Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Ranking Clemson's five toughest opponents for 2018: Who made the cut?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

New Story: Ranking Clemson's five toughest opponents for 2018: Who made the cut?

Jan 18, 2018, 5:56 PM

Ranking Clemson's five toughest opponents for 2018: Who made the cut?

Once the 2018 Clemson football schedule was released Wednesday afternoon, I took to Twitter to ask my followers the five toughest games on the Tigers’ schedule next season. What teams made the cut?
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Regarding the rivalry thing...

Jan 18, 2018, 6:12 PM

It just doesn’t hold water that “records go out the window” ... it seems to have been shown time and time again that talent generally wins out at a rate very similar to non rivalry games. Sorry chickens, never again

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Ranking Clemson's five toughest opponents for 2018: Who made the cut?

Jan 18, 2018, 6:35 PM

Where’s Alabama?! Seems like we play them every dadgummed year. Schedule them and get it over with. ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SCAR at #5 LOL 90-17 in the last two years

Jan 18, 2018, 6:41 PM

yeah really tough. Funny thing is, the games weren't as close as the score.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SC at home tougher than Tech and Wake away??? My 5:

Jan 18, 2018, 7:00 PM

1. @ FSU
2. @ BC
3. @ A&M
4. @ Wake
5. @ GT.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SC at home tougher than Tech and Wake away??? My 5:

Jan 18, 2018, 7:41 PM

We could easily lose two of those three,

Jan 18, 2018, 8:34 PM

If Cooterville is in the top 5 of our opponents, I fear for our strength of schedule.

Jan 21, 2018, 5:26 AM

Amen

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jan 18, 2018, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Re: SC at home tougher than Tech and Wake away??? My 5: ]

No way

so you are saying

Jan 18, 2018, 8:59 PM [ in reply to SC at home tougher than Tech and Wake away??? My 5: ]

all away games?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I would put Louisville, Wake and GT ahead of $CU

Jan 18, 2018, 9:48 PM [ in reply to SC at home tougher than Tech and Wake away??? My 5: ]

The fact that their schedule is weak and they may be ranked when they come to Death Valley is completely irrelevant and doesn't change the fact that they lack both the coaching and the talent to play four quarters with Clemson. Clemson wins another laugher.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I would put Louisville, Wake and GT ahead of $CU

Jan 21, 2018, 1:44 AM

Clemson will destroy them.

Re: New Story: Ranking Clemson's five toughest opponents for 2018: Who made the cut?

Jan 18, 2018, 9:49 PM

You had me until the Coots made the list. I opted for picking the shutouts.

Jan 19, 2018, 9:53 AM

5. @Wake
4. Furman
3. BC
2. @FSU
1. @A&M

wake is a good team that will have energy to compete at home
furman - shhhhhh! dont sleep its the opening game and its an FCS championship contender
BC is always slow and rugged
FSU in tally is always a tough game and likely motivation on their end to redeem last yr
A&M will be the toughest playing a coach that is familiar and a ruckus environment early in the season with uncertainty and youth on offense.

Jan 21, 2018, 6:29 AM

FSU? New HC whos records at previous schools weren't exactly stellar? Not an easy game but still won't be close to the FSU of old, at least this season.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic