Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reasons we win vs Reasons we lose. (Arguing with myself.)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,084

Reasons we win vs Reasons we lose. (Arguing with myself.)

Jan 13, 2020, 4:10 PM

Reason we LOSE (Loser CSO)

Like baseball when pitchers are in the zone... there is nothing you can do. Well, if a QB does live up to the hype and plays perfect, even an awesome defense can't stop him. Burrow is capable of a perfect game.

Counter-point: (from winner CSO)

Burrow is human. He could have an off game. Also, I remember last year Alabama had very similar hype. People were saying it was the best offense ever in the universe. And we handled our business.

Loser CSO:

Yeah but that is when we had one of the greatest D-lines of all time. We absolutely do not have that this year. Yeah they have been very good but an elite Dline makes a HUGE difference against big lines.

Winner CSO: That's what you said (to a lesser extent) about not having Lawrence on the DT last year.

Loser: Ok fine, but that was one guy. Plus we had Huggins who was All-conference good.

Winner: Ok so our DL is nowhere near as good, but they got the job done against OSU. Venables is a genius at turning strengths in to weaknesses. It's like poker with that guy. His hand is less important than his brain.

Loser: Hyperbolic, but I get the point. I guess I'm saying if you have an elite line, then whatever gameplan you come up with is going to be much more effective. Either way, our safeties get turned around from time to time too.

WInner: same safeties that beat Bama last year AND OSU a couple weeks ago.

Loser: We both know we got luck with that Turner INT. Had Olave (or whoever) not cut that route off odds are that throw wins the game. He was a HUGE mismatch with Nolan Turner. The INT at the int sorta threw dirt on that fact.

Winner: Ok yeah, but Venables will use our perceived weaknesses to bait them.

Loser: We are not playing against the CPU. LSU has some serious brains too. If we COUNT on them being foolwd to compensate for match-ups, that's not a recipe for a win. It's a prayer.

Winner: Point taken, but we have horses on D too. We have plenty enough skill in the backfield to keep them from leaning too heavily on match-ups. It will matter some, but they are not going to be able to pick on anyone consistently. Nolan Turner plays smart. And Venables knows the deal. It's definitely a key of the game, but it's not that big of a deal. Even if they abuse that matchup a couple of times, we have an offense that can score on their defense.

Loser: Oh totally, but we both know that our offense can randomly sputter from time to time. Ohio State has a better defense than LSU, but OSU may have shut the door on Clemson for good had they not done that targeting. That game was scary and it took some help for us to get that W. Our hate for OSU's whiney ### fans shouldn't obscure that truth.

Winner: Finding a way to win is more important than each individual element of the game. We do not rely on THIS or THAT to win. We are a friggin swiss army knife. We adjust. You can't decapitate a hydra. We will find a way to score.

Loser: The question is though, will LSU score more? I think their passing game is a big problem for Clemson. We know what it takes to get pressure on QBs. Not amazing individual efforts, but overloading and confusing schemes. Burrow is a MASTER at moving around in the pocket. BETTER than Fields, and WAY better than nearly any of the other QB's Clemson has faced this year.

winner: We will sack Burrow. There is no way around it. There are some blitz/rush packages that you simply can't move away from. Burrow will not have as much time against us as he did against Oklahoma. Bank on that.

Loser: We need to go back to work

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now, for our O vs. their D... ***

Jan 13, 2020, 4:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow. I don't think I could live in your head.

Jan 13, 2020, 4:21 PM

...but I have had similar thoughts on nearly every point.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's difficult. ***

Jan 13, 2020, 4:24 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reasons we win vs Reasons we lose. (Arguing with myself.)

Jan 13, 2020, 4:23 PM

Dang. I've got a headache after reading this.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,084
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic