Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: 5-Star recruit focusing on his decision
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,985

Recruit Update: 5-Star recruit focusing on his decision

Jul 18, 2011, 9:06 PM

5-Star recruit focusing on his decision

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruit Update: 5-Star recruit focusing on his decision

Jul 18, 2011, 10:20 PM

I think that he is a must have for Clemson. Not sure how good our chances are with him but he is more important to us that the kid from Rock Hill who became a chicken. Sunday player. Don't let him get away Tigers.

Sounds to me like we've never been his favorite.

Jul 18, 2011, 10:37 PM

I know, he's only a kid and things can change on a dime. I know that Dabo and crew can dang near work miracles when it comes to recruiting. Problem is, it sounds like it's gonna take one to nab this kid, so I'm looking at this as surprise bonus if we get him as opposed to a must-have.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Clemson is not among his favorites IMO

Jul 19, 2011, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: 5-Star recruit focusing on his decision ]

It's going to be Florida, Tennessee or South Carolina.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jul 19, 2011, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: 5-Star recruit focusing on his decision ]

> I think that he is a must have for Clemson. Not sure
> how good our chances are with him but he is more
> important to us that the kid from Rock Hill who
> became a chicken. Sunday player. Don't let him get
> away Tigers.

Sour grapes? Rivals just officially announced Clowney as the recruit of the decade.

Jul 18, 2011, 10:40 PM

he is and was always a coot; if not coot then SEC; he did not give us even a sniff!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2011, 7:53 AM

He's a gator.

I'd put the chances like this:

UF - 80%

TN/SCar - 20%

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Jul 19, 2011, 9:26 AM

We don't seem like a real contender here, but if we can get him and his famiily on campus, and they see what we have to offer, and the atmosphere he will be in at Clemson, we always have a chance. If quality education, an environment that stresses academic achievement and coaches who have charactter are important to them at all, while still having a great opportunity to play on Sundays, we have a chance. If he chooses the coots, his judjement is very poor, as they probably will be under some sort of sanctions soon, and stevie soon will be gone. That plus the fact that usuc has a very, very poor reputation make it a very poor choice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2011, 9:51 AM

There's no time to get him and his family in for an official before he announces. That's the reason we don't have a chance with him. Whenever he put out his top five, he said they were listed in order of preference. That put SCar 4th and us 5th. He's a gator lock.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2011, 11:15 AM

That is much better than seeing him as coot, but he cheated himself by not giving us a good look. His decision, though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2011, 11:16 AM

Couldn't agree more on every count.

Re:DJ has been to Clemson before.***

Jul 19, 2011, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: 5-Star recruit focusing on his decision ]

Jul 19, 2011, 8:49 PM

Looked like a UF lock for the longest time but now it sounds like the Vols lead, if true Dooley has just turned in one of the best recruiting jobs ever.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,985
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic