Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting Snapshot '18 Post-(early)Christmas
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 3,260

Recruiting Snapshot '18 Post-(early)Christmas

Dec 21, 2017, 2:10 PM

First off, what an amazing way to end a year that saw Clemson win it's second national title. Some dominoes have fallen and we have a little clearer view of our 2018 class. I'll try my best to highlight the remaining targets for 2018, although there is still a long way to go and a lot we do not know. A lot is going to change over the next month, but it is nice that there is only really 1 "need" left in this class (1 CB).

Offensive Targets:
For offense, it looks like we will look to sign 1 more WR and 1 more OT only if we get our top guys. I don't expect the staff to take any other WR. OL is a little more open, but we probably only have a spot if Hyatt declares.
- Justyn Ross - 5* WR from Alabama. Down to us, Bama and Auburn. We likely lead, but might go all the way to signing day.
- Richard Gouraige - high 4* OT from FL. Committed to Florida, but Auburn and Clemson are pushing for the flip. If he takes an OV to either place, it is possible.
- Nicholas Petit-Frere - 5* OT from FL. Has talked about taking an official to Clemson, but nothing has materialized in a long time. We will see if anything comes of this. ND, Bama and Florida are his likely top 3, but this one is still wide open.
- William Barnes - high 4* OT from FL. Clemson has offered but Florida likely leads. We will see if the staff pushes here.

Defensive Targets:
For defense, we still need to take at least 1 more CB and we might take 2 depending on attrition.
- Brendan Radley-Hiles aka "Bookie" - high 4* CB from NV, now at IMG in FL (height keeping him from 5*). Down to us, Florida, Oklahoma and UCLA. Oklahoma the likely destination on Jan 6.
- Patrick Surtain Jr - 5* CB from FL. Down to us, Bama, Florida, LSU, OSU and FSU. LSU is the public and industry favorite. Would take a miracle for Clemson to land him. Might not even get an official.
- Tyson Campbell - 5* CB from FL. Down to Alabama, Florida, Miami, UGA, OSU, LSU and Clemson. We might be able to sneak back in if we an get an official visit in January. Miami is the leader.
- Matthew Hill - High 4* WR/S from GA. Committed to Auburn (as WR), Clemson recruiting as a S. Considering an official to Clemson in January. That visit will tell a lot.
- Nigel Bethel Jr - low 3* CB from FL. Recently decommitted from Florida. Clemson has offered but not applied the press yet. Nigel is not highly ranked, but has elite speed and cover skills. I'd expect him to be a developmental CB that would contribute his JR/SR years.
-Leon O'Neal Jr - high 4* S from Texas. Was an A&M commit. Oklahoma likely leads but we do have a small possibility if we can get an official. Clemson, A&M and Georgia also make up his top 4.

Summary:
My best guess would have us ending up with Ross and one of the elite DB's. I think Bookie is the CB we feel the best with, but many in the industry say we are behind Oklahoma. I think we have a pretty good shot at Campbell and Hill if we can get either on campus for an official. I've got a feeling that now that Dabo and Co. can focus solely on the few remaining targets, they might be able to reel in another whale. My guess and hope would be Campbell. I don't think we will take another OT this cycle unless Hyatt declares early. I do think we will find a developmental CB (like Bethel) so we can take 2 more DB's this cycle.

Landing Ross and 2 DB's would put us at 18 commits and easily in the top 5 for quality of commits. Anything else is just icing.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Disclaimer: I am not a recruiting expert or insider. I am just an observer and recruiting follower.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Recruiting Snapshot '18 Post-(early)Christmas

Dec 21, 2017, 2:16 PM

Sounds reasonable.
Thanks for sharing.
Go Tigers!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 3,260
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic