.

:D :D

Replies: 64
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic