Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting Class of 2009.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Recruiting Class of 2009.

Sep 24, 2012, 9:41 AM

The recruiting class of 2009 is haunting Clemson.
Twelve players overall were signed, seven on defense and five on offense.
Dabo hired Kevin Steele as DC to replace Koening. That turned out to be a bad hire.
Clemson is fairly young on defense and there is not much senior leadership.
Don't throw Venables under the train for something he did not create.
Venables has the experience to make something out of the defense.
Unfortunately it may be next season before that happens. Give the man a chance.
All these folks who are complaining about Venables already, before he even has a chance, are quite frankly just as stupid as most of those Gamecocks we so greatly despise.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/commitments/2009/clemson-1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait just a minute. Out of those 12, 10 are big

Sep 24, 2012, 9:48 AM

contributors. How many contributors would you normally expect out of any class? JK Jay would have been a huge help. I still hate like ###### his career was cut short. Bryce was the only real miss if you want to call him a miss. So, ten guys are solid players. I wonder how many more we'd get from any class of any size.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Wait just a minute. Out of those 12, 10 are big

Sep 24, 2012, 10:12 AM

I don't know about "big contributors" but they have all been sufficient.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good point

Sep 24, 2012, 10:18 AM

I think we need more depth, if we are going to run the up tempo offense as well.

Re: Wait just a minute. Out of those 12, 10 are big

Sep 24, 2012, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Wait just a minute. Out of those 12, 10 are big ]

I would call being in the two-deep a big contributor. All ten are either starting or second team. That's not a bad number, IMO.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Some names from Recruiting Classes--Where are they

Sep 24, 2012, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Wait just a minute. Out of those 12, 10 are big ]

Just wondering where the following players were. Guys we recruited who arent Tigers according to the Roster on Tigernet.

2010 Class--Desomond Brown

2009 Class--Spencer Adams, Daniel Andrews, Carlton Lewis

I just started following the whole Recruiting/Roster thing a little Better, just wondering what happened to these DB's we recruited

You are correct...and I think the Steele hire was the bigger

Sep 24, 2012, 9:49 AM

contributor to our defensive struggles. If BV can get our D to a respectable level this year he will have done a helluva coaching job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruiting Class of 2009.

Sep 24, 2012, 9:50 AM

Venables coached a defense on 7 Big 12 championship teams, a National Championship team, and I believe another team that played for a national championship.

Not to mention the number of defensive All-Americans on his defenses. The man can coach, give him time people.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2012, 10:28 AM

I don't think any rational Tiger fan is blaming BV. It will take 3 years for him to get the players he needs to have an effective defense.

If Adams comes on board witk RK, Pagano, etc.

Sep 24, 2012, 10:50 AM

then he will have a defensive line for 3 years at the minimum that should be dominant.

I also fully expect Anthony, Steward, Parker, Townsend, etc. to be able to play up to their potential with a stronger line.

Secondary still worries me though. Although Blanks will move to a safety, hopefully Cortez will be at a corner/safety. We will have Breeland back, and hopefully Jenkins recovers from this injury.

Next year will be improved, and hopefully if Anthony/Steward stay on in two years the defense will be dirty.

That all being said, we need to make some changes this year and find out some way to salvage this defense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2012, 11:03 AM

Any time you have a class that small, eventually it bites you in the ####!! We will be fine and Venables is a great addition to the Staff.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic