Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting Services low rankings of Deshaun Watson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Recruiting Services low rankings of Deshaun Watson

Feb 1, 2014, 10:58 AM

When thinking about how each recruiting service has ranked Deshaun Watson, just know that Deshaun ranks #1 in total points scored (1302) & #8 in total yards passing (13077). These are ALL TIME records in the 92 years high school football records have been kept. (They don't have total rushing yards by a QB (4057).

Suspect ESPN, Rivals, 247Sports & Scout don't even have a clue. You would think Rivals would rank him a little better than #31, 247Sport #81st & Rivals #84 in 2014 class.

Deshaun Watson

Total yrds passing #8 13077 .644 13.927 155 TD
Total yrds rushing 4057 6.57 59 TD
Total yrds receiving 22 3 TD
Total yards 17156 Total TD 217 TD
------------------------------------------------
Passing Records
18932 Maty Mauk OH (Kenton), 2008-11
17364 Ben Mauk OH (Kenton), 1999-2002
15593 Chris Leak NC (Charlotte Independence), 1999-2002
14457 J.R. House WV (Nitro), 1995-98
13902 Brock Berlin LA (Shreveport Evangel Christian), 1997-99
13711 Stefan Loucks AR (Little Rock Pulaski Academy), 2003-06
13201 Rhett Lashlee AR (Springdale Shiloh Christian), 1998-2001
13077 D. Watson GA (Gainesville HS)
------------------------------------------------

Total points Deshaun Watson #1 1302
Points Records
1246 Michael Hart NY (Nedrow Onondaga), 2000-03
1232 Johnathan Gray TX (Aledo), 2008-11
1076 T.A. McLendon NC (Albemarle), 1999-2001

http://www.nfhs.org/recordbook/Records.aspx?CategoryId=1

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruiting Services low rankings of Deshaun Watson

Feb 1, 2014, 11:04 AM

Lots of these guys base there ranking how qb perfrom at the elite 11. The camp mainly is just a show of arm talent and footwork more of what the nfl kinda looks for. If you really look at it waston has a lot more potenial to be a better college qb than pro.

He had a bad camp (Elite 11)...

Feb 1, 2014, 11:09 AM

and that is enough for some of these services to knock him down. I think a #31 by Rivals puts him in some pretty rare air.
As long as there is a Paw on his helmet, I'm not concerned with the number by his name.

This is a good example of when the "trust your coaches"

Feb 1, 2014, 11:30 AM

thing actually applies. Personally, I enjoy the recruiting rankings and the info they provide. Having said that, Watson was evaluated and hand picked very early on by Dabo and Chad. In no way did we have to "settle" for Watson due to lack of interest from other QBs, nor was he a last-minute offer after our top prospects backed off. He was it. So, if you trust the judgement of Dabo/Chad, then you can sleep soundly knowing that Watson is the guy for us. On the other hand, you can worry about it to the degree you trust the recruiting rankings over Dabo/Chad.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

ESPN has him as the #1 Dual Threat QB and refer to him as

Feb 1, 2014, 11:42 AM

"the #1 QB prospect in the nation" per Luginbill who's in charge of their recruiting analysis. I do see your consternation with his overall ranking within the class but I think that's an attempt to gauge immediate impact. No one really knows, not even the the Clemson staff. Spring practice will be interesting. Unless there is an absolute domination which I seriously doubt, I think a RS year to prep and adjust would be the best thing for Watson. That said, I'm confident that the staff knows what's best.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DW has hurt his ranking by committing to Clemson early

Feb 1, 2014, 12:00 PM

I say that as a joke, but I can guarantee you that if he was uncommitted and undecided...there would be big time programs banging on the door. The amount of interest would probably help give him even more recognition and possibly bump him up a little.

Don't worry, I have him ranked #1 (and so does Dabo)***

Feb 1, 2014, 12:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last game in which he got hurt and lost had to be big

Feb 1, 2014, 1:46 PM

factor - sad but true!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2014, 2:09 PM

You should know by now that when a 5 star recruit picks Clemson he immediately loses a star or two, not sure why there is so much bias against us, but it happens all the time.

It's not surprising that the two that have him the lowest...

Feb 1, 2014, 2:36 PM

Rivals and 24/7 are the biggest SEC homers out there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deshaun Watson

Feb 1, 2014, 2:40 PM

Pretty sure hes the highest rated QB we've ever had.
And pretty sure, we've never, neverrrrr had anyone like
him.

Glad hes a TIGER.

This kid is a stud plain and simple

Feb 1, 2014, 3:24 PM

There is not a single recruit I would trade him for. And Tennessee would probably give us ten recruits for him.

Re: This kid is a stud plain and simple

Feb 1, 2014, 3:47 PM

Not so sure Tennessee would give up ten recruits. Think about it, that would leave them with only about 45 in this class. Let's not get crazy now! ;)

Scout and 247's rankings are ridiculous...

Feb 1, 2014, 3:35 PM

While I don't agree, I can atleast respect ESPN and Rivals rankings. ESPN actually has him rated higher than Winston was 2 years ago.

Feb 1, 2014, 3:45 PM

If Watson would have been committed to a high ranking sec brother hood, FSU, Oregon, or other traditional power rank schools. Watson would have been ranked in the low 20s with all three services. The only reason ( I do believe this ) Watson isn't a 5***** QB recruit is b/c he committed to Clemson so early in his recruitment. And yes I do believe the reason that these ranking services frown on Clemson is b/c, Clemson is a small school that has traditionally competed with the bigger traditions athletically, academically, in facilities, and in recruiting. But we/Clemson has terribly under achieved after the Danny Ford years. But, they will all get back on our side again if Dabo can keep our FB program moving forward. As long as there is no more of that beat LSU today, and lose to a wake type team next week. Football just isn't a game that is judged on how well you can seesaw. Its a game of how well you can climb to the top and hang around up there with the other half dozen or so teams. Just like Dabo has already stated, we will be an Elite team when we can hang out in the top 10 consistently where we can at least compete for a championship. And there is no way we can do that by the way of the seesaw!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watson uncommitted, Bama, AU, UGA, ND, UT, USC, THE OSU

Feb 1, 2014, 4:11 PM

All loathing over this kid and each of their program's fans refreshing their pages every other second to see if if he's a little bit closer t committing to their team, and I can guarantee you this kid would be a consensus no. 1 QB by all recruiting websites. However, with him being firmly committed to Clemson for more than one year, it did their websites no service by having him (honestly) ranked as the top QB in the country.

Much more profitable to have an uncommitted average Joe recruited by most of the major programs and ranked in the top 2-3 by all recruiting services.

That's not Clemson homerism, that's real life business.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic