Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Realistically speaking I think we start FB season 1-2
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

Realistically speaking I think we start FB season 1-2

May 4, 2017, 3:50 PM

If my life depended on it and I had to pick what record we'd most likely have after the first three games out of 0-3, 1-2, 2-1,and 3-0, I'd probably pick 1-2 since we play Aub and @ Lou to start the season. Those are just tough games to win when you don't really have a solid option at QB yet and the fact that our OL has really never been conducive to us being a run first ball control team.

I want to be optimistic, but I'm anticipating a very Cole Stoudt-ish like offense to start the season. They should get better as the season progresses, but I just don't think that will be good enough to beat Aub and Lou unless the defense plays lights out in both games. I can see the D playing pretty well vs Aub, but that sloppy play offensively could do us in. At Lou we're likely going to give up at least some big plays to Mr. Jackson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You serious, Clark?

May 4, 2017, 3:53 PM

WOW.....

Re: You serious, Clark?

May 4, 2017, 7:11 PM

"Uhh yeah Eddie...."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Realistically speaking I think we start FB season 1-2

May 4, 2017, 3:54 PM

Thanks for being realistic...I've been thinking this as well, and made a post about AU and Louisville, a couple days ago. It's gonna be a tough two games, I swear!!! Gonna take a lot of grit and effort to win those two seriously...but Shhh don't let the sunshine pumpers see this, or your pulse will drop, as they can't even see the reality of the situation with our offense right now.

Our D will be naughty this year

May 4, 2017, 7:05 PM

Hopefully we have a surprise at the QB position. We win our first two games! Get this done gents.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

b u ll sh !t

May 4, 2017, 3:55 PM

when you see our defense you will #### bricks.

May 4, 2017, 3:56 PM

I'm counting on Johnson,Brice, or Cooper to come back in the fall and be the driving force in the offense. I'm betting on Cooper or Johnson to push Bryant hard. If Kelly can become an accurate passer, he can run our offense. May the best dual threat qb win. I don't see us starting 1-2. Louisville is Lamar Jackson with a lot of missing pieces. Auburn is in the Valley. 3-0!

Might be 2-1

May 4, 2017, 3:58 PM

But this team will win 10 games next year. We have a tough schedule, but we were built to play in these big games.

Re: Might be 2-1

May 4, 2017, 4:06 PM

Auburn is the toughest of the two games. They recruit like we do very well. Jackson lost a lot of key pieces due to graduation at Louisville.

Auburn lost their entire DL

May 4, 2017, 4:25 PM

We should beat them on the ground.

Agree that is a distinct possibility, especially with

May 4, 2017, 4:04 PM

the Stidhim transfer to Auburn. HAd he not transferred there, then we beat Auburn for sure. Even if we do start 1-2, I think we manage 9 or 10 wins when you include the bowl game. I think our next great run to the title game may be when the two qbs that are so highly rated gt to be juniors at least. ANd that is if our defense is strong then. If its three years down the road, that is actually a very short time when you consider the time it has taken past title winners not named Alabama. Our defense in 2017 is national championship caliber, but don't think our offense will be.

If we manage a defense of this caliber when Trevor, Hunter Johnson, Higgins and Rogers are juniors, we'll have a good shot at national title #3

Ville & Barn lost as much or more than we did

May 4, 2017, 4:04 PM

Aint skurred. 3-0

May 4, 2017, 4:06 PM

We will be 2-1 at the very worse. Louisville lost everyone

May 4, 2017, 4:08 PM

Get out of here coot.

we will be 3-0 and on the mouths of talking heads

May 4, 2017, 4:08 PM

the big story will be Bama/CU-3?

the theme will be Clemson lucky again (what's new, right?)

Re: we will be 3-0 and on the mouths of talking heads

May 4, 2017, 4:14 PM

That's a possibility as well.

May 4, 2017, 4:09 PM

Louisville lost a lot on Both sides the ball.
Lamar is figured out and will not surprise anybody this season.
It's going to be a tough game on the road but CLEMSON has way more talent.
The Auburn game is one I think we lose but at home you never know.
We will not lose both games , no way no how.
I think we have a better shot at going 3-0 than 1-2.
Until FSU proves they can be dominant without crabboy I'm not worried about them either.

May 4, 2017, 4:51 PM

Speaking of Lewisville and Action Jackson. Did anyone see him pass the ball against Houston or LSU? Because I sure didn't. Even coughed it up against Kensucky to lose that one. And you say many of his fellow birds are now gone? Can't wait to see the salivating Tigers get after this bird.

May 4, 2017, 4:13 PM

Jk. I think we beat Auburn at home but probably lose to Louisville. We won't be able to keep up with them. I agree it will probably be a season like 2014....really good defense but not a lot of firepower on offense.

May 4, 2017, 4:16 PM

Let's see who wins the qb job. We have the skill players and need to find the right qb who can get the ball to them.

Let's see who wins the RB job...

May 4, 2017, 4:45 PM

This is likely to be a VERY different season. Yes, we have to be lucky early in the season, but if Feaster steps up, that could make "lucky" more likely! I see the Tigers 3-0 after Barn and Ville... and I'm NOT an optimist!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't see a cole stoudtish offense at all.........

May 4, 2017, 4:51 PM

not saying the 1-2 isn't possible, but keep in mind whomever the QB is they will either be able to

A. Throw & not run
B. Throw & Run
C. Run & not throw

Cole Stoudt was No throw & No run

I think we'll have AT LEAST a QB as talented or better than Tajh Boyd his first game of 2011........we didn't look "pretty" the first couple games then went on a run.

+1 for channeling Tajh in comparison for 2017. We may

May 4, 2017, 8:21 PM

very well have 2-3 potential TB's on the roster now. The coaches will call to the man behind center. I think we're going to move the ball and score well whoever it is. Our D could border on legendary. I like our chances come September.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2017, 4:55 PM

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2017, 4:58 PM

I would be shocked if we weren't at least 2-1 but 3-0 seems more likely.

Auburn has zero answers at QB and I've seen nothing that leads me to believe that will magically change in the off season. Lashley has been over his head as OC and Malzahn is an offensive version of Spence...totally overcomplicates and outthinks himself. They lost some critical pieces on the D-Line and we get them early, before they have a chance to gain confidence an any sort of elusive identity that they've been chasing since '13.

Louisville does not have the mental makeup to hang with us for 4 quarters. They have legit talent- but they lost to us 5 times last year...Once we clipped their wings- they folded up shop pretty quick.

Dabo has built a program on mental toughness and grit. That is worth its weight in gold in college athletics. We will believe from the first whistle till the last in EVERY game.

Auburn has an answer at QB with jarrett stidham........

May 4, 2017, 5:02 PM

and Lashley isn't there anymore Chip lindsey is.

Auburn will be much better this year, but with it being at home i expect to take it.

I agree with you on louisville.

Re: Auburn has an answer at QB with jarrett stidham........

May 4, 2017, 5:07 PM

Wow- I'm way out of it today! My bad, I totally forgot about Stidham- but I'm with you in that I still really like our chances.

Re: Auburn has an answer at QB with jarrett stidham........

May 4, 2017, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Auburn has an answer at QB with jarrett stidham........ ]

Auburn's offense will not have an answer for Clemson's defense. Sorry, I'm not as down on our quarterback situation as you are. By the Kent State game, one quarterback will rise above, we have a TON of weapons on offense, just need the right quarterback to get them the ball, and the defense will smother the auburn quarterback. This isn't a big 12 defense. We will go 3-0 to start the season. Jackson lost all of his weapons.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2017, 5:29 PM

I definitely don't think we'll be a run/ball control offense. This staff has show that they will always stick to their philosophy. Our strength is still our WRs......we're gonna use em.....early and often. While ever the qb is, I expect him to sind that ball all over the place. We did get this far just to be conservative. We just won a national championship. No reason to pump the breaks now. I'm confident Streeter and Co will have a guy ready to go......GO TIGERS!!!!

May 4, 2017, 5:41 PM

I agree!

we start 3-0.

May 4, 2017, 5:36 PM

Defense is going to totally dominate.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You had me till you said Realistically***

May 4, 2017, 5:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think we start 3-0, but i don't think 1-2 is

May 4, 2017, 5:56 PM

the most realistic expectation either. Kent State is nearly 100%, and even if Auburn and Louisville are both around 50/50 that puts the most likely record at 2-1.

I'm definitely not expecting to be the underdog at home to Auburn. Our D is going to be better, we have the home crowd, and I'm not sold on their offense yet either. They have as much to prove on that side of the ball as we do. Lets see how Stidham actually plays before we get all scared about Auburn's offense.

Louisville is the tougher game IMO.

Re: I don't think we start 3-0, but i don't think 1-2 is

May 4, 2017, 5:59 PM

Louisville lost a lot of key players last year. Jackson is very good but he's their only real offensive threat. We got a great defense and need a capable offense. I have faith in our coaches to get the job done.

Re: We will cut Louisville's butt.***

May 4, 2017, 6:10 PM [ in reply to I don't think we start 3-0, but i don't think 1-2 is ]

May 4, 2017, 5:56 PM

A loss to Auburn is possible, they will be greatly improved on O and theirbD will be stout. I just don't see it happening with UL. They lost way to much and we all know who should have won the Heisman. Like others, I see 2-1 being a much more realistic start than 1-2. I personally believe the QB issue will likely be solved by the second game and Tigers are undefeated when FSU rolls into town.

May 4, 2017, 6:17 PM

We could lose to Auburn.

I don't think we lose to Louisville. Louisville lost a boatload of players, particularly on defense, and they absolutely collapsed down the stretch last year anyway. The Cards also lost their top two WR's and unlike Clemson they were not exactly loaded there anyway. They're just not very good on the LOS - on either side of the ball - and that's going to hurt them.

Auburn's defense will be worse. They lost five starters on D, including four to the NFL draft, and while they're still OK on that side of the ball they won't be quite as good...and Kevin Steele, quite frankly, has had a year now to start running this group down.

The problem is that Auburn just got former Baylor transfer Jarrett Stidham and retain both of those RB's from last year. Stidham's a former 5-star who transferred out on Baylor when all that rape unpleasantness started but he was very impressive replacing Seth Russell when Russell went down with a broken neck (yikes!) in 2015. Stidham ended the year hurt but he did complete 75 of 109 (68.8%) for 1265 yards and a very impressive 12-2 TD/INT ratio. Granted, this was against Big 12 defenses, but he still looked very legit slinging the ball and he's got some mobility; he's a huge upgrade on the likes of Sean White or Jeremy Johnson from last year. So Baylor's offense is going to be better, no way really around that - Stidham is easily the best QB that Malzahn has had since Cam Newton. Clemson's going to have to get after him but he's going to make some plays.

I actually don't like our early schedule. We not only get Auburn and Louisville early but we also get VT in Blacksburg in Week 5 at the end of September, which also could be very tough. But if we skate through that first month with just 1 or fewer losses I think we're golden because we get FSU at home late and nobody else really looks that great this year. Everybody's talking up FSU but I myself am dubious...they're going to have to rely on Deondre Francois to stay healthy for a full year and he took some absolute kill shots last year; behind him they have only JJ Cosentino - who's terrible - and a couple of true froshes who are a lot rawer-looking than I'm used to for FSU quarterback recruits. James Blackman is this 6'4" beanpole from the Muck there in Glades Central and he might be good one day but he's a huge project and nowhere near ready, and the other guy, Bailey Hockman, was a 3-star out of Powder Springs who was a clear fallback/numbers guy - Hockman did not have many other offers. So if Francois goes down, the Noles are in a world of hurt. And Francois simply cannot survive another year like he had last year, period, especially as iffy as that Seminole OL has looked lately.

If we're still in it after Week 5, I think we're back in the playoffs.

May 4, 2017, 6:22 PM

Is College Gameday at the Clemson Auburn game?

Time will tell!***

May 5, 2017, 12:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2017, 7:24 PM

I think if you look back to last year , and the slow start we had in the first three games, I believe our defense is much better and I truly believe that the QB situation will get worked out in fall camp. No need to jump the gun on this team. We watched the team last year struggle with high expectations and not compete at the level we thought they should. I have a much lower set of expectations for this year's team to build on and a lot of faith in Dabo to put in place the plan to make them successful. We have a great team chemistry this year that is going to make everyone very surprised at what they can achieve.

GO TIGERS!
#ALLIN
#WE2DEEP

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2017, 7:28 PM

You really think Auburn will come into Death Valley South Carolina and escape with a win? They don't even know who their starting QB is. There's no way auburn rolls in and win that game.

We will be fine. We have one of the best defenses in all of college football. @ Louisville I could see us losing but that doesn't mean I think it's gonna happen. We just have to find that number 1 QB before we go to Louisville

I think they know Stidham will start.***

May 5, 2017, 12:02 AM

We just aren't ready to complete with 8-5 SEC teams yet

May 4, 2017, 7:55 PM

maybe one day

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The D

May 4, 2017, 8:05 PM

could save one or both of those games; we we have to see how things play out.

Has anyone looked at what Louisville is losing?***

May 4, 2017, 8:12 PM

May 4, 2017, 8:28 PM

Bet me I have a farm. Do you

well this brought out the chickens better than wheat...

May 4, 2017, 8:43 PM

never seen more cooties in one thread ever - nice post.

They you're going to be very surprised

May 4, 2017, 9:44 PM

when we boatrace the toothless tigers and the redbirds with teeth.

May 4, 2017, 9:47 PM

We won 10 with Boyd and a worse defense. Why wouldn't we be able to with one of the best defenses in the country? IMO every one of our QB's can win 10 games. The key is finding which one that can win more than that.

Coaches have a difficult choice in picking a QB. IMO Johnson will win it in the fall. They are all pretty even right now but Johnson has had FAR less time than the others. Stay tuned folks. Don't sleep on the Champs.

Agreed. People don't realize that replacing

May 4, 2017, 10:26 PM

Watson is going to be very difficult. We will be a lot better team by the end of the season, but I would be surprised if we don't lose at least 3 games. Very tough schedule. Hope I am wrong and we win it all again. I hope people aren't b!tchy if we drop a couple early

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. People don't realize that replacing

May 4, 2017, 10:26 PM

Watson is going to be very difficult. We will be a lot better team by the end of the season, but I would be surprised if we don't lose at least 3 games. Very tough schedule. Hope I am wrong and we win it all again. I hope people aren't b!tchy if we drop a couple early

Re: Agreed. People don't realize that replacing

May 4, 2017, 10:31 PM

Losing 3 games is unacceptable. That's a Leftover Bowden attitude. Elite programs like Clemson reload for the next season. Being in the playoffs is an expectation of the program.

I ain't askeert of no one tooth Tigers and Jailbirds. Both

May 5, 2017, 8:57 AM

will be competitive games, but we win, because we know how.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember 2015 when L'ville started their season against

May 5, 2017, 9:10 AM

Auburn Huston and Clemson?

member?

Re: Remember 2015 when L'ville started their season against

May 5, 2017, 9:11 AM

Houston^

+1. Auburn @UL and @VT in September

May 5, 2017, 9:49 AM

Please find a tougher September in college football. I appreciate your honesty as I feel if we are 3-2 thru September we've done ok. Hoping to get auburn game 2 but I see a very tough game @UL right after auburn. Our defense, especially our DL will be lethal. However that schedule, breaking in a new QB is tough, no doubt about it. Excited for the future just need to get our QB situation figured out ASAP.

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic