Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: IPTAY pledges $1.25 million for need-based scholarships
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Football Update: IPTAY pledges $1.25 million for need-based scholarships

Dec 1, 2011, 10:07 AM

IPTAY pledges $1.25 million for need-based scholarships

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: IPTAY pledges $1.25 million for need-based scholarships

Dec 1, 2011, 10:13 AM

put a great product on the field and you would never have to worry about money again.

Yet we don't have the money for a indoor practice facility.

Dec 1, 2011, 11:49 AM

This is certainly a good casue but are not the facilities a higher priority than a transfer to the University?

Really? How much are you willing to part with?***

Dec 1, 2011, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: IPTAY pledges $1.25 million for need-based scholarships ]

Where do I sign up? This out-of-state tuition is kickn me

Dec 1, 2011, 10:15 AM

in the wallet ... hard.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We need some OL and DL players!!! Spend more on them!!!

Dec 1, 2011, 12:07 PM

Just saying!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We need some OL and DL players!!! Spend more on them!!!

Dec 1, 2011, 12:35 PM

AMEN! preach it brother! U are dead on with this

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this coming from funds that were pledged and given for

Dec 1, 2011, 12:51 PM

athletic scholarships? Can they do that and if so what other of Barker's ideas does IPTAY now become his "piggy bank"?

Dec 1, 2011, 1:02 PM

Would like to know how much IPTAY already transfers to the General Fund, etc. each year. Does anyone know if these amounts are published at all or is the process done in a less transparent mode? If IPTAY is going to increasingly fund the non athletic side of the school, can't see giving money to one entity for a specific purpose when an unspecified portion gets used for something entirely different.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Dec 1, 2011, 1:02 PM

Wow. Tap the breaks on this. We pledged money to support our athletic programs bring in top notch ATHLETES, build better facilities, and step our game up ON THE FIELD

Get the freaking indoor facility completed first. What a complete joke

Dec 1, 2011, 1:09 PM

Long, and flame me if you wish. I am all in favor of giving money to the University. I give to The Clemson Fund as an annual practice, and Barker can use that $ any way he wants, as he always does. I also give a portion of my hard earned $ to IPTAY, and I gladly do that, as well. I do not like my IPTAY $ being commandeered by Barker and his minions for their uses that are not for Athletic scholarships, which is what IPTAY was founded to do. Barker is part of the problem with our sports teams, and the sad thing is he does not seem to make the connection that great sports teams bring in huge contributions to the University, and the publicity Championship teams bring is advertisement that $ cannot buy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2011, 2:51 PM

I don't like the transfer in view we need the indoor practice facility ASAP, but as an adjunct professor at Midlands Technical College I'm aware of just how far state funding has declined over the past decade. The percentage of state funds given to Clemson, USC, MTC and other state supported schools is at an ALL TIME LOW! If IPTAY members want to collectively voice their displeasure then they need to telephone, text or email their legislative delegation regarding proper state appropriations to Clemson and other schools.

MTC as an example gets less than 12% of our total budget from state appropriations and I'm certain Clemson is no different so keep this circumstance in mind when looking at the pledged amount.

Go Clemson!

actually, Clemson is less than 9%

Dec 1, 2011, 2:55 PM

and Clemson is a Research University. Not a Technical School. Our Funding should be a great deal higher.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2011, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: IPTAY pledges $1.25 million for need-based scholarships ]

The money was pledged to our athletic programs. No matter what happens to state funding that money should never and i mean never be transferred over.

Dec 1, 2011, 4:34 PM

Tell ya what.... since we are ALL in and ALL committed to making Clemson great in ALL phases, how bout the University putting 2mil or so into IPTAY when a large donation to the Universtiy comes in. or it just BS!!! We are still waiting on the indoor practice facitlity , so if we have 1.2mil to burn, where is the $##@ thing at.
How bout the University Pres please explain to us how we are all in when the U has never,ever, ever, moved University funds into IPTAY. I was at the Wake game when this was INTRODUCED, just to get fans to applaud this BS. Pissed me off. Where is the freaking practice facility.
By the way, if you really think this is going to help underpriviledged kids get into the school, I got some prime Beach front property in kansas I wanna sell ya. It`s another way of leveling the playing field between those who don`t give a rats @@@ about sports and those who do and give their funding to IPTAY but not the school!!!! Their must be a day come that , if I want my money to got to the school I`ll give it there , but if I want it to go to sports, then I`ll expect it to be spent there. When the President gets on that wave with the rest of us then ... and ONLY then will I be all in!!!!!!!!

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic