Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Realistically, how long does the GOP have to dump Trump
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 671

Realistically, how long does the GOP have to dump Trump

Dec 17, 2018, 10:12 AM

before its too late to field someone else for 2020?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Realistically, There is no GOP nor legitimate conservatives

Dec 17, 2018, 10:23 AM

Only the “Party of Trump” .... or POT.

Which in this day and age should be legal all things given!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By June 2019 is my best estimate***

Dec 17, 2018, 10:28 AM

that sounds about right***

Dec 17, 2018, 10:32 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why would you dump him?

Dec 17, 2018, 10:29 AM

just have someone primary him. I've always thought that would be good for the pub party. Get a real checkup on his popularity within the party

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just depends on what else develops.

Dec 17, 2018, 10:32 AM

I don't think he's facing any criminal prosecution but if he lied to the American people we need to look somewhere else before its too late. I'm sure the Democrats would seek to time everything to the detriment of the election.

Re: Just depends on what else develops.

Dec 18, 2018, 11:07 AM

I think it's safe to go ahead and say that Trump has lied to the American people numerous times. It's gonna be difficult to make it any more obvious. We've heard him on tape discussing the payoffs to women with Michael Cohen after he claimed multiple times that he didn't know anything about it.

I don't know who the best option to replace him would be, but I would gladly vote for Kasich over Trump if they are both in the primary together.

I agree in theory....

Dec 17, 2018, 12:36 PM [ in reply to why would you dump him? ]

in practice, that's going to be really tough at this point, given how much $$ Trump has in his campaign chest.

I really think Kasich is the only one with broad enough appeal to have a chance at this point. He would present a clear alternative to Trump's style, while also being tough enough to campaign against him.

I like what Kasich has done with taxes in Ohio***

Dec 17, 2018, 10:43 AM

he's another Gramnesty tho.***

Dec 17, 2018, 10:46 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah there's that side of him that I loath***

Dec 17, 2018, 10:47 AM

and he's very douchey about it too.***

Dec 17, 2018, 10:49 AM

I think he has a pretty balanced position on immigration....

Dec 17, 2018, 11:07 AM [ in reply to he's another Gramnesty tho.*** ]

a decent summary:
https://www.isidewith.com/candidates/john-kasich/stances/immigration

I disagree with a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants, but I also think deportation won't/can't ever happen on a wide-scale. I would support a path to green card if they meet certain criteria.

Re: I think he has a pretty balanced position on immigration....

Dec 18, 2018, 12:33 AM

remember that time when kashich ran for president and all the republicans voted for trump instead, good times....

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

44% does not equal "all"***

Dec 18, 2018, 8:42 AM

46.4% does however.***

Dec 18, 2018, 1:00 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

for tbalm math, I can believe it***

Dec 18, 2018, 1:09 PM

Re: I like what Kasich has done with taxes in Ohio***

Dec 17, 2018, 1:51 PM [ in reply to I like what Kasich has done with taxes in Ohio*** ]

I think Kasich, unless Haley runs, would be a lock to be our next POTUS if Trump didn't run again and with what I have seen from the Dems so far. He seems balanced, as does Haley. I am not sure who would win between those two.

Trump would win a 3-way race if Pubs were to do that.

Dec 17, 2018, 1:46 PM

You only need a plurality in any state to win all of its electoral votes, not a majority, and it's clear that 35% of Americans at minimum would follow him right off the ledge if he asked them to, and that's likely enough to claim enough states for an electoral majority.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope. Dems would win in that three way race.***

Dec 17, 2018, 5:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Recalculate your electoral math and get to know plurality.***

Dec 17, 2018, 10:15 PM

null

Message was edited by: wildblulou®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recalculate your electoral math and get to know plurality.***

Dec 18, 2018, 11:20 AM

If there were a situation where there were three candidates on the ballot in all 50 states where let's say Joe Biden ran as the Democrat, John Kasich ran for the GOP and Trump had ballot access in all 50 states then I don't see any way that Biden wouldn't win.

Trump would likely retain 30-35 percent of the vote because of the loyalty of his base. The never Trump portion of the GOP and the principled conservatives would only be 15-20 percent of the vote. I would guess that Kasich could potentially pick up another 10 percent from independents because he is a moderate.

That would leave 35-40 percent for Biden. Of course that wouldn't necessarily equal victory since the electoral college determines the winner.

Even if Trump were to somehow pickup 35 percent of the vote with Kasich somehow getting 30 and Biden getting just under 35, Biden would still win the electoral college.

All of the traditional Democratic strongholds would still go to Biden given that they tend to go Dem by large margins. Kasich would likely win Ohio, which would reduce the number of potential paths for a Trump victory. Trump would have to somehow win Florida, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan again. It's very doubtful he will win Pennsylvania or Michigan given the recent shift towards the Dems in these states, and the participation of Kasich would split the GOP vote in these states, which would give them to Biden.

Biden, or whoever the Dem nominee is would almost certainly win in a 3 way race.

Re: Realistically, how long does the GOP have to dump Trump

Dec 17, 2018, 10:43 PM

GOP will not dump him. Voters know he get's chit done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

like building a wall?

Dec 18, 2018, 12:35 AM

cant even get that done with a majority in both houses.

Re: like building a wall?

Dec 18, 2018, 10:04 AM

And yet, it is currently under construction.

Dec 18, 2018, 11:23 AM

Only if you count replacing the old fence as building the wall. I fully understand how this can be interpreted a building the wall, but this is very different than Trump's campaign promise of a big beautiful 2000+ mile border wall paid for by Mexico.

Dec 18, 2018, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Re: like building a wall? ]

from a budget appropriated when Dubya was in office, trump has not moved this one inch and never will.

Dec 18, 2018, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Re: like building a wall? ]

Not really.

Replies: 27
| visibility 671
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic