Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When you consider Bama’s last recruiting classes of #5, 1,1,1 &1 vs ours
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,091

When you consider Bama’s last recruiting classes of #5, 1,1,1 &1 vs ours

Jan 4, 2019, 5:21 PM

of #5, 12 12, ?, 5 or so...you can see trouble right there..

BUT you take DaBO’s & Venables desire & Tiger Pride..

then it’s not an automatic loss until “The Fat Lady Sings”!

Saying, Go TiGERS..ROCK!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Recruiting numbers only evaluate players physically, and

Jan 4, 2019, 5:25 PM

their performance in high school versus similar teams. It doesn't take into account their maturity, courage, toughness, intelligence, moral fiber, selflessness, camaraderie, responsibility, and dedication.

Luckily for us, our coaches take all that in consideration and more.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the kind of "loser" comment we heard two years......

Jan 4, 2019, 5:37 PM

ago but we all know how that turned out.

Stop this "automatic loss" thinking because it we play our best anything can happen.

When you consider Bama signs 5-10 more players each...

Jan 4, 2019, 5:43 PM

year than Clemson you'd expect their rankings to be higher. When you consider they discard players like spoiled frozen fish you'd expect their recruiting to be a bit higher.

Exercise your library skills, Bill. Take the total number of recruits Clemson signs in any given year and just allow Bama that many recruits and compare the results. The total number of players matter.

Bama recruits top players but pick out a starter on this year's team and trade him for one playing the same position on our team and we'll talk about it. I might swap a TE but that's it. Maybe, I would but I'd want to talk to the Bama player and see if he would fit in with our guys. Character eliminates many from our list of wants.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When you consider Bama signs 5-10 more players each...

Jan 4, 2019, 6:32 PM

Still would trade for surtain. True freshman and still learning but he’s really helped them this year. The way he plays through the ball is beautiful.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When you consider Bama signs 5-10 more players each...

Jan 4, 2019, 6:44 PM

coaches really wanted Patrick Surtain _________ and now you see why !!!! I hope we get our "special DB"" with Andrew Booth coming in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: When you consider Bama’s last recruiting classes of #5, 1,1,1 &1 vs ours

Jan 4, 2019, 5:45 PM

Was listening to a national syndication radio show over the holidays and they were talking about programs with coaching changes etc, west va, Miami, Houston etc in the context of recruiting... long story short, they stated that the balance needs to be around 65% recruiting and 35% coaching (which includes development, s&c , etc.).

So, to your point lbb, you are correct my friend. Recruiting buys you a lot but it doesn’t mean you’ll separate yourself like Dabo has. He kicked jimbo’s but and made him get out the acc because of it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When you consider Bama’s last recruiting classes of #5, 1,1,1 &1 vs ours

Jan 4, 2019, 6:41 PM

There’s a reason you play the game. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,091
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic