Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Real difference between Peyton Manning and Cam Newton
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Real difference between Peyton Manning and Cam Newton

Feb 9, 2016, 12:05 AM

after Super Bowl loss....Cam went out to congratulate Peyton before leaving the field, Peyton walked straight off the field without congratulating Drew Brees.

There was alot made of this today on ESPN and social media websites, just for the people who were trying to watch with the purpose of criticizing Newton.

Not posting this to try to argue Peyton is a bad guy, just pointing this out for the people who are always looking for something that Cam has done wrong.

Cam walked out of the press conference early, yes. He was also in the same room as Broncos players who were feet away from him, while they were being asked about how they stopped Newton. Pretty tough to sit through after a loss in the biggest game you have ever played in.

But who am I to judge, Im just to hear to read all the peoples opinions who have been in that situation. You know, just lost the Super Bowl and then have to answer a bunch of questions by a people who couldnt play past high school, and probably got cut even then.

But by reading some peoples opinions on social media and other sites, there are tons of people out there who have handled this situation better when they were in that postion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To me it's not as much about him pouting and walking out

Feb 9, 2016, 12:13 AM

as it is all the showboating he does. I'm all for celebrating, the fun is in the winning, but there is a point where you cross the line to showboating and taunting the other team. I think he has put a target on his back, as well as the team, because of this (Giants game). My problem is, if you can dish it out you should be able to take it as well. I get being competitive and hating to lose but he needs to learn to handle a loss with a bit more class.

Re: To me it's not as much about him pouting and walking out

Feb 9, 2016, 12:18 AM

I think the answer to that is kinda simple. Obviously, you're gonna have more fun when you're winning. Nobody likes to lose, just like you said. I understand that some people see it as showboating and unnecessary, but theres one way to stop it. And thats exactly what Denver did.

seems to me theres no winning with this guy. When hes having fun and winning, hes doing too much. when hes upset about losing, hes not a class act guy. To me, its a professional athlete enjoying every second of a sport that he wont get to play forever.

Totally understand what you are saying and I respect your opinion though

Spot on, NFLU********

Feb 9, 2016, 1:13 AM [ in reply to To me it's not as much about him pouting and walking out ]

Re: Spot on, NFLU********

Feb 9, 2016, 3:58 AM

Thanks man.

Just taking up for the guy. If the worst thing he ever does is makes some people mad because he's having fun playing a game, or walking out on a press conference instead of sitting there and allowing himself to blow up like what everyone wants to see, I think he will be ok in life

Feb 9, 2016, 4:56 AM

Do you honestly think he needs you taking up for him.He made his bed,he can sleep in it.
Try this one on for size.The Broncos had respect for Tom Brady,Yea,they sacked him,but I suspect he didn't quite feel the same way Cam did.The Broncos didn't respect your guy,and that is why he got
punished like he did.

Feb 9, 2016, 5:44 AM

I'm just trying to pick him up after all that sleep he probably lost after all the haters at home WATCHING the super bowl trashed him.

And yeah, they do have respect for Cam. Not everyone is ignorant and sits around bitching about touchdown dances.

So as you asked, does he need me taking up for him? No. He's a professional athlete making millions to play a game he loves. Young. Athletic. In a city like Charlotte where everyone loves him. Winner. Good man who does tons for kids. He's got plenty already taking up for him.

and for everything you said besides the first line, I'm still trying to comprehend. Lol

Feb 9, 2016, 6:10 AM

NFLU, I don't see it as folks here trashing Cam Newton. Cam Newton trashed himself with his actions and folks are just pointing that out.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he were my son, I'd be piling for "win with class, lose

Feb 9, 2016, 6:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Spot on, NFLU******** ]

w/ class." Maybe I'm expecting more than you are, but a man faces his problems, not runs away. At least he didn't put the towel back on his head (like he used to when he went into ostrich / head in the sand routine) during the interview. I get what you are saying though. It is tough dealing w/ losing when you are a child living in a mans body. I think that's what you meant when you explained why he couldn't handle it.

Re: If he were my son, I'd be piling for "win with class, lose

Feb 9, 2016, 7:12 AM

Amen Morris!

Feb 9, 2016, 7:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Spot on, NFLU******** ]

So the "sitting at home WATCHING...." was meant to denigrate as if to say "you weren't out there playing" so you must not be good enough, and therefore your opinion means less?? Really? What position do YOU play for the Broncos or the Panthers? If neither, your opinion means naught as well, or is at the very least lesser because you weren't wearing cleats Sunday night. Get used to the fact that life is full of disappointment and not everyone gets a trophy (Oh wait, apparently some do or have in the past, which leads to the discussion being had now). Cam Newton, a great athlete, said from his own lips "you want to keep me from celebrating? Keep me out of the endzone." I say Mission Accomplished by Denver. To justify the behavior witnessed on the field and in the press conference as ok coming from what is supposed to be a grown a$$ man bares witness to the continued wussification of this country. Stand up. Act with CHARACTER and CLASS, you know, the same thing DABO espouses......or did you forget that?

Feb 9, 2016, 7:43 AM

I wasn't trying to "denigrate" anyone. You're right, my opinion is as worthless as yours.

You just reiterated all of my points. Thank you

he has never done any taunting***

Feb 9, 2016, 10:42 AM [ in reply to To me it's not as much about him pouting and walking out ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To me it's not as much about him pouting and walking out

Feb 9, 2016, 3:49 PM [ in reply to To me it's not as much about him pouting and walking out ]

When one wins gracefully, they are shown grace when they lose. The converse is true with Newton.

Cam is one of so many famous people who we either

Feb 9, 2016, 6:52 AM

love or hate for varying reasons, mostly dependent upon our attitudes about their profession, organization and/or personal demeanor.

Perhaps, it's due to my longevity or experience, but I tend toward a more tolerant attitude, for I know that much of the fickleness of youth is due to a lack of longevity and experience. Thus, I neither love nor hate someone like Cam. Rather, I hope that young folks like him become wiser with age, remembering that we honor our leaders and heroes only when they learn to never allow fame to override common decency and common sense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cam is one of so many famous people who we either

Feb 9, 2016, 7:13 AM

Very intelligent perspective.

I believe that Cam walking away in the press conference had a lot to do with the Broncos being near him and being asked questions about the win and about "stopping Cam". The Broncos made it a point all week to talk about how good Cam was, not Cam.

Question for you hartins, I ask because I respect your opinion. Hypothetically, if you were in that position, what do you believe would be the way to handle the press conference that he is getting so much grief over?

I tend to believe that Cam is a ###### if you do ###### if you don't type of person. People already have it out for him because of his past. On one hand, I believe if he stays at the press conference and puts on a big smile, people would say "the loss didn't bother him, he didn't care enough". But he went in and let his true emotions out, so he's a cry baby. So how does he win in the situation?

This would be a "d@mned if you, d@mned if you don't"

Feb 9, 2016, 9:53 AM

scenario, for those who wish to adore or castigate will always find justifications.

Cam is the face of the Panthers, meaning the public will have him in mind over other team members. He understands that to a great degree via his charity throughout the Charlotte area. Likewise, he has been in a leadership role going back to his Auburn days.

Thus, he should have summoned the inner resolve to handle the adversity of the interview. That he allowed personal angst to overrule is not a condemnation of character; rather, it displayed the humanity within all of us in difficult situations. It also displayed a characteristic of youth to become unnerved at times.

As I mentioned, I tend toward more tolerance, for I know how difficult life's journey is without others piling on during lapses in judgment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This would be a "d@mned if you, d@mned if you don't"

Feb 9, 2016, 10:02 AM

I guess too many people took the Superman thing literally.

So you mean you're not an enabler who is allowing Cam to do whatever he wants on tv because of your attitude towards him? Bc obviously if you trash him everything will change.

Seriously, thanks for the response. I think Cam himself loves the game so much that he is a kid on the field, living and dying through every moment.

Thanks for the insight.

^^^Hear him^^^***

Feb 9, 2016, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Cam is one of so many famous people who we either ]

Feb 9, 2016, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Cam is one of so many famous people who we either ]

Something about Cam is just different. Deion Sanders is probably my favorite athlete of all time. Cam and Deion have a lot in common, but there is just something about Cam that is too over the top and too offensive. Deion talked trash, show boated, etc. etc. but he was likable. Deion never over talked himself. His rear end always cashed the checks his mouth wrote.

Feb 9, 2016, 5:05 PM

So winning the MVP wasn't backing up his talking? Can't win a Super Bowl alone. Ask Deion in Atlanta when he was backing up all that talking.

Feb 9, 2016, 7:34 PM

I am a Falcons fan and followed about every snap Deion played in Atlanta. He was the best corner in the business. Was a tremendous returner and was the best receiver in the game when he did take offensive snaps. Cam's team did not let him down Sunday. His poor performance was on him.

you may be onto something.....

Feb 9, 2016, 7:03 AM

Peyton has a long background of being a good representative of himself and the game. Cam has a long history of being a narcissist and doing selfish things. I do think both have earned the benefit of the doubt. People should quit trying to dig to find bad things about Cam.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

P.S.

Feb 9, 2016, 7:07 AM

Hillary says that other Secretaries of State also received a official emails in their personal emails too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whole game was a big mess.

Feb 9, 2016, 7:07 AM

It was lets let Manning go out a winner.

I haven't heard the conspiracy theories yet***

Feb 9, 2016, 7:10 AM

Re: Whole game was a big mess.

Feb 9, 2016, 7:40 AM [ in reply to Whole game was a big mess. ]

Yes. The nfl and the panthers Oline were in on "Peyton riding off in the sunset."

maybe that's why Cam didn't dive for the ball

Feb 9, 2016, 8:00 AM

It was only at point game. Peyton could have run backwards 3 times and give up 3 safeties and tied the thing up.

Re: Real difference between Peyton Manning and Cam Newton

Feb 9, 2016, 8:18 AM

Russell Wilson gave the game away in the last minute last year, however, he showed up for the presser and acted like a man instead of a spoiled child. The bigger thing for me is how cammy chose not to go into the scrum for the ball he had fumbled. His childlike antics in the presser have deflected a lot of conversation from his being afraid of going after that ball. Maybe the ball was kryptonite.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2016, 8:21 AM

I think Von Miller was kryptonite lol yeah that was a bad look not to go after that ball, oh well people sat around the whole season picking against his team, waiting for all of this to happen. And it finally happened.

Feb 9, 2016, 8:28 AM

Redneck vs Thug! Very disappointed in both men..Peyton talks about God,etc then he going to
drink beer all night. Then Cam is immature and his true self came to the surface after the loss.

Feb 9, 2016, 8:49 AM

If you have a problem with what Peyton said, you're a pathetic loser.

Feb 9, 2016, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Real difference between Peyton Manning and Cam Newton ]

Thug? Really living up to that username huh? Haha Times have changed. I'd love to see members of society from 20 30 40 years ago have to live up to the scrutiny of today.

Feb 9, 2016, 3:51 PM

Peyton is about money. He has done many things over the years that call his character into question. The difference between Peyton and Cam is that Peyton was groomed by his father to portray a professional image. Peyton USUALLY does and says all the right things when the camera is watching.

I'm not one of those guys to pump the race card but

Feb 9, 2016, 5:16 PM

I just can't see any other reason that he gets as much hate as he does. He doesn't go around talking trash about anyone. He doesn't go out and party and come to practice drunk like Manziel. All he does is ball, smile and arguably do the most charity for kids and the less fortunate than anyone in the NFL. I know he's a star so media outlets will try to make a story out of every little thing he does but it's time to get with the program people. Cam is an elite QB and an elite human being. If you don't think so, then that means the problem is with you, not with Cam.

Re: I'm not one of those guys to pump the race card but

Feb 9, 2016, 6:04 PM

Yeah that's my take on the issue. If the worst thing he ever does is dance and make people mad because he isn't "classy" enough for him, I think he will live a pretty good life

The real issue here that everyone has overlooked is how

Feb 9, 2016, 5:28 PM

Peyton hugged "Papa John" before Cam or even his own wife for crying out loud. Boycott Papa Johns pizza!!!!!!

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic