Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Regarding the "Duel-QB System"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Regarding the "Duel-QB System"

Apr 7, 2014, 10:53 AM

I've never been a fan of the whole pull one QB if he's not doing well and put in the other. I'm also not really a fan of the "Package QB" think like Oklahoma did a few years back with Fullback looking fella.

But I think what USC did with Shaw and Thompson WORKED, and created an entirely new gam plan advantage. I think both Cole and Chad would both be solid leaders and play makers, both with their specific fortes, but overall being able to both run the ball and throw accurately. Imagine going up against UGA or FSU and them having no idea who will be taking the field. The seasoned gunslinger, or the scrappy playmaker that can find a hole and break for yards.

If there isn't a clear winner this fall, I think this is our best approach, assigning them packages that eventually become predictable later in the season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like it.

Apr 7, 2014, 10:54 AM

Let's email this thread to dabo and the chad so they know how the tnet feels

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

DuEl QB system would be like gladiator style right?

Apr 7, 2014, 10:56 AM

DuAl QB system is what you're going for.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

No, I mean they fight for it right before the game

Apr 7, 2014, 11:00 AM

The one with no major injurers takes the field for the whole game. Duel Quarterback System.

Re: No, I mean they fight for it right before the game

Apr 7, 2014, 11:18 AM

I can almost hear the banjos playing now.

Let's do it...

Apr 7, 2014, 12:29 PM
Duel.jpg(6.4 K)

lunger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

You ain't no daisy***

Apr 7, 2014, 1:24 PM

Clemson

Let's not resort to chicken fighting

Apr 7, 2014, 12:33 PM [ in reply to No, I mean they fight for it right before the game ]

Sorry coots. ;)

I literally just posted this somewhere else:

Apr 7, 2014, 10:56 AM

Teams having to prepare for Stoudt and Kelly will be in trouble! I wish FSU didn't get the BYE right before us, it gives them a lot of time to prepare for whatever our offense is this season.

I think Chad Morris' offense is going to be very different from anything we've seen this year… I just have the feeling he is going to make some packages that work well with our different QBs. I'm very excited what he has cooked up for this season!

great minds, such and such.***

Apr 7, 2014, 10:58 AM

Re: Regarding the "Duel-QB System"

Apr 7, 2014, 11:03 AM

When I was at Clemson back in early 60's, Due to substitution rules and players playing both ways -we always used two QBs every game. Never seemed to be a problem. They had different strengths and weaknesses to, but teams had to prepair for two QB's (actually 2 offensive teams). Worked fine then.

I also believe in 2 game plans! When the other team goes in

Apr 7, 2014, 12:19 PM

at halftime and makes adjustments to counter what you are doing, come out the 2nd half and do something else and it's too late to adjust again!

Duel to see who is starter in a DUAL qb system!

Apr 7, 2014, 11:34 AM

Like it! GO TIGERS - AGREE THAT TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT QB'S like that can be very effective. And Spurlid used more of a runner for his wildcat (not Thompson). Here we have both a great runner and passer in a Swagcat!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you don't believe in pulling a QB if he is not playing well?

Apr 7, 2014, 12:16 PM

I don't understand that. Haven't you ever seen a cach change QB's and ignite a spark and the whole game changed? I wouldn't do it at the drop of a hat but I would pull him over and tell him that he is still my guy but today just isn't your day. If he is not strong enough to handle that then maybe he isn't my guy after all.

Unless he's really doing damage to the chances of winning,

Apr 7, 2014, 1:08 PM

no. fix the problem with the guy. Never believed in pulling the QB after every mistake... turns him into a head case (Stephen Garcia)

No.***

Apr 7, 2014, 1:20 PM [ in reply to you don't believe in pulling a QB if he is not playing well? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Regarding the "Duel-QB System"

Apr 7, 2014, 12:38 PM

It's all been figured out. We going to line up 6 on the line with one being tight-end. 2 wideouts, to give us 3 receiving threats. That leaves 3 position spots left. They will comprise of a tailback and 2 qb's. I say we are going to run a power run game with a new unorthodox 2 qb's at one time system. BOOM!!!

Disclaimer: These comments are not representative of sound coaching and are precisely why I am a armchair coach to begin with. However, I do like my own idea's. #ownit!

The Duel QB system rarely, if ever, works

Apr 7, 2014, 12:53 PM

....the benefit of making the defense prepare for 2 QBs is far exceeded by the risk of throwing your offense out of sync, hesitation by all members of the offense, and certainty of False Start penalties.

If you have to rely on 2 QBs, all that means is you dont have 1.

/thread

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic