Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting Tidbits, Part 2
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Recruiting Tidbits, Part 2

Dec 13, 2018, 9:38 AM

Not much to add to this week’s recruiting news, but some fairly big news from this morning. Steve Wiltfong, the Director of Recruiting at 247 and probably the most reliable Crystal Ball predictor, submitted his Crystal Ball for 4-star OG Will Putnam...to Clemson. This is huge, as Wiltfong usually does not submit CB’s unless he’s very confident. He cites that his sources have consistently placed Clemson in the conversation to land Putnam, and thinks we’ll seal the deal. Wiltfong had previously Crystal balled Putnam to Auburn.

Also, courtesy of 247, watch out for 3-star RB DJ Williams, out of Florida. Many feel we’ll miss out on Jerrion Ealy to the MLB, and our backup option is Williams. Don’t let the rather low ranking fool you. He’s committed to App State, but has offers from UGA, Bama, and others, and now one from Clemson as of yesterday. Tony Elliott really likes him, as do I. The kid can absolutely ball out, and would be a huge get, maybe just as big as Ealy would have been. Don’t let his 3-star status fool you, he’s as good as any running back in the class

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruiting Tidbits, Part 2

Dec 13, 2018, 9:40 AM

CB for an OL. Are we allowed to recruit OL this year? :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruiting Tidbits, Part 2

Dec 13, 2018, 9:42 AM

Putnam is the only exception

Williams film

Dec 13, 2018, 9:45 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85t6uf9k9gg

Wiltfong's flip CB this morning

Dec 13, 2018, 9:49 AM

For him to flip, SW must know something that'll make us smile.

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/William-Putnam-at-Plant-200837/CurrentExpertPredictions/

Re: Williams film

Dec 13, 2018, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Williams film ]

I love him. He’s powerful, explosive, and fast. Another Etienne/Dixon type diamond in the rough

Dec 13, 2018, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Williams film ]

So he operates out of an an almost exclusive Wildcat system ? That was a short snippet so I am confused. Is he also their QB ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 13, 2018, 12:27 PM

Yes, he played QB this year but is projected as a RB. He's also the nephew of Edgerrin James.

reminds me of Reggie Merriweather***

Dec 13, 2018, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Williams film ]

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Great news with Putnam, I'll add...

Dec 13, 2018, 10:01 AM

That is appears we've moved on from Cooper Dawson. Jimmy Fritzsche is taking an unofficial where I'm assuming the coaches will probably throw out an offer. He's 6'6 255 and his dad played for Purdue and then the NFL for 1 season. Seems like a long term project, but the guys on TI think he is a better prospect than Dawson, so there's that.

Thinking Williams doesn’t have a commitable offer

Dec 13, 2018, 12:16 PM

from Bama or UGA.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thinking Williams doesn’t have a commitable offer

Dec 13, 2018, 12:38 PM

Yet he has visits planned to both.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic