Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
COVID just sealed the Heisman for Trevor
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,612

COVID just sealed the Heisman for Trevor

Oct 30, 2020, 9:14 AM

If Trevor returns for ND and plays at a similar level for the rest of the season, the Heisman is sealed, signed, and delivered.

A QB beating every team on his schedule, as well as coronavirus? Stats won't even really be a factor at that point, imo.

It may not seem like it now, but I think we will look back on this as a blessing in disguise. #ClemsonsFirstHeisman

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I actually was concerned about the opposite happening.

Oct 30, 2020, 9:17 AM

Especially if he is out for two weeks. If Jones or Fields have two weeks of top level performance, ESPN will be gitty to talk-up the QBs of their preferred programs.

null

My argument is obviously contingent on

Oct 30, 2020, 9:39 AM

Us winning out, and Trevor more or less maintaining his level of performance.

The problem for Fields is that Ohio State MIGHT play 8 games. If they're lucky. That pretty much eliminates Fields from contention if Clemson doesn't cancel any games.

Mac Jones seems to be a fine QB, but he's no Trevor, and no stat line will ever change that reality.

We are talking about the guy who brought college football back from the ashes politically, will have beaten every team on the schedule, and overcame coronavirus.

Like I said, Trevor has been such an incredible ambassador for the sport, more than any other college QB in history. Now overcoming COVID, too? I don't even think stats will be the deciding factor at this point.

The Heisman voters are sketchy at best, but Trevor may be the most well rounded college football player that has ever existed. THAT is what the Heisman is about, and I have faith the voters will get it right.

Yea I’m not really understanding his logic either***

Oct 30, 2020, 9:44 AM [ in reply to I actually was concerned about the opposite happening. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Read the post directly above mine...

Oct 30, 2020, 10:56 AM

Nm

so you think logic will prevail?

Oct 30, 2020, 9:30 AM

Logic never wins in these situations. Trevor could beat COVID, wint he natty, and fend off an alien attack with one hand yet the media will find a way to shove qhiq state to the front. Just the way it works.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Generally, no, but

Oct 30, 2020, 9:42 AM

We are talking about the most well-rounded college fb player that has ever existed.

Without Trevor, we literally would not have a college football season or a Heisman ceremony to begin with.

Like I said, the guy has been such an incredible ambassador for the sport that I don't think the stats will be a deciding factor ultimately.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,612
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic