Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reading T.I.P.’s post about negative attitudes about CFB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Reading T.I.P.’s post about negative attitudes about CFB

Sep 26, 2019, 9:26 AM

a couple of posters in the tread brought up that Clemson and Alabama’s success breeds contempt. The fact as I see it is this...no way in heck should Clemson or Alabama ever be criticized for their schedules, their seemingly holding some edge against the others. Never apologize for WINNING, PERIOD! It’s incumbent on the other 124 other teams to strive to compete. You can’t dumb down the game to make the others more competitive. Beat everybody and as always, Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reading T.I.P.’s post about negative attitudes about CFB

Sep 26, 2019, 9:55 AM

I agree completely. This is what's happening to society in general. Personally I'm sick of it. If you want to compete in anything in life, work harder. Put in the time. I constantly get bad mouthed because I own my on company. I worked very hard for it and have suffered greatly along the way. But I kept putting in the hours, the hard work, and surrounded myself with good people who work hard and care about their products. The reward is success, whether it's football, or business, or marriage, or parenting. Success breeds success in all areas.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Sep 26, 2019, 10:17 AM

The world is full of people who don't want to work hard for success (ie lazy people). I personally will never apologize for having more than someone else because I have a propensity to work hard. I am 34 and own my own house outright. In fact I built it for cash. I took me six years of working two jobs and overtime, sacrificing vacations, my own free time, and foregoing spending on money on certain things I would have liked to have. The "American Dream"applies to football as well as life.

Sep 26, 2019, 10:14 AM

Life is full of obstacles. It's how we confront those obstacles that leads to success or failure and it's up to us to determine how we can eliminate or minimize those obstacles. Dabo and staff have demonstrated how this principle can be applied to a football program that has reached the pinnacle of success and brought smiles to thousands of Tiger fans.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And learn a lot from these people:

Sep 26, 2019, 10:17 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/TNET--Its-a-blast-No-bad-attitudes-as-ClemsonLIFE-visits-the-Tigers-at-practice-1931570?tstart=0

No one ever thought FSU, Miami and VT would go to chit

Sep 26, 2019, 10:26 AM

It's like if LSU, GA and Auburn went to crap....no way to predict and we should not apologize for FSU, Miami and VT.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2019, 10:34 AM

To me it is unfair though to hand select four teams. The national championship should be determined on the field, not by a bunch of people sitting in a room arguing about it. Even if you think Clemson and Alabama are clearly better.

A legitimate playoff system with every conference or even division winner included would eliminate all the “eye test” and strength of schedule BS.

If your team is truly one of the best you can prove it on the field.

And none of this finish second in your division...

Sep 26, 2019, 11:27 AM

and you get in anyway. If you cannot win your 7 team division you've forfeited your chance to be NCAA champion.

Re: And none of this finish second in your division...

Sep 26, 2019, 1:08 PM

I wouldn’t mind including a few wildcard teams like the NFL does as long as all division winners are included.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic