Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: Upstate TE getting attention from schools
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,885

Recruit Update: Upstate TE getting attention from schools

Feb 10, 2011, 9:52 PM

Upstate TE getting attention from schools

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He also has other offers as well- Wake Forest, Duke, South

Feb 10, 2011, 10:11 PM

Carolina, North Carolina, NC State, etc..

Hanna TE has USC offer
By Eric Guimaraes

TE Justin Meredith (6-5 220) of T.L. Hanna has offers from USC, North Carolina, NC State, Wake Forest, Duke, and Cincinatti, according to his coach, Kenya Fouch. He is also hearing from several other schools. "He is an exceptional player," said Fouch. "He puts in the work. He's the strongest kid on our team and he is always preparing for tomorrow." Meredith has been on unofficial visits to North Carolina and NC State and is planning to go to Florida on February 19th. "He's been on USC's campus a couple of times and camped there so there he is familiar with the school," said Fouch. "He is going to visit some places he has never been." Fouch says that though Meredith does not have any favorites, USC is intriguing. "This is just me talking but, from what I've heard him say, he likes the way they use the tight end poisiton," he said. Meredith had 24 receptions and three touchdowns as a junior totaling nearly 600 yards receiving. He had 26 catches in his sophomore campaign

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20110210/PSPORTS02/110219988/-1/PSPORTS

Re: Recruit Update: Upstate TE getting attention from schools

Feb 10, 2011, 11:04 PM

This young man is a player. He runs much better than most kids his height, and he is a very agressive blocker. He is the best TE prospect I remember seeing in a long time, and TE is a weapon that is not used nearly enough at Clemson. I hope he is a Tiger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Um so why is this kid favoring USC? after being a clemson

Feb 11, 2011, 2:10 AM

fan his whole life, is he seriously considering being a coot? I mean come on. If the coots steal this one from our own breeding grounds and backyard I will be seriously disappointed

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the article sounds like we have not offered***

Feb 11, 2011, 8:36 AM

Feb 11, 2011, 7:29 AM

Justin is an excellent tight end, but his stats don't show how dominating he could be... if they actually threw the ball to him. He is a great blocker, has good hands and good speed for his size and yet he only avgs 2 catches/game. We will see in the fall whether or not Hanna learns how to take advantage of his skill set. He was a mismatch against every DB that he was lined up with last season and the only time he was truly stopped was when he was used as nothing more than a decoy.
As for where he ends up, hopefully he will be a Tiger but I wouldn't be shocked to see him out of state.

Sounds like faster/stronger Mike Palmer

Feb 11, 2011, 9:42 AM

Maybe he will find our new offense intriguing also-coach Morris will go after him if he feels like he is a good fit for his offense

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2011, 11:32 AM

A reciver that blocks and catches.

Feb 11, 2011, 4:40 PM

WOW!!!!!!!! Cannot understand why we have not offered this kid. What is Clemson's problem? This guy is in our back yard and we are going to take a chance and let USC or Florida come in here and get him. We don't offer him but we will offer some 5'10", 170lbs slow kid. According to rivals we signed 4 of them for 2011. If I was him and Clemson came a calling, I would ask them where have you been and then tell them thanks but no thanks. These other 8-9 schools thought better of me before you did.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,885
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic