Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Regarding Martavus
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Regarding Martavus

Mar 12, 2016, 6:42 PM

I've read a few threads and feel compelled to add my thoughts.

What some have posted, over and over, is that he knew it was jeopardizing his career but he kept doing it. Well of course. But can you reach inside for a little compassion and just ask yourself why someone would do that? Simply because "he is a dumb ####" as some have said? Really, that's why?

You maybe could guess that the young man is self-medicating a very serious problem. Depression or just call it a problem with living in his circumstances. These are mental illnesses, often with a real physical component to them.

Try to understand. Not for Tay, he doesn't know you. But because there is a fair likelihood that someone in your life now or in the future may really need that from you.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

do you think it's at all possible that marijuana

Mar 12, 2016, 6:45 PM

causes some of those chemical imbalances in the brain?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and if it does?***

Mar 12, 2016, 6:47 PM

#####?***

Mar 12, 2016, 6:49 PM

I'm not really seeing your point...

Mar 12, 2016, 7:09 PM [ in reply to do you think it's at all possible that marijuana ]

Whether he needed it to begin with or became dependent after the fact, he needs help. If he was happy with himself and his life, I'm sure he wouldn't be getting stoned.

no one is saying he doesn't need help... clearly he does***

Mar 12, 2016, 8:32 PM

No, it doesn't. As someone who has dealt with depression

Mar 12, 2016, 7:55 PM [ in reply to do you think it's at all possible that marijuana ]

And still deals with it, there's really only 2 drugs that an cause these types of chemical imbalances: Amphetamine (Adderall, Vyvanse, Meth) or Alcohol (usually only seen in alcoholics). Of course, depression doesn't neccesarily need a cause. It can read it's ugly head almost out of nowhere for no good reason. Depression is a real, horrible mental illness that people need to treat more seriously.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

who's downplaying depression?

Mar 12, 2016, 8:33 PM

it's terrible...

but he's clearly got a problem, and to suggest that his "problem" doesn't breed more problems, especially mentally, is insane.

Wharcomes 1st - the egg or chicken? Regardless compassion?***

Mar 12, 2016, 10:28 PM [ in reply to do you think it's at all possible that marijuana ]

No******

Mar 13, 2016, 7:38 PM [ in reply to do you think it's at all possible that marijuana ]

Re: Regarding Martavus

Mar 12, 2016, 6:49 PM
image.png(264.0 K)

Catylin approves this post***

Mar 13, 2016, 7:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well put, but

Mar 12, 2016, 6:55 PM

If you're going to affectionately refer to him as "Tay", at least spell his name right

Mar 12, 2016, 7:11 PM

I agree it's more mental than physical. I pray that the mercy of God be over him. A just man falls 7 times. What makes him just is the grace of God and the will to get up. God blesd us all.

Post of the year and God bless you!

Mar 12, 2016, 10:43 PM

I think if you're a man of faith you're speaking the words Jesus would on this young man's behalf. If you aren't then you are still an educated man of compassion who understands how insidious and physical drug addiction is. Tay is in my prayers and God bless you both !

Please. The pysch babble pablum you are puking is sickening.

Mar 13, 2016, 8:39 AM

The guy is a grown man and won the jackpot of life by having the athletic ability to make it on a level that 99.9% of all red blooded American guys would DREAM about and he is throwing it away on dope. The NFL should fire him and cut all ties. He had his shot and he's thrown it away. Bye bye Tay

Mar 13, 2016, 7:29 PM

Yep, but just think how you would laugh if he were a coot.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic