Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reality about Stoudt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 3,144

Reality about Stoudt

Oct 26, 2014, 9:41 PM

Cole is a great person. He's dedicated a lot of effort into Clemson football. He carries himself with class, and is a great representation of our team and our university. Unfortunately, he is not a good QB and that is putting it pretty lightly. There's no other (nice) way to put it. Does that mean we're "bad fans" by admitting Stoudt's lack of skill at QB? No, it doesn't. Sometimes the comments made toward Stoudt go a bit too far, but attacking people for stating that Cole is not a very good QB is simply unjustifiable at this point.

Cole has my support. Cole has my respect. But Cole does not my faith.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reality about Stoudt

Oct 26, 2014, 9:48 PM

I have no problem questioning him on this board, but booing him in the game I don't support. The thing is he needs our support, because we don't really have an option behind him. We have a walk on who earned a scholarship and a transfer who played what maybe ten plays at Stanford.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is the point in having reserves if they never play?

Oct 26, 2014, 9:59 PM

Olsen won't be here next year. The other guy is a RS sophomore. I believe Stoudt is hurt worse that anyone thought/knew. But coaches should have seen that by his play Saturday night. How bad does Stoudt have to play before Olsen or the other guy come in?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the $64,000 question...

Oct 26, 2014, 10:16 PM

Is Stoudt still injured, and if so, how badly? If it's bad enough, then I agree... at least give Shuessler a shot at Weak Forest, the worst team in the conference. If the guy can't be trusted to play a few series against them, then why the fick would we give him a scholarship?

At times Cole looked REALLY bad last night. He played much worse than he did at BC. The interceptions were terrible. Losing to that pathetic syracuse team would have been an abomination.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's the $64,000 question...

Oct 26, 2014, 10:23 PM

I think Syracuse is better than their record.They
lost their starting QB earlier.They scored 20 point's
on Fla.St.and lost by 18.Their defense isn't bad against
a one armed QB.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's the $64,000 question...

Oct 27, 2014, 12:00 AM [ in reply to That's the $64,000 question... ]

The first interception he was hit and didn't get a chance to follow through on his throw. Didn't see the second INT. Perhaps a slow delivery is the reason why he was hit bit I wouldn't criticize him to much for that first one.

the second int was just completely awful threw into 4-man

Oct 27, 2014, 12:55 AM

coverage on mike and missed him about 5 yards wide as well

The 2nd int his arm was hit as he threw by a guy

Oct 27, 2014, 2:05 AM

who went right by an OL's missed block. When his arm was hit the ball flew off to the right like a duck and when nowhere near where he was intending it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

If either one of the two can

Oct 26, 2014, 10:37 PM [ in reply to What is the point in having reserves if they never play? ]

Play they will get them ready during the open date. Hopefully Cole will get healed up with the extra week.

It is very hard to get a third or fourth team QB any meaningful reps in fall camp with the 20 hour a week rule. I'm sure one of them will get ready. You have to remember Cole needs lots of work also he's gotten very little work with the one's the past five years.

They probably think he gives us the best chance to win.

Oct 27, 2014, 2:21 AM [ in reply to What is the point in having reserves if they never play? ]

Since we've won three in a row with Cole I can't see arguing their logic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the point I'm making

Oct 26, 2014, 11:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Reality about Stoudt ]

We should never boo one of our own under (almost) any circumstance

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disagree. I think he is good, but not great.

Oct 26, 2014, 10:02 PM

I truly believe we all got very quickly spoiled by Watson and what he brings to the table and forgot what life is like for the majority of Division 1 programs out there. I can think back to dozens of good quarterbacks that had their fair share of good moments and a fair helping of bad days right alongside. There's countless faceless quarterbacks who played 'OK' for their teams whom history has forgotten about. Cole has played just well enough to get us by UL and BC who both have great defenses. Syracuse is another matter, but in the end, we still won.

I'm sure I'll get some statistics thrown at me and that's fine. Cole hasn't played his best ball yet. Maybe it's because he's been playing hurt. Maybe he doesn't have it in him to be the player we so quickly fell in love with in Watson. In the end, I think Cole could easily be the starter for eight other ACC teams. The problem, at least in my eyes, is that we very quickly forgot what it's like having a quarterback who isn't elite. Is he deserving of ridicule for simply being 'OK' and not being one of the 10 best quarterbacks in the country?

I like Cole. I think he's a good player. I just think we've all forgotten what life is like having someone who is just good enough and not elite.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

couldn't have said it any better!!

Oct 26, 2014, 10:09 PM

Spot on.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

I don't think he's good, he's average.

Oct 26, 2014, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Disagree. I think he is good, but not great. ]

I don't expect him to be elite. I just want him to play smart football (which he should be capable of).

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get what you are saying but "simply OK"

Oct 26, 2014, 10:32 PM [ in reply to Disagree. I think he is good, but not great. ]

Is not Stoudt, not by a long shot.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One question..

Oct 26, 2014, 10:16 PM

What possible good can come from publicly stating that Stoudt is a bad quarterback?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

Health conversation?***

Oct 26, 2014, 10:17 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Health conversation?***

Oct 26, 2014, 10:30 PM

I hate it for Cole, because I'm sure he is a great guy with great hair. I say that with respect. My hair is thin.

I honestly believe Watson just with his legs, handoffs, and tosses are a better option than Cole. However, you risk getting Watson hurt even worse.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not asking for the coaches to step up and state

Oct 27, 2014, 12:02 AM [ in reply to One question.. ]

"Cole Stoudt is a mediocre QB". That is far too Spurrier-esque and unnecessary. But the people who quickly call the fans who criticize Stoudt "coots" or "not true fans" (especially since much of the criticism isn't unwarranted), look equally as stupid as those who boo him.

The point of my original post is that I will back Stoudt whether he throws 5 TDs or 5 INTs, because he is the QB of my soon to be Alma Mater. That doesn't mean I won't be critical of his play, and it doesn't mean I will pump sunshine up his as(s)hole. It means he has some very obvious weaknesses (which I'm sure he's aware of), and despite these weaknesses, I will continue to support our QB until our starter is back from injury.

Re: Reality about Stoudt

Oct 26, 2014, 10:17 PM

Why the worry?,he will have a good game against Wake.
Watson should be back by the Ga.Tech game,hopefully.

Stoudt: the truth.

Oct 26, 2014, 10:26 PM

Thank you! Cole IS a better player and person than many give him credit. If you look, he was hindered from following through on both of the interceptions. Enjoy the games as being the best that the coaches can put on the field. Cole is the best we have for now--drop the attacks.

Had some just said 'Cole is not a very good QB,'...

Oct 26, 2014, 10:34 PM

I'd point out he's good enough to have won the last three games. That's not what's happened at all. Folks have bashed Cole and insulted our coaching staff for not replacing him with a third stringer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Had some just said 'Cole is not a very good QB,'...

Oct 26, 2014, 11:01 PM

I read a post from last night,on Tigernet,
that called Cole a POS.I hope that poster
isn't a Clemson fan but instead,a lurking
coot, pretending to be a fan.That kind of
post should be taken down by Crump and the
poster banned.

Re: Had some just said 'Cole is not a very good QB,'...

Oct 27, 2014, 12:02 AM [ in reply to Had some just said 'Cole is not a very good QB,'... ]

It's probably the same people that wanted cole to get some reps when tajh was struggled last year

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

LOL, I was one of them.

Oct 27, 2014, 2:19 AM

I never really bashed Tajh but there were times when his emotions got the better of his composure. During those times it didn't seem anyone could have been worse.

I think the coaches didn't try Cole at the time for what it would have done to Tajh's already fragile disposition.

Just wait a Damm Minute

Oct 26, 2014, 11:30 PM

Are we sure? I mean are we really sure that Deshaun Watson is a better option than Stoudt to beat Ga Tech and South Carolina? I mean our coaches all watched Deshaun all Spring and Summer 2014 and agreed that Cole gave us the best chance to beat UGA and FSU? They watched Watson score in 5 plays against UGA and put him right back on the bench. Pre-season and post-UGA Deshaun pumpers were trashed on T-Net and informed the coaches knew best, and their non-salaried preference for Deshaun to play more was uninformed and disloyal to Clemson. So are we sure that this is still not the case? Were our coaching assessments wrong? What changed?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the coaching assessments were obviously wrong considering we

Oct 27, 2014, 12:58 AM

went from being about to put up 40+ on NC State to struggling to score against BC and Cuse (I'll let UL slide considering they are the best defense we have faced) The coaches were obviously wrong about cole being the better QB, now maybe before the UGA game they deemed that cole was the more prepared and capable QB but the fact that Dabo has already said that once DW returns the job is his shows that the coaching assessment has changed.

GREAT POST!! +1***

Oct 27, 2014, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Just wait a Damm Minute ]

Reality about Stoudt - good 2nd half - good ball control

Oct 27, 2014, 11:48 AM

I wish Stoudt would run ball control primarily with only occasional pass against Wake and whenever he is in there. He did have good 2nd half thankfully and that last ten min. drive was ball control beauty!

Replies: 28
| visibility 3,144
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic