Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Bourret Stat on Top 10 opponents
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Football Update: Bourret Stat on Top 10 opponents

Dec 10, 2013, 3:31 PM

Bourret Stat on Top 10 opponents

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow we play a weak schedule.***

Dec 10, 2013, 3:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow we play a weak schedule.***

Dec 10, 2013, 3:52 PM

And Clemson might be the only team to win 7 conference games against teams with a combined record of 36 wins and 48 loses.

pop quiz

Dec 10, 2013, 4:05 PM

what are the combined records of tennessee, kentucky, miss st., florida, and arkansas? ouch. Truth hurts buddy. Charleston Southern beat the team that represented your division in the BCS last year, let's not forget that representation when they got beat down by Louisville...

You can beat your SEC drum all day- but it doesn't change the fact that the SEC East has been dead for quite awhile now, and the best team your division had to offer this year (I don't care what team went to Atlanta b/c of a fluke tipped pass, UGAy was y'alls best yet again) got sent home with an L when they came to Clemson for the first game of the season.

Re: pop quiz

Dec 10, 2013, 4:14 PM

USC beat 6 bowl bound teams, Clemson beat 4 bowl bound teams...
3 of the bowl teams,USC beat, won 10 or more games

Re: pop quiz

Dec 10, 2013, 4:25 PM

oh, I left out the powerhouse Syracuse at 6-6 so that makes 5 bowl teams Clemson beat, by the way, those 5 bowl teams have a 35-25 win-loss record

UGA, UT.***

Dec 10, 2013, 11:03 PM

Don't confuse the poor boy with facts

Dec 10, 2013, 4:15 PM [ in reply to pop quiz ]

You will short circuit his brain. It's programmed to use the "SEC! SEC!" argument as an automatic defense.

Does Bourret take offense to the term paper champions

Dec 10, 2013, 3:52 PM

I know it is his job but this stuff gets old. Meaningless stats mean jack ####. Go out and win the game.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The stats aren't meaningless at all.

Dec 10, 2013, 11:09 PM

They show we've done pretty darn good compared to the rest of the college football world. That seems pretty important, no? And of course "win the game" is most important, but in reality the overall picture shows we have done just that, at a better clip than we have for most of history actually. The only thing lacking is beating the chickens. Don't let that distort your vision of the overall picture.

Don't forget our conference game against the #1 team

Dec 10, 2013, 3:57 PM

If we win the Orange Bowl, we will be 2-2 vs. top ten teams this year. I want to win them all, but is it realistic to expect to beat every top ten team we play? I think 2-2 would be a good record against top ten teams- especially since we won every other game as well. I'd feel alot better about 3-1 without gift wrapping the game to the chickens, and I'd feel better if we played to our potential against FSU- even if we lost a close one... but let's face the facts- the AVERAGE score for FSU at the end of the third quarter this year was 44-7. They just had a beast of a squad this year... and we didn't do much to help ourselves with turnovers.

Georgia was not the

Dec 10, 2013, 4:10 PM

Best team in the division. Sorry for your sickness. And what does Florida being in the bcs last year have to do with losing to Georgia southern this year. Btw it wasn't charleston southern.

Take auburn for example, they were awful last year and look at them now. You're just wrong.

And you're still just another coot !! *****

Dec 10, 2013, 4:23 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't try to go to the western division of the SEC to

Dec 10, 2013, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Georgia was not the ]

buy some street cred or find someone you can rally behind. Scar has lobbied and lobbied and lobbied so they could have a year like this year- where they didn't have to play Alabama, LSU, Texas A&M, or Auburn. They were given a GIFT WRAPPED schedule to pave their way to ATL and still blew it against UGAy and TENNESEE!!!!

Do you realize Scar was within one score of losing SIX games this year? Including Kentucky, Vanderbilt, FLORIDA, and Central Florida? AND they lost to TENNESSEE!!! You can't act deserving of a BCS bowl when you crap the bed against a Tennesee team with a 5-7 record and three of those five wins were against Austin Peay, Western Kentucky, and SOUTH Alabama.... They lost to every not divisional school they faced except Kentucky and... SOUTH CAROLINA!

Face it dude- your team and your division are on the down slide. Tennessee is garbage. Florida is garbage. South Carolina is having it's short lived glory days right now. As soon as these school get back on track, it's all over and back to the SEC cellar. And this is CERTAINLY no era where the SEC East can claim that schedule is what's hurting them- especially some whiny brat team that managed to be given a golden ticket of not playing any of the top 4 teams from the West, yet they STILL blew it.

FACTS. YOU'RE just a homer.

Re: Don't try to go to the western division of the SEC to

Dec 10, 2013, 4:33 PM

I like the way you talk...Mmmm-Hmmm
how ya like them french freid taters?

Clucker....

Auburn is about to get demolished.

Dec 11, 2013, 2:55 AM [ in reply to Georgia was not the ]

Oh yea and I think we beat them last year. So that means the opponents that we've beat have beat teams that your ##### lose to on a consistent basis. You know good and well that if we had played a good game without 6 turnovers we would have tore that secondary apart. Florida state will eat auburn and then lick up their crumbs...

Re: Football Update: Bourret Stat on Top 10 opponents

Dec 10, 2013, 5:19 PM

Good thing Clemson scheduled UGA and got OSU in the bowl game because the ACC sure isn't giving us any help

Most people look at final rankings to judge top 10 teams on the schedule

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really? Who are "most people" and how does the data look?***

Dec 10, 2013, 11:05 PM

Doesn't matter if you LOSE the games!***

Dec 10, 2013, 5:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bosoxqueen wins dork of the year***

Dec 10, 2013, 10:54 PM

Bosux just give it up. Your points are funny***

Dec 10, 2013, 11:00 PM

SEC East worse than ACC. BIG Pac 12 and Big 12...***

Dec 10, 2013, 11:02 PM

Dont forget powerhouses kent tenn ark vandy fla***

Dec 10, 2013, 11:04 PM