Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We turned a sure blowout into a so-so win. Won't stay #1 lon
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

We turned a sure blowout into a so-so win. Won't stay #1 lon

Sep 12, 2020, 11:24 PM

Nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We turned a sure blowout into a so-so win. Won't stay #1 lon

Sep 12, 2020, 11:27 PM

Sep 13, 2020, 9:56 PM

Remember the 2018 Cuse game? Sometimes it is really beneficial if players other than starters have some game experience.

we wouldnt stay number one any way

Sep 12, 2020, 11:28 PM

no matter if we go unbeaten blowing people out..once the sec starts they are going to "beat up" on each other with their high rankings

Concur

Sep 13, 2020, 11:51 PM

That is correct. An undefeated SEC team with a better schedule is likely to be #1. This means an undefeated Clemson is likely to play the #2 SEC team in the semis, and #1 SEC team gets another first-round bye vs. #4 OK or TX.

Based on Q and others reporting on Ohio St's demise, it looks like Ohio St is out of the picture personnel-wise for a year or two.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It does not matter now. Only matters at end of year. it's pretty sad when you beat someone by 27 points and you talk crap, go back to you lamecocks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't be clueless. . .

Sep 12, 2020, 11:33 PM

Sure we played backups . .should not our back ups still do good? We they didn't. Not , what I would assume was the 3 rd string. Wake sis what they wanted with them, disappointing. Really disappointing.

1st world problems when you can ##### about the play

Sep 12, 2020, 11:34 PM

of the 3rd and 4th stringers in garbage time.

Re: 1st world problems when you can ##### about the play

Sep 13, 2020, 11:48 AM

They are the ones that wills ee playing time when and if injuries and sickness comes about. Don't discount this. Plus, most are highly recruited guys. Shouldn't be loosing to WF backups.

They will come in individually as injuries occur ... not as

Sep 14, 2020, 2:09 PM

Not as a unit.

As a unit, the reserves didn’t look particularly sharp.

Does that mean that DJ can’t hand off to ETN or throw to Amari the was TL does?

Oh little bird you need to fly back home

Sep 13, 2020, 9:21 AM [ in reply to don't be clueless. . . ]

Because you are uneducated in the ways of elite football programs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh little bird you need to fly back home

Sep 13, 2020, 11:49 AM

Really ignorant answer . . can you use facts and logic or that is not possible?

Re: Oh little bird you need to fly back home

Sep 13, 2020, 11:57 AM

Yet, our third string backups could still beat down your dirtpeckers. Wake could beat them. Everyone knows you’re a coot troll petieponies.

Re: don't be clueless. . .

Sep 13, 2020, 12:00 PM [ in reply to don't be clueless. . . ]

Sure we played backups . .should not our back ups still do good? We they didn't. Not , what I would assume was the 3 rd string. Wake sis what they wanted with them, disappointing. Really disappointing.

LOL...Who the h3ll is "we"?...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

also clueless . .

Sep 12, 2020, 11:36 PM [ in reply to Re: We turned a sure blowout into a so-so win. Won't stay #1 lon ]

you need to go back to maff class SMH

Sep 14, 2020, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: We turned a sure blowout into a so-so win. Won't stay #1 lon ]

I don’t bet on Clemson anymore during the regular season. Because like real Tiger football fans, I know we get as many guys in to build that experience. A win is a win. The bs with the “you need to blow teams out” to stay #1 is why I don’t watch espn.

Dumbest post of the night. And that's saying something***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

This has to be explained to new Tiger fans every year now.***

Sep 12, 2020, 11:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

We were up 27-0 at HT and 37-3 when we pulled

Sep 12, 2020, 11:31 PM

the starters midway through the 3rd Q. Who the hell cares that Wake scored 10 on our reserves?

Re: We were up 27-0 at HT and 37-3 when we pulled

Sep 12, 2020, 11:34 PM

Our reserves should be better, it bothered me. If not you, then you are clueless.

Ok, troll.***

Sep 12, 2020, 11:35 PM

You need to stop being so easily bothered.***

Sep 12, 2020, 11:40 PM [ in reply to Re: We were up 27-0 at HT and 37-3 when we pulled ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: You need to stop being so easily bothered.***

Sep 13, 2020, 11:52 AM

Why? Seriously, why? These are the guys that may have to play a larger role this year. You just don't know. I think it is plenty fair to say they didn't look good tonight. You can't spin it another way. 1st string played great, 2nd string played great . .but when we went past that . it was a problem. It's a fair assessment and statement.

I don’t agree that our reserves should have been better.

Sep 13, 2020, 3:37 PM

It was the first game of the season. Plus, it was on the road in a weird environment with no fans in the stadium, masks, and a departure from the normal preseason and pregame routine.

We played 78 players. Many are true freshmen and redshirt freshmen. They made some mistakes, but again, it was the first game. They have some things to work on, and I’m sure they will.

I’m sure you are aware that we never look great early in the season, because we play a lot of players and purposely put the young guys in situations to expose their weaknesses and deficiencies. That’s how you build depth and get better.

I’d say that approach works pretty well, since we are in the playoffs every year competing for national championships.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

They gave up 7 points. Die in a fire***

Sep 12, 2020, 11:47 PM [ in reply to Re: We were up 27-0 at HT and 37-3 when we pulled ]

Best Is The Standard

Really?

Sep 13, 2020, 12:09 AM [ in reply to Re: We were up 27-0 at HT and 37-3 when we pulled ]

Clueless? Isn't that a little severe?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2020, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Re: We were up 27-0 at HT and 37-3 when we pulled ]

We took our foot off the pedal on O and we were playing 2-3 deep on D the whole game. What are you upset about??

Sep 13, 2020, 11:56 AM

Sure we took the foot off the pedal. I stated the 1st and 2nd did great. But after that, it worries me. If this was a one time occurrence, then no problem. But these guys could be thrust into the game , especially this year. Don't discount it. They didn't do anything against the WF backups . .nothing.

Sep 13, 2020, 2:20 PM

Our 3rd string on O never does anything. Over the last 5 years we get up big and start playing safe with our back ups and we stop scoring and our D gives up a 3-10 points. You are being irrational.

Sep 13, 2020, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Re: We were up 27-0 at HT and 37-3 when we pulled ]

Pete’s Ponies, Dabo said the same in post presser. He shares your concern.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2020, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Re: We were up 27-0 at HT and 37-3 when we pulled ]

The offense went extremely vanilla but the D seemed to stick to the game plan and attack. My only concern was the DB play. They got burned quite a few times and luckily Wake didn’t make them pay. Also I think there could have been a few PI calls that weren’t called. At the end of the day though it was still a win and only the first game of the season. Things will get worked on this week I’m sure.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol***

Sep 14, 2020, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Re: We were up 27-0 at HT and 37-3 when we pulled ]

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Agreed...

Sep 14, 2020, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Re: We were up 27-0 at HT and 37-3 when we pulled ]

Also, our current high school commits would have been pushed up and down the field by WF, and they are only a year or two out from potentially starting for us. Not good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Sep 12, 2020, 11:42 PM

Have you paid attention to Dabo’s formula the last few years?

Has playing 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string players ever kept Clemson out of the playoff?

Do you think one of the reason our starters are so dominant is that many of them got plenty of playing time earlier in their career?

Sep 13, 2020, 12:02 AM

LSU is still laughing

LSU won't be laughing this season. They lost their best

Sep 13, 2020, 9:04 AM

juniors last year, alone with their seniors.

"along" with their seniors.***

Sep 13, 2020, 9:06 AM

If I were you

Sep 13, 2020, 9:09 AM

I would be more proud of your coaching staff for not completely embarrassing Wake as they obviously could have. No need for that.

Sep 13, 2020, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Re: We turned a sure blowout into a so-so win. Won't stay #1 lon ]

You fit the bill for what clueless truly means . .wow Before you speak, either be spoken to, or read carefully what is being presented.

Sep 13, 2020, 3:38 PM

Was that for me? I was actually complimenting your coaching staff for being a class act.

Sep 13, 2020, 10:12 AM

I liked our play and dominance in the first half but please let #5 and #7 grow a little by turning them and their passing abilities loose on everyone in the coming 2nd halves. Yes, it is great that we are such great sports that we don't run up the score on anyone, not even SC, but keep the 2nd, 3rd, 4th team Clemson players challenged to do more and better and even score, yes even score because that is what they came to Clemson to do! That whole second half was such an exercise in conservative play that I do not really remember much outstanding about it. I love my Tigers and always will but please allow all the kids to play and excel and contribute with Clemson pride!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you ever stopped to think that maybe the younger

Sep 13, 2020, 10:29 AM

inexperienced guys don’t completely know the play book yet? Kind of hard to “let them loose” if they don’t know the play, blocking assignments, pass protection, etc. That’s probably why we look conservative with new guys in there. Make sure they can execute what they know then expand on that in practice

Sep 13, 2020, 6:45 PM [ in reply to Re: We turned a sure blowout into a so-so win. Won't stay #1 lon ]

Keep in mind 7 OL did not travel, so DJ and Taisun were playing with 2, 3 & 4th line when we knew our line depth was inexperienced. Over all I am not complaining. The line usually takes a game or 2 to really click. Stay tuned!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2020, 10:17 AM

Since when is 24 points a "so-so win"

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Played 78 of 80 players

Sep 13, 2020, 10:33 AM

That speaks highy of CDS. trying to get young players some good real game time. Can't develop sitting on the bench.

This how depth charts are built. It has worked for years.***

Sep 13, 2020, 10:28 AM

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Sep 13, 2020, 11:54 AM

Being #1 at year-end is the plan. So far the Coach Dabo Swinney historical track record is pretty good I'd say.

2 National Championships
5 straight CFP invitations (out of the 6 that have existed)
5 straight ACC championships
6 straight chicken pluckings
9 straight 10+ win seasons.

Add in graduation rates, the number of multiple degrees among those graduates, the stability of the staff, the overall character of the team members from top to bottom.

We are some lucky Clemson Tiger football fans to be witnessing this. "...a so-so win"? Nope, the first step of the 2020 plan. Go Tigers!

Sep 14, 2020, 1:21 AM

Also, since Dabo took over as HC we have the following record:

Clemson is 4-1 against Auburn
Clemson is 2-0 against Oklahoma
Clemson is 3-0 against Ohio State
Clemson is 2-0 against Notre Dame
Clemson is 2-0 against Texas A&M
Clemson is 2-2 against Alabama
Clemson is 1-1 against LSU
Clemson is 1-1 against Georgia

Clemson's overall record against these teams 17-5

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2020, 3:03 PM

Dabo took a totally dominant win and used it for an opportunity to play everybody and give all the young guys a chance to get on the field and learn. (See my post about coaches loving the teaching opportunity this game gives them.)

This is a free year for the young guys. A true fre\shman this year will be a true freshman next year.

Dabo and staff are laying the groundwork for the national championship in 2022 and 2023 this year. (Not to mention 2021.)

I think we played everybody that dressed...game experience

Sep 13, 2020, 3:05 PM

> running up the score...DB's have a ways to go...looks like we're gonna use the TE's a bunch, they looked good

Sep 13, 2020, 3:18 PM

We went from 38 first place votes to 60 first place votes in the AP poll so you’ve definitely made a very strong point.

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Aaahhhhh. Yup football is back.***

Sep 13, 2020, 3:20 PM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Return of Football Season Idiots***

Sep 13, 2020, 4:57 PM

Sep 13, 2020, 11:34 PM

Every year I see a post like this, and every year we're just fine.

Wow that game sure hurt us in the polls.***

Sep 14, 2020, 8:20 AM

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic