Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Regarding the UNC Hype
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Regarding the UNC Hype

Dec 2, 2015, 9:56 AM

Lots of panties in a bunch here regarding the hype that UNC is getting. While they have had a great season, their strength of schedule certainly leaves something to be desired.

Clemson has this game locked down if they put players on the field. In the eyes of ESPN, they know this. However, their success as an organization hinges on people watching the games. The more they talk about UNC being a legit title contender/favorite in the game, the more people will think it will be a good game. This in turn means more people will watch the game. I mean, it's already working on most of you here - starting to doubt our team.

Watch past games, ignore the media commentary.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am glad they are hyping them. It will make a

Dec 2, 2015, 10:23 AM

Clemson win that much better. Of course we all know it will be called "Clemsoning" if we manage to lose, regardless of how good UNC is. I think Dabo's "Clemsoning" rant against the media fueled that fire so they are just waiting to jump on that bandwagon as soon as we lose. That inspires many in the media to want to see us lose. Although I don't think that the team really needs the additional UNC media hype inspiration as the stakes of going to the playoff and winning the conference title are enough. it just adds more fuel to the fire. We are #1. Everyone is gunning for us so that is just the price of being #1. Bring it on. If we can't beat UNC, then we shouldn't be in the championship race. If we can't beat BAMA, OU, or IOWA then we should not be #1, but we are so that is enough respect for me regardless of what the talking heads say.

I'm hoping it has the opposite effect on the Tigers

Dec 2, 2015, 10:27 AM

Hope they play even more inspired!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

my thoughts, let them have the hype. It will be that much

Dec 2, 2015, 10:40 AM

sweeter when we win. Plus, it would put ESPN in the odd position of having to support us after them giving so much hype to them. They have painted themselves in a corner now. If we win there will be no way they can say anything negative about us or our schedule or us winning a weak ACC. The last few yrs the ACC champ always faced criticism cause it was only us and FSU and they would say well whoever won only had to beat the other. Now since they are hyping UNC they cant do that, if they do they look silly. Plus, we always seem to play better when we are in the underdog role and out to prove doubters wrong. I think the team relishes when everyone is doubting them.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic