Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Real Retirement reason?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,679

Real Retirement reason?

Oct 13, 2015, 7:17 AM

Is it to keep his streak of not having coached a losing season alive? I think his record will deserve and *. It's kinda like playing a game of chess and right before your checkmate move, they knock all the pieces off the board....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Severe case of E.D. per Mrs. Spurrier.****

Oct 13, 2015, 7:26 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Simple. Ego.

Oct 13, 2015, 7:44 AM

The right thing to do would be to say he's stepping down at the end of the season. That would give them suffice time to gather input on a coaching search and have a plan to finish the season while not leaving the school, players, staff, and recruits just hanging on a ledge. At a moments notice no less.

Of course that didn't happen because selfish people do selfish things. He obviously doesn't care what the state of the program is and clearly he could care less about them. Its always been about him. Its always about what he wants to do. The guy has never had respect for anyone or anything. It always had to be his way or no way at all. He wanted total control of the program, the standards (or lack thereof acceptance), the media, the fan base, and everything related to them. They acquiesced and in return he stuck it to them in typical steve fashion.

Re: Real Retirement reason?

Oct 13, 2015, 7:47 AM

I'm sure that has something to do with it. Also because he's a bad sport. He's proven with this move that he's as much a sore loser as he is a sore winner, and he couldn't handle the adversity of 2 bad seasons with a string of more bad seasons ahead of him. He gave up. He is a quitter. I'm happy to see him go, and even happier that he's going out in disgraceful fashion.

Oct 13, 2015, 8:02 AM

Yard Bird "U" should be proud, it dropped them in the middle of the season, what a class act !

He is 2-4 this year, that is a losing season***

Oct 13, 2015, 8:05 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2015, 8:23 AM

He knew it was his last season and he couldn't bear the thought of his last game being a loss to Clemson. Chicken chit

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,679
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic