Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CLEMSON- ING !?! Really ESPN
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

CLEMSON- ING !?! Really ESPN

Oct 7, 2017, 9:19 AM

Why even throw that in there... put it to bed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CLEMSON- ING !?! Really ESPN

Oct 7, 2017, 9:20 AM

Heard it p o s screw espn

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It didn't really bother me.

Oct 7, 2017, 9:21 AM

Like he said, it's not a thing anymore. Dabo has taken us over that hump already. The perception has changed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It didn't really bother me.

Oct 7, 2017, 9:22 AM

I agree it's not a thing... but it's kinda of a gasoline on the fire type of comment. Not needed.

Oct 7, 2017, 9:24 AM

I also want to say he'd only say that type of comment while being in TX with thousands of miles btw him and Dabo. Dabo is a nice man, but he's not afraid to use the comment to speak up and reiterate why it's an irrelevant comment

Oct 7, 2017, 9:24 AM [ in reply to It didn't really bother me. ]

I never understood why we got picked on with our own term. Teams lose all the time. Every year Southern Cal is predicted in the top 5 and they lose a few every year. Why don't they have a term?

Oct 7, 2017, 9:31 AM

Like it or not, we earned that nickname. Thanks to tommy Bowden. Of coarse other teams lose games they were supposed to win, but they didn't do it year after year after year after year. You bring up USC, they would lose games they shouldn't have, but they didn't go on the road and beat a top 10 team, then lose to a 1-6 team the next week. And do it all the time like we did.

Herbstreet said that term means beating teams by 40 points, and they all said it doesn't apply anymore.

Oct 7, 2017, 11:15 AM

Lex Tiger you are 100% correct sir. Tommy Definitely helped us earn that nickname.

Also it's worth stating, and I think the ESPN announcer would of been more correct in saying, you cannot sleep on any opponent, esp. in the ACC right now. WF is not the same team I went to see us beat in their home stadium last year. They are experienced and will bring their A-game.

But with Dabo and Co. they practice what they preach... come up ready to play or the day you lose will be the biggest game of the season. Every game is important. All In BABY!

Let's Go!

Happy Home Coming Ya'll

Oct 7, 2017, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: It didn't really bother me. ]

Like it or not, we earned that nickname. Thanks to tommy Bowden. Of coarse other teams lose games they were supposed to win, but they didn't do it year after year after year after year. You bring up USC, they would lose games they shouldn't have, but they didn't go on the road and beat a top 10 team, then lose to a 1-6 team the next week. And do it all the time like we did.

Herbstreet said that term means beating teams by 40 points, and they all said it doesn't apply anymore.

Oct 7, 2017, 11:06 AM

Yeah but Rece Davis is throwing it out there for a reason, Desmond said they need to get over it. Only way to stop this is go on social media and expose their agenda. Hit em where it hurts, sponsors. Home Depot, Coke, Pizza Hut etc. Let em know you shop at Lowes, drink Pepsi, etc. Let em know the reason is Gameday, Rece Davis and Desmond Howard. They think NC St will spank our ### and then it will be all SEC SEC SEC. Get to work.

Oct 7, 2017, 11:30 AM

Hahahaha. Wow.

Social Media Warriors.....activate!!!!!

Oct 7, 2017, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: It didn't really bother me. ]

"Only way to stop this is go on social media and expose their agenda. "

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was always a stupid ### term from the beggining

Oct 7, 2017, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Re: It didn't really bother me. ]

Under Bowden we were a different program. We were not expected to win 10 games ever year. Those were not our glory years in anyway shape or form.

Meanwhile you have teams like WVU who blew their chance to make the national title with their best team ever by losing at home to a 4-7 Pitt team. And teams like SC who ended their best stretch in their schools history without any type of title and a 56-17 loss in their conference title game.

The idea that Clemson needed to win a national title to end the term is also completely ludicrous. I mean 1 team a year wins the national title. When did Clemson get the expectations from the media that if we don't win the national title it's a disappointment? Maybe we take that as a compliment then

Oct 7, 2017, 9:23 AM

We posted the same post at the same time but I wasn’t smart enough to put a dash in the middle of the word and I got edited

Re: CLEMSON- ING !?! Really ESPN-didnt make the

Oct 7, 2017, 9:23 AM

Sat slate, almost no clips in the intro. Exactly why I hate them

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn’t bother me.

Oct 7, 2017, 9:24 AM

As Herbie said, it now means “beating an opponent by 40 points.”

The scr1pt flipped years ago.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. He's on our bandwagon for a while now.

Oct 7, 2017, 9:27 AM

I believe in our team and I'm more secure with myself as a fan not to be bothered by just this word.

Oct 7, 2017, 9:27 AM

Maybe stop mentioning that it has been said.It really shouldn't bother anyone anymore. It's not relevant or applicable.

Who cares?*****

Oct 7, 2017, 9:28 AM

Locker room material

Oct 7, 2017, 9:29 AM

I hope the team heard them say that and it fires them up.

Rub dirt on it and ignore it.***

Oct 7, 2017, 11:33 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

IMO not a big deal...

Oct 7, 2017, 11:43 AM

I'm over it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as we react, they'll keep saying it.***

Oct 7, 2017, 11:45 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We got a Natty

Oct 7, 2017, 11:50 AM

Doesn't really bother me anymore.

"Reese Davis-ing"

Oct 7, 2017, 10:23 PM

Sliding into a job you don't deserve. See also failing upwards and Lane Kiffin

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2017, 10:50 PM

That term also applied to those of us who would study like crazy for a big test in a hard course and do well, but then bomb a quiz in an elective.

Or maybe that was just me?!

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic