Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reading From The Tallahassee Democrat...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 3,066

Reading From The Tallahassee Democrat...

Jul 10, 2018, 12:36 PM

"Want a chance to get into Doak Campbell Stadium and watch some football before the season starts?

Florida State fans will have their chance on Saturday, July 28 when the Seminoles host their Saturday Night Live event for some of the top recruits in the country.

FSU wants to build an electric atmosphere for the event, and will open up the stands to fans who want to come watch the event from 4-6 p.m. Admission is free.

FSU hopes to have 10,000 fans in attendance for the event after having more than 7,000 fans at a similar event at Oregon last year under new FSU head coach Willie Taggart.

This event is different from the events that FSU hosted in the past.

It's a one-night camp event designed to get the best-of-the-best to Tallahassee to work with the FSU coaches and against other top prospects.

The FSU coaching staff is bringing in 100 of the most talented prospects in the country across multiple recruiting classes.

Included in that 100 will be multiple five-stars including defensive end Kayvon Thibodeaux -- the No. 1 player in the country according to the 247Sports composite rankings -- and linebacker Nakobe Dean -- the No. 1 rated linebacker in the 2018 class."

Did not know this was approved by the NCAA????????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reading From The Tallahassee Democrat...

Jul 10, 2018, 12:39 PM

This is an awesome idea. Fan involvement can sometimes be the tipping point for recruits

I'm not sure its legal...

Jul 10, 2018, 1:28 PM

Inviting fans to attend a recruiting event which sets the stage for boosters to make contact with/influence prospects is a clear violation of NCAA rules.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Looks like the All-In Cookout will have to be moved

Jul 10, 2018, 12:41 PM

to Death Valley ...

catered by the Smoking Pig ...

and halftime show by Bruno Mars

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they have Chic-Fil-A, Clemson is skaa-rude***

Jul 10, 2018, 12:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2018, 1:11 PM

It'll be 112 degrees at 4 PM in Tallahassee in late July. Doubt they'll get 3k people to show.

Jul 10, 2018, 2:04 PM

Props to Taggert for a well named good idea.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Either West or Bowden (can't remember which) got students

Jul 10, 2018, 2:19 PM

to come to the stands and cheer visiting recruits as they ran down the hill. There were no actual football activities happening on the field.

The NCAA got wind of it and made us stop immediately.

Can't see why this is ok when ours wasn't.

it was the Batman kid

Jul 10, 2018, 2:44 PM

can't call his name right now. Ruled an NCAA violation.

Went to Arkansas eventually I think.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Someonefor this well name should give Taggert some props

Jul 10, 2018, 2:37 PM

for this well named idea. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2018, 3:01 PM

Yeah if we had to stop, how can it be? Also sounds like a big camp. Don’t camps have to fit a window or something?

How’d he get away with it at Oregon? If it’s legal, we should do it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s an awesome idea! I would love that!

Jul 10, 2018, 4:38 PM

I’m surprised it’s legal but Taggart did it last year in Oregon so it definitely is. I would love to see College Football programs begin doing this. It would give us all something to look forward to in the “dead” period / hot summer. A big event would be fun!!
Props to FST. Hope this catches on.

Replies: 13
| visibility 3,066
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic