Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: Javarius Leamon signs with SC State
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Recruit Update: Javarius Leamon signs with SC State

Feb 1, 2012, 5:58 PM

Javarius Leamon signs with SC State

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's kinda weird...***

Feb 1, 2012, 6:00 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's kinda weird...***

Feb 1, 2012, 6:51 PM

That wasn't the smartest thing he could have done for a career in the NFL. I really hope that things work out for him well at SCST. The worst thing about cases like this is. It only takes an Average of about 90 minutes a day of after school study to make it through HS with decent grades.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That sucks, cause he is a good one***

Feb 1, 2012, 6:04 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruit Update: Javarius Leamon signs with SC State

Feb 1, 2012, 6:09 PM

Terrible news.

I was pretty psyched when it was posted earlier today that he was going to prep school. In that scenario, he has chance to come to Clemson after a year. Would much prefer that he goes to the Army or prep school and then come to Clemson older, stronger, and smarter.

Feb 1, 2012, 6:16 PM

Personally...I believe a lot of potential recruits don't commit to Clemson 'cause they know we're not going to "pass 'em thru " classes like they were at their high school and also will be at some colleges who have the attitude..."heck this kid will probably go into the NFL draft so we don't have to worry about an engineering major that can't add"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've always been curious - are the requirements published?

Feb 1, 2012, 6:19 PM

I want to look at the academic requirements by school and conference.

SCSU will take anyone who meets minimum NCAA requirements

Feb 1, 2012, 6:29 PM

which is an 820 on the SAT and a 2.0 GPA. In addition, SCSU is much more flexible with the 14 core course requirement and what actually qualifies as a core course requirement.

Interestingly, because of NCAA guidelines, admission to SC State is actually more difficult for student athletes.

SC State practices an open enrollment policy which basically means that if a student simply has a high school diploma or a GED certificate, the are qualified for admission.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Is it the same with the other South Carolina

Feb 1, 2012, 6:37 PM

state university?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

No....

Feb 1, 2012, 6:40 PM

USC Lite has no standards. They will admit literally anyone under 80 and who hasn't been dead more than four days. It's one of the many reason that a diploma from $CU doubles as a handicapped parking plackard.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

LMAO!

Feb 1, 2012, 6:51 PM

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Is it the same with the other South Carolina

Feb 1, 2012, 8:21 PM [ in reply to Is it the same with the other South Carolina ]

No. They have sec requirements, and bare bones minimum is all that is required, and they can get exemptions for a few remedial players and non-qualifiers at that. Clemson won't do that. Heck, we even lost a recruit that we wouldn't take to the uppity UNC who took him with open arms.

Re: SCSU will take anyone who meets minimum NCAA requirements

Feb 1, 2012, 8:15 PM [ in reply to SCSU will take anyone who meets minimum NCAA requirements ]

Man I just spit Mt Dew all over my screen!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2012, 8:05 PM

If only we were the SEC he would have had the grades to play for us

Feb 1, 2012, 8:13 PM

I normally do not make a statement like this unless a kid is dumb enough to commit to the coots, but this was not a smart move for him, no matter what. He would much rather have been attending a prep school than to go this route, and some day when he is pumping gas at a quickie store or digging ditches along side the other usuc graduates, he will say, " man I messed up". I wish him the best, but the odds are stacked against him.

I heard that Leamon was going there because.........

Feb 1, 2012, 9:38 PM

he was going to have to go to prep school just to qualify for a juco. If he could have made it through juco then he could have had a chance at CU. His grades must have been terrible.

but but but clemson won't take a juco ;-)***

Feb 1, 2012, 9:44 PM

But but but some pumper swears kids go to prep school for

Feb 1, 2012, 9:41 PM

a year, why go to a JUCO or non-D1 school. LOL! Guess pumpers aren't the geniuses they think they are.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic