Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reasons from Doug Lesmerises for our AP #1 Vote...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 2,250

Reasons from Doug Lesmerises for our AP #1 Vote...

Oct 11, 2015, 3:37 PM

Here is the published reasons in my local Cleveland Plain Dealer newspaper/online at Cleveland.com why Ohio State beat reporter Doug Lesmerises voted us #1 this week. I have had a few back and forths with him over the years especially during the previous Orange Bowl between OSU and Clemson about our teams. His AP vote is usually based upon the whole "What have you done lately/all season" and not based upon the past biases.

So here it goes from him:

After giving up and putting Ohio State No. 1 a week ago because I couldn't find a No. 1 team I really believed in, I moved Clemson to my top spot this week. Their best win over Notre Dame was tight, and a Thursday night win at Louisville wasn't easy, but as the Tigers dominated Georgia Tech on Saturday, I thought they established a top spot case. It's a thin one, and I understand all the first-place votes, from Utah (who I think it getting a little overrated but is still a team I placed second) to Baylor and TCU and their soft Big 12 schedules to LSU and Texas A&M in the SEC.

Let's hope he keeps voting us on top and the other voters can equal his visions!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reasons from Doug Lesmerises for our AP #1 Vote...

Oct 11, 2015, 4:50 PM

It's rare to see an unbiased writer in Buckeye country. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bit of trivia: longtime Clemson alumnus and VP for

Oct 11, 2015, 8:10 PM

Development, Wright Bryan, was a former Editor-in-Chief of the "Cleveland Plain Dealer."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 2,250
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic