Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ian Book
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 3,741

Ian Book

Dec 5, 2018, 12:12 AM

I’ve watched some of the Syracuse and Northwestern game.

Book is definitely a deadly thrower, and he’ll pick apart a secondary for sure. And Boykin is one of those sure-fire targets that when that connection gets going it would be pretty #### frustrating to watch.

This game is gonna be AWESOME. Good matchup.

I’ve seen people saying that ND sucks or something - that simply isn’t the case. They’re solid. We’re gonna have to get pressure on book consistently and absolutely our corners and safeties are gonna need their A game, or at least B+. If they play undisciplined it will be a frustrating game.

Whatcha guys think? Is that accurate?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ian Book

Dec 5, 2018, 12:19 AM

I think you are pretty close

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Dec 5, 2018, 12:22 AM

He's a good QB, he's pretty accurate and even more so he's a good scrambler. They design run him often & we're going to have to account for that.
I'm sure BV will have the guys dialed in to what they like to do, but theirs always the unknown. If our O-line continues to create holes and keep TL pretty clean, they can't score with us. Which will help BV with time to adjust (if needed).

Dec 5, 2018, 12:28 AM

Agreed on that point. Our volatility as an offense is not paralleled by ND. And I mean that in a good way.

Dec 5, 2018, 12:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Ian Book ]

Well except the Coot game our O has not had much rhythm the last 3-4 weeks. I hope this is because we could run at will but the passing game has not looked sharp. This could be because we have played a little vanilla and not had to show much.
Our O is definitely relying on the run and as long as we can run , no problems.
I don’t understand why we don’t use the slant more over the middle with Tee and Ross.
Seems like we have been trying the deep ball down the sideline a lot .

Dec 5, 2018, 1:19 AM

Over the middle is always there for the taking and we never take it. So hopefully the middle has been in reserve for post season play. I do know this, when you have a 6'6" QB with the arm and accuracy that TL has, the middle of the field should be targeted until a defense commits to stop it. If and when they do commit to stop it, those down field over the shoulder won't be necessary bc anything behind the LBs will be open at a dead run. One pass that TL is good at, and that is hitting receivers running wide open down field. Those type passes were highlighted in his HS film. Maybe we should have recruited his HS receivers also!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ian Book?

Dec 5, 2018, 7:49 AM

ND is best at throwing to guys coming out of the back field so that will be top priority for coach V!

Recruitment Story

Dec 5, 2018, 7:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Ian Book ]

Imma Purple Hurricane......Cartersville, GA that is.......although I graduated a LONG time ago. Anyway, I have a niece who was a student there over the last few years. Apparently some of TLs receiver guys WERE looked at by college recruiters. My niece told me that there was a day during TL's recruitment that both Nickie and the Clemson guys were in the lunchroom at the highschool at the same time. Caused quite a stir I understand.

Message was edited by: Phideaux®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why cower?

Dec 5, 2018, 7:50 AM

don't need last line.

Venables with weeks to prepare? I like our chances!***

Dec 5, 2018, 8:25 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

Its the ACC ... we always bring our "A" game***

Dec 5, 2018, 8:36 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 3,741
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic