Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: Roderick Byers Talks about Oregon and Clowney
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 4,140

Recruit Update: Roderick Byers Talks about Oregon and Clowney

Jan 29, 2011, 10:20 PM

Roderick Byers Talks about Oregon and Clowney

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wow...

Jan 29, 2011, 10:24 PM

all due respect to the young man, but to not be in the shadow of Clowney seems like a real defeatist attitude. Work your butt off and beat him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: wow...

Jan 29, 2011, 10:46 PM

You misunderstood what he wrote...he asked the question that many had asked...ended with a question mark...then he answered why oregon, insinuating that it had nothing to do with Clowney but more what God led him to do...just to clarify

okay, fair enough...

Jan 29, 2011, 10:57 PM

it's definitely not Bill Shakespeare.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: okay, fair enough...

Jan 30, 2011, 12:33 AM

and you've seen their cheerleaders, right? Vaya con dios Sr. Byers.

Message was edited by: wildblulou®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: okay, fair enough...

Jan 30, 2011, 9:39 AM

I understand, but I hope he realizes he won't see his family of friends very much due to the distance. That may not mean much right now, but it will, and it will be too late. Think of it. How many games will they get to see? Pretty huge decision, but if he feels God led him to it, okay. God likes Clemson, too, though. I'm sure of that, as we all have been mighty blessed for having attended.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruit Update: Roderick Byers Talks about Oregon and Clowney

Jan 29, 2011, 10:25 PM

Good for him, I wish him well.......

Jan 29, 2011, 10:27 PM

Very level head on his shoulders. He will be a great football player for some team wish him the best too.

Jan 30, 2011, 9:14 AM

Does the NCAA allow university to provide round trip transportation for student athletes at least once per semester?

If that is so, I would expect University of Hawaii to dominate recruiting in the Cleveland and Buffalo area.

Jan 30, 2011, 9:40 AM

I don't think so. It would be nice, though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2011, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: Roderick Byers Talks about Oregon and Clowney ]

I did a 5 minute google check and am now 95% sure that the university can not subsidize normal travel from home to school. So in the course of his college education, Mr. Byers will be on the hook for at least 8 round trips @ $500/each (bags don't fly free) to get to Portland + ground travel about 90 miles Portland to Eugene.

I know that there are numerous examples of successful trans continental basketball players. Elden Campbell is from Compton, Trajan Langdon from Alaska, Hansbrough, etc.

I do not anticipate it being a frequent occurence to lose football talent to west coast.

i say offer him regardless of what happens...he will likely

Jan 30, 2011, 11:01 AM

end up at DT..and w/ Thompson/Moore leaving after this year we will be screwed...this guy is very underrated and would be a great pickup...especially if Dodd doesn't make it in this first year, we dont get Dukes, thatll leave us with Shatley, Deshaun williams, and Jerome Maybank(which i'm still scratching my head about)

He might as well move to a foreign country

Jan 30, 2011, 12:47 PM

that is what it will feel like in Oregon.

Come to Clemson young man.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nice to hear that attitude. sick of "shock the world" types***

Jan 30, 2011, 3:25 PM

Replies: 13
| visibility 4,140
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic