Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Regarding SCar's defense and Clowney... The UGA and UNC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 2,329

Regarding SCar's defense and Clowney... The UGA and UNC

Sep 10, 2013, 8:29 PM

offenses built their entire gameplan almost around one player, Clowney.

They purposefully ran everything away from him and knew where he was at all times. How in the world could Clowney possibly receive a bigger compliment than taking away essentially half of the football field?

It's unbelievable to me that people are questioning the impact he has on the games when he's single handedly dictating what the offense is doing.

My question is what are the other 10 players doing when they're going away from Clowney. UGA's offense is just d@amn good. I know I certainly would not want to play them again.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Regarding SCar's defense and Clowney... The UGA and UNC

Sep 10, 2013, 8:37 PM

Clowney's team is 1-1. I think he's made 6 tackles and has had one sack.

Cowherd is right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isn't it amazing that people have finally realized

Sep 10, 2013, 8:42 PM

there's 10 other guys on the field with him?

he doesn't think so. it's all him. ***

Sep 10, 2013, 8:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Yes.That's what I'm saying. "We" should be bashing the other

Sep 10, 2013, 8:46 PM [ in reply to Isn't it amazing that people have finally realized ]

10 players IMO. People only talk about Clowney's "poor" performance when he's causing offenses to build their entire plan around him.

"We" weren't calling him the 2nd coming.***

Sep 10, 2013, 9:01 PM

Re: Yes.That's what I'm saying. "We" should be bashing the other

Sep 10, 2013, 10:40 PM [ in reply to Yes.That's what I'm saying. "We" should be bashing the other ]

Maybe he needs a "doodoo ice" machine on the sideline to keep him going?!!!

Sep 10, 2013, 10:18 PM

We are definitely missing devin taylor. Chaz sutton played well as a backup last year but hasn't got it going through first two games. We also need quarles to get healthy. Playing right beside clowney he should get a lot of single blocking. If those guys on the other end don't make some plays then we are going to see the same thing every week. I expected some problems from the young linebackers but chaz is a senior with some talent and in the perfect place to make some plays. Clowney getting the criticism but its easy to scheme away from one guy if the others don't step up and the coaches don't adjust the schemes. I am much more disappointed with the other DL than with clowney. They are not giving him a chance.

Sep 10, 2013, 10:21 PM

Sounds like you are planning to overload the left side of your defense (side opposite Clowney).

You had better hope Clowney has been either sick or hurt and not out of shape.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

3 of ugays td's were ran right at clowney ! he had his ears

Sep 11, 2013, 5:37 AM

pin backed and was going hard after the qb, while the ball carrier was going right beside him up the field! he is their de, and he completely disregarded CONTAIN!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 3 of ugays td's were ran right at clowney ! he had his ears

Sep 11, 2013, 7:54 AM

Not surprising you don't understand the nuances of the game. Clowney had the inside contain on those plays. A linebacker should have been there for the outside contain.

Similar to the McDowell run last year. Clowney had qb contain and a linebacker didn't fill the gap leading to a long run. The "experts" on here use anything they can to discredit clowney.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: 3 of ugays td's were ran right at clowney ! he had his ears

Sep 11, 2013, 7:58 AM

Clowney doesn't give a s--- about anything but his stats,isn't in shape,and doesn't care about the coaches. He is not a team player. Sure,he is super talented,but not a leader at all.

wrong. he was going for the sack - plain and simple

Sep 11, 2013, 8:09 AM [ in reply to Re: 3 of ugays td's were ran right at clowney ! he had his ears ]

he used the exact same move he did when he got his sack earlier in the game, and he guessed he could "beat" his man with the inside move, he was baited , and he bit- hook,line and sinker.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2013, 7:17 AM

My two cents is this. Johnson was the architect behind the defense at Scar. He's gone, and Ward is not the DC Johnson is. When Danny was fired,Hatfield looked good the first year,but the year after not so good.

Re: Re: Regarding SCar's defense and Clowney... The UGA and UNC

Sep 11, 2013, 7:48 AM

Agreed ward to keep what was in place, but had too build a defense this year looks like he is over his head now. Usc turn the program around when ellis came now that he is gone looke for them too look like before he got there.

Sep 11, 2013, 7:31 AM

When a team scores 41 on a defense, I wouldn't say any player had an impact.

This is my last post in a clowney thread.

Sep 11, 2013, 7:53 AM

He doesn't play for my Tigers and I don't care about him for now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only 2 things matter about SCjr and The Clown...

Sep 11, 2013, 8:01 AM

1. They got beat by a team we beat the week before.

2. We don't have to see "the hit" by an unblocked DE anymore.

Tigers 2-0
Dirtpeckers 1-1

Stay focused Tigers.

Replies: 17
| visibility 2,329
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic