Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: ESPN: Robert Nkemdiche's decision all his
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Recruit Update: ESPN: Robert Nkemdiche's decision all his

Nov 10, 2012, 6:50 AM

ESPN: Robert Nkemdiche's decision all his

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, two things. I didn't see anything that indicated that

Nov 10, 2012, 7:00 AM

the decision was "all his own" in that video, so wondering where the title came from. In fact, the only talk about him favoring Ole Miss was that his mom wants him to play with his brother and that they are going to a game today. No quote from NK about anything.

Re: Well, two things. I didn't see anything that indicated that

Nov 10, 2012, 8:35 AM

I hope he stays away from clemson I think he is a media hog we need talent not problems.

Re: Well, two things. I didn't see anything that indicated that

Nov 10, 2012, 8:56 AM

^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

exactly***

Nov 10, 2012, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Well, two things. I didn't see anything that indicated that ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Recruit Update: ESPN: Robert Nkemdiche's decision all his

Nov 10, 2012, 7:22 AM

AJC, Bleacherreport, Bart Wright, ESPN...why not The National Enquirer

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No news here. Just a twist of words.***

Nov 10, 2012, 7:36 AM

Nov 10, 2012, 7:28 AM

espn.com has the actual text of his comments...honestly I feel LESS inclined that he will end up at Clemson if anything below is accurate. It's really rare to go from the de to re commitment....much better chance when its a last day-hour decision when it's an out of state guy w/ big time family pressure (CJ, T Stew). He could just be covering up for Bev...but perception is everything to this young man, and the family pressure (unlike CJ or Tstew, there was only family-mom pressure, not mom pressure+brother at the other school) will almost certainly push him to Ole Miss, unfortunately.

LOGANVILLE, Ga. -- A day after Loganville (Ga.) Grayson coach Mickey Conn confirmed that Robert Nkemdiche, the nation's No. 1 high school football recruit, had decommitted from Clemson, Nkemdiche discussed his decision for the first time.

Many pointed to his mother, Beverly Nkemdiche, as the driving force in the decision to back away from the pledge he made to Clemson in June, but Robert Nkemdiche said Friday night that wasn't the case.

"Decommitting was not a family thing; it was my decision," said Nkemdiche, a 6-foot-5, 265-pound defensive end. "My parents did not even know. It was just different things about how I was feeling. I felt like decommitting gave me a chance to back up and really pay attention to other schools without people saying I am cheating on Clemson."

The call was made to the Tigers' coaching staff Sunday, with Nkemdiche leaving the door open for a possible recommitment. Alabama, Georgia and Ole Miss are believed to be the only other teams still seriously under consideration, but all signs point toward Ole Miss as the top team now on his list.

"Clemson was surprised, but there was not much they could do," Nkemdiche said. "They just said to keep them in my mind. Of course I am still considering them."

After playing in front of Ole Miss coaches Wesley McGriff and Chris Kiffin on Friday night, Nkemdiche and his parents are headed to Oxford, Miss., to watch Ole Miss host Vanderbilt on Saturday night. Nkemdiche's brother, Denzel, is a freshman linebacker for the Rebels. Beverly Nkemdiche said in the past that she wants her sons to attend the same college, and there is speculation a commitment could come as soon as this weekend.

Robert Nkemdiche said that's not likely.

"As for this weekend, we are going to see my brother and just chill as a family," Nkemdiche said. "I am probably not going to make that decision any time soon. I am not sure I will take all five officials. My decision will most likely come sometime in January or whenever I feel I am ready. I just have to sit back, pray and see how I feel."

Nkemdiche reiterated that his mother will not have the final say in his recruitment. Beverly Nkemdiche is set to return next week to Nigeria, where she works as a legislator in her native state. She'll be back with Robert to watch him play in the Under Armour All-America Game in less than two months.

"This decision will be mostly about me," Robert Nkemdiche said. "People think it is my family and my mom doing everything, but I am still making most of my decisions. I made the decision to decommit on my own, and my commitment will be the same."

Nov 10, 2012, 7:47 AM

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks." Hamlet - William Shakespeare

Nov 10, 2012, 8:54 AM

Has Ole Miss secured the campus for their visit? After the Obama election, there is no telling what could happen down there.

Sorry but I'm calling BS. He decommited because of his mom.

Nov 10, 2012, 8:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: ESPN: Robert Nkemdiche's decision all his ]

And he will commit to Ole Miss/Bama before its all over for his mommy too.

Re: Sorry but I'm calling BS. He decommited because of his mom.

Nov 10, 2012, 7:37 PM

Not even RN can make Ole Miss a good team. Let him go there. He and his brother can lose together, and talk about that the rest of their life....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess we were wrong, his mom didn't even know

Nov 10, 2012, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: ESPN: Robert Nkemdiche's decision all his ]

it was all his decision

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as he ain't going to the coots, I wish him well

Nov 10, 2012, 8:02 AM

I still think we have a chance to land him

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One point is missing....

Nov 10, 2012, 8:42 AM

That's the fact that this Sherman ###### is a member of the ESecPN media, which simply means that they CAN NOT report that a top recruit is going anywhere but an $EC school. RN has repeatedly stated that his favorite is Clemson. Mommy might win out here, but make no mistake, at this point, this is not Robert's decision.

What pisses me off the most about this

Nov 10, 2012, 8:49 AM

is that his mom doesn't respect her son enough to have planned a visit to Clemson for the Virginia Tech game on October 20 to see the school he wanted to go to. It was an open date for Ole Miss and the whole family could have visited. This whole thing doesn't pass the smell test and if you know how corrupt the Nigerian government is then the picture becomes clearer. Clemson is clean, SEC programs are not. Mama wants something Clemson won't give.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If that's the case, I'm glad we're keeping our noses clean***

Nov 10, 2012, 9:44 AM

Nov 10, 2012, 9:05 AM

Would be mor accurate to say MOMMA'S, the AJC and ESECPN'S decision!!!!

Nov 10, 2012, 9:50 AM

I think this quote from the article kind of makes me wonder about D. Hood's "sources" that said this was a mutual decision between RN and Dabo.

"Clemson was surprised, but there was not much they could do," Nkemdiche said. "They just said to keep them in my mind. Of course I am still considering them."

Nov 10, 2012, 1:55 PM

Once again, what matters the most is that we focus on Clemson. It is an Honor to play for the tigers, anyone who gets a chance should feel that way. If they Don't, then get the hell of our team. Let's get some guys who live and die Clemson. I hope this kid comes to CU. He will be a great addition....addition

this video sound like a bunch of...........

Nov 11, 2012, 10:27 AM

S&$t 2 me.

I think Clemson is in good shape w/ Nkemdiche, and theres
no reason to think otherwise.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic