Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting break down from a former official...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,865

Interesting break down from a former official...

Jan 13, 2017, 1:11 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/5nodej/my_thoughts_on_some_of_the_major_calls_in_the_cfp/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Really good stuff ...

Jan 13, 2017, 1:21 PM

Thank you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

most interesting tidbit I learned....

Jan 13, 2017, 1:32 PM

the onside kick rule.

"If Clemson had touched the ball before it went 10 yards, that would be illegal touching and Alabama would get the ball at that spot. Since there was still 1 second on the clock, Alabama would get to run a play from the spot of illegal touching. Had time expired after the illegal touching, the game would be over. Illegal touching is a violation, not a foul, so it does not qualify for an untimed down."

This tells me that they could have just started swatting the ball around, and the clock would have started. You could potentially run quite a few seconds off the clock, and as long as you get to 00:00, the game would end no matter what you did.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: most interesting tidbit I learned....

Jan 13, 2017, 1:38 PM

He expanded on that a little bit further... As long as it cross the 10 yard mark yes we could have just swatted it.

If we would have hit it before 10 yards then the clock would never have started and bama would have gotten the ball at the point of the touch with 1 second on the clock.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Then why did it say, "Had time expired after the illegal

Jan 13, 2017, 1:43 PM

touching, the game would be over".

That had me confused.

How could time expire after the illegal touching if the clock didn't even start?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

The ball would have to be touched by the receiving team

Jan 13, 2017, 1:52 PM

after the illegal touch in order for the clock to start, was the way I understood it. If we touched it illegally and then recovered it past 10 yards, it would not have started. If we touch it illegally and then they touch it, the clock would have started.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, I don't think so

Jan 13, 2017, 2:00 PM

I believe we could have illegally touched it first, as long as we then touched it legally a second time.

ANY legal touch would've started the clock, even if it was us touching it after our initial illegal touch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

think that's right. Had we touched it illegally and then

Jan 13, 2017, 2:12 PM

recovered it like we did, the clock would not have started.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is true.

Jan 13, 2017, 2:26 PM

AHd we touched it illegally and then touched it after it went 10 yards (and not just fallen on it) THEN the clock would've run out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellent analysis

Jan 13, 2017, 1:37 PM

Thanks for the link!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Williams being defensless wasn't the issue.

Jan 13, 2017, 1:50 PM

It was his leading with the crown of his helmet (which ESPN said he didn't. They said he hit with the side of his helmet.)

Re: Interesting break down from a former official...

Jan 13, 2017, 2:07 PM

Good stuff, but absurd that the official indicates when the Alabama player hit Renfrow after the game winning catch and knocked the ball loose it would have ruled a not catch. Renfrow took 3 steps and possesed the ball with no bobbles. Then why not hit a player anytime he catches it and possesses the ball and takes steps. Nothing to lose?

Yeah, I don't understand that...

Jan 13, 2017, 2:53 PM

He caught the ball IN THE ENDZONE with both feet in bounds and possessed it. You don't have to hold the ball until you're down; he's IN THE ENDZONE with a CLEAN CATCH; that's POSSESSION. As Todd Ellis often says - "TOUCHDOWN CLEMSON".

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

someone post this on FGF!***

Jan 13, 2017, 2:08 PM

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,865
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic