Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Redshirt Austin Bryant?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,511

Redshirt Austin Bryant?

Sep 29, 2016, 12:44 AM

Just a thought. I guess there are at least 8 games left (if not 9 or more) after Saturday. But if he's not ready now or by next week, why rush it?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Redshirt Austin Bryant?

Sep 29, 2016, 12:46 AM

It's called a medical hardship waiver, not a redshirt.

Another term is medical redshirt.

Sep 29, 2016, 2:38 AM

So, it's not entirely incorrect. I'm not saying it's correct, but I'm not surprised if someone just uses it for short.

Since Austin Bryant has yet been redshirted, it's understandable that using only redshirt can lead to confusion.

Sep 29, 2016, 12:47 AM

If you are competing for a national championship you do not sit your best players. If that means he plays and shows out in only four games, it is still the best for both parties.

Sep 29, 2016, 12:50 AM

I would rather have him play the rest of this season. If he is back for next week, there are still tough games remaining. And if things go how we all want them to,....ACCCG, two rds of playoffs with winning the NC! There is so much to play for this year and there is a good bit of youth at that position for future seasons.

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Redshirt or not...

Sep 29, 2016, 2:44 AM

I doubt he stays after 2018. He might even leave after next year. For this reason, it's no point of redshirting him, well, unless you think in doing so it'll guarantee that he'll stay for two more years.

Spot on

Sep 29, 2016, 3:59 AM

Get what you can out of him before he goes pro. Even if it is only a few games, he is way too good to redshirt even if he only plays 100% for a few games

Re: Spot on

Sep 29, 2016, 7:34 AM

^^^^^Hmmm? I wanted Mike Williams to play in the NC playoff games, and burn his RS. So I would have been correct in doing this? I would have been a genius and hired as someone's HC since we would have won the NC game against Bama had Mike played for us? And Mike would be in the NFL right now making millions? Alrighty.

Dang - I always knew I was a genius, and now it's confirmed. Thanks man. :)

Sep 29, 2016, 7:57 AM

MW7 wasn't cleared medically for the natty, he didn't do contact in spring either. It's a different world we live in now, redshirt is for your projects. Your impact players will go pro after three. Can't blame them, it is a limited window as the sport has gotten bigger, stronger, faster, meaner and the need to maximize their earning potential.

Sep 29, 2016, 8:03 AM

> MW7 wasn't cleared medically for the natty, he didn't
> do contact in spring either. It's a different world
> we live in now, redshirt is for your projects. Your
> impact players will go pro after three. Can't blame
> them, it is a limited window as the sport has gotten
> bigger, stronger, faster, meaner and the need to
> maximize their earning potential.

Sep 29, 2016, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Spot on ]

The key is to make sure he can give 100%. He needs to be pushed in practice before he is turned loose.

We will need him.....

Sep 29, 2016, 10:12 AM

The defensive line, while a strength of our team, needs all the depth available.
We have not played a team yet that can really sling it around from a passing perspective. Fresh DL will be needed late in games to rush the passer, among other things. And I think we have already lamented our tendency to give up 4th quarter scores...part of the reason is that the pass rush has slowed down a bit (that and the 3 man prevent rush).
Will look forward to Bryant being back and Wilkins moving around all over the d-line, causing offensive lineman confusion and fear

Possible

Sep 29, 2016, 3:18 PM

though we desperately need a pass rush from our DEs. The DEs have only 2 sacks t/ the first 4 games (both by Christian Wilkins). 3 1/2 of the 8 TFLs by DEs were vs. SC State. Wilkins has 5 of the 8 TFLs. Clelin Ferrell has zero sacks & 1 half credit for a TFL vs Auburn & 1 half credit vs. SC State. The only other stats any of the DEs have were vs. SC State - 1 TFL each for Chris Register & 1 for Richard Yeargin. In other words, almost all of our Sacks/TFLs have come from other positions. The fact that Christian Wilkins was moved from DT to DE indicates how weak we are at DE. We could really use Austin Bryant. Plus, if he takes a medical red-shirt, we'll probably get only one full year for his scholarship.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,511
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic