Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recent indictment shows SC was targeted
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 436

Recent indictment shows SC was targeted

Sep 15, 2020, 11:11 AM

Surprised they didn't mention TNET and the P&R board.

If any of y'all applied for a job with a guy named Adam Lishvits, well....you might have wondered what that was all about.

Also, there's more pub on the Clemson profs website spotthetroll.org, highly recommend you share it with your gullible aunties and uncles, if they aren't already lost to Qanon.

https://www.postandcourier.com/news/foreign-trolls-are-trying-to-sway-sc-voters-2-clemson-profs-made-a-new-game/article_935aad74-f446-11ea-b915-230ffee20ae7.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Calling it "influencing elections" helps them as much as

Sep 15, 2020, 12:04 PM

anything they directly do, a phrase the media uses to create the exact kind of division several countries are trying to create. Elections may be the pool in which these people swim, but the aim is general division and lack of confidence in both ourselves and our institutions. We won't really address this until we start calling it that, rather than dressing it up in a fake accusation of collusion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course, it's ALWAYS "the Russians".... Naivety abounds.***

Sep 15, 2020, 12:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Waitwaitwait a second.......

Sep 15, 2020, 12:09 PM

I thought the whole Russian collusion narrative meant that Russia supported Trump and pubs over Dems.

Honestly, I don't think they give a rats ### about our politics. All they want to do is seed discontent by supporting the extremes. The AOC's and the Trumps of the world. The Bernies and Pelosi's over the rational dems. The far right wing pubs over stabpubs. Whatever it takes to enhance the extremes are what they support.

Promise that is their game plan. It's not ideological at all. It's pure and simple seeding discontent and extremism. They know eventually the system collapses, and they're playing long ball here. They support Bernie over Biden, and Trump over Cruz, over Graham. I'm more than certain they are supporting networks like Newsmax and OAN over Fox News. MSNBC over whatever. Divide and conquer. Very simple, and they're obviously effective at it.

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"They" are very affective at blaming "the Russians"....***

Sep 15, 2020, 12:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Information Warfare is a cheap and effective tool

Sep 15, 2020, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Waitwaitwait a second....... ]

This indictments spell it out clearly, shows how they are attempting to use ALL the hot-button issues of the day to divide Americans in general, especially anything having to do with Police, Racial Strife, etc.

In short, they are attempting to be the classic shyatt-stirrers.

I read both the Secret Service and FBI indictments and it connects the dots between the oligarch aka "Putin's Chef" and these foreign agents who were impersonating US citizens in order to troll everyone online to disrupt not only our elections but all of our institutions.

I'm sure the line will be, "yeah, but we do the same thing over there, so....". Be that as it may, ust remember who the good guys are......it is definitely not them.

here's a couple of examples

Sep 15, 2020, 1:11 PM

see attached

Re: here's a couple of examples

Sep 15, 2020, 1:17 PM

Re: here's a couple of examples

Sep 15, 2020, 2:31 PM

He is connecting dots again and mostly has an anonymous source.

Heard an ad yesterday that they are giving newsmax away for

Sep 15, 2020, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Waitwaitwait a second....... ]

free now, but NOT advertising the hard right lean. Literally just advertising that if you are tired of paying for access to news channels you can get Newsmax completely free. There was a number you had to call and I would have to think they have to be giving away a vehicle for access as well.

It is not hard at all to see how that could be supported by Russian interests.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just looked it up and realized its an app

Sep 15, 2020, 4:58 PM

but this sounded like you could get it on tv for free.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You misspelled his name

Sep 15, 2020, 12:13 PM

it is totally effective

Sep 15, 2020, 12:55 PM

people have already been shown to have been influenced.

I would argue that the BLM movmement and white nationalism have both gained influence directly as a result of these propagandists.

Americans are too dang gullible and have a propensity to succumb to the messaging.

The indictment spells it out.

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/postandcourier.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/f/b2/fb23f69c-f688-11ea-b452-2faa8e989b05/5f5f67acdabdd.pdf.pdf

Solution

Sep 15, 2020, 1:09 PM

Re: Solution

Sep 15, 2020, 4:52 PM

That's what I proposed last week to Obed on the thread about why so many people seem to be locked in to their ideology.

If we had a social media blackout, we'd probably all get along better and get more done. It is probably just as bad of a disease as covid19.

56% of US citizens over 65 are on Facebook.
81% of adults in America have Facebook accounts.
71% of Americans use Facebook as a whole.

Re: You misspelled his name

Sep 15, 2020, 1:02 PM [ in reply to You misspelled his name ]

I am concerned that they are working with CNN. That would be all you need to know.

shouldnt they be targeting WI, MN, MI, PA, AZ, NV

Sep 15, 2020, 2:26 PM

why SC??? not to smart

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: shouldnt they be targeting WI, MN, MI, PA, AZ, NV

Sep 15, 2020, 2:28 PM

Don't let facts get in the way of their story now.

Stupid Russians. They don't even know the right morons

Sep 15, 2020, 5:06 PM [ in reply to shouldnt they be targeting WI, MN, MI, PA, AZ, NV ]

to target with their propaganda...

And by "morons", of course I mean "easily manipulated rubes".

Re: Recent indictment shows SC was targeted

Sep 16, 2020, 8:24 AM

People in the US don't think about or appreciate the fact that Russia, China, etc. have leaders and policies that stay in place for decades or generations.

There are some very smart people within those countries. If the leaders make the "right" decisions, long-term, subtle pokes at the USA can indeed have a large effect over time.

Re: Recent indictment shows SC was targeted

Sep 16, 2020, 8:55 AM

Is that like poking a bear with a hot stick?

Replies: 20
| visibility 436
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic