Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
All you Tiger Woods fans...still think
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

All you Tiger Woods fans...still think

Jun 6, 2015, 1:10 PM

He will break Jack's record?
85 today at Muirfield

Lucas not doing much better....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All you Tiger Woods fans...still think

Jun 6, 2015, 1:39 PM

I didn't think he would break it even before that 85. I am hoping somehow he gets one more major, but that is a stretch.

The only thing better . . .

Jun 6, 2015, 1:42 PM

would have been if he had shot 95.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2015, 1:43 PM

He seems to be getting progressively worse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, the youngster found out the hard way why Jack, Arnie & others so great.

Jun 6, 2015, 1:55 PM

And even though he's been a shot in the arm for golf (my golf playing Mom adored him) and he ripped uP the circuit..he also found out that life's little situations ( like health, family, death of loved ones, aging, etc) change the parameters...

And consequently one's ability to best the greatest ones. Saying, Tiger is great no matter what happens now but reaching all his goals may not be possible.

GoTiGERS

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You nailed it.***

Jun 6, 2015, 2:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Jun 6, 2015, 1:56 PM

He doesn't have his Mother and Father to lean on and his false god can't help him.
It is very sad to watch.

Who is his false God?

Jun 6, 2015, 2:51 PM

M

Re: Who is his false God?

Jun 6, 2015, 2:59 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/02/19/tiger.woods.buddhism/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Himself.***

Jun 6, 2015, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Who is his false God? ]

LOL!

Jun 6, 2015, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Re: All you Tiger Woods fans...still think ]

My God will kick your God's ####! What a "reality" show that would make!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you referring to the strange he was getting?***

Jun 11, 2015, 7:32 AM [ in reply to Re: All you Tiger Woods fans...still think ]

null

Hard to say how many majors he could have won ...

Jun 6, 2015, 2:24 PM

If he could have only kept it zipped up and laid off the 'roids and HGH. His body and swing have fallen apart. Will we see him on the Golf Channel and ESPN for the next 30 years? I would think so.

He'd have close to 24 by now had he not changed his swing so

Jun 6, 2015, 5:16 PM

many times while he was dominating.

null

Doubt it but with more than 40 majors before he turns 50

Jun 6, 2015, 2:36 PM

he has a slight chance. It'll be interesting to see him at St. Andrews this summer. Barring more injuries, next year will be very telling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes I think he wins at St Andrews

Jun 6, 2015, 3:06 PM

I already have over a ton of $1 bills he will get 19. Made that bet 5 years ago, how am I looking?

I wish I could've played SN today, I haven't shot over 85 in a few months.

Tiger Woods

Jun 6, 2015, 3:09 PM

offers a lot of great info on this bored and I feel it's inappropriate to speak of him in this way ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Doesn't matter, he's still the GOAT. Even Jack says it.***

Jun 6, 2015, 5:18 PM

null

Re: Doesn't matter, he's still the GOAT. Even Jack says it.***

Jun 6, 2015, 5:38 PM

"When asked who he thought was the greatest, Woods replied simply: "Jack. He's got 18. I'm at 14.""

tw, 2009

tiger is a goat alright, he grazed on a weak tour then things got hard and tiger went soft.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because to TW all that matters is majors and he

Jun 10, 2015, 11:32 PM

idolizes Jack. But Jack and the experts and players think TW is the best and so does anyone with a brain that saw the way TW dominated for years against harder & deeper fields. As well as setting course record after course record. No one, not even Jack, has ever dominated golf like Tiger. FACT!!

null

haha, no, no they don't & jack has not said tw is the best.

Jun 10, 2015, 11:51 PM

that's ridiculous. he's maintained he has a chance, but time is not his ally.

most still point to the lack of competition when tiger was making his bones. tiger feasted on a fat tour, PERIOD!

tiger's a great competitor, one of the best ever, but best golfer, not in the least. heck, he might not be 2nd, bobby jones might own a spot above.

Jack is the best ever, that's a FACT and even tiger knows it!

Jack said it more than once and .....

Jun 11, 2015, 12:17 AM

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/eye-on-golf/24713305/jack-nicklaus-on-tiger-woods-yeah-hes-the-best

http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2013/09/tiger-vs-jack-are-majors-the-only-way-to-measure-greatness.html

http://www.golfwrx.com/126704/tiger-vs-jack-a-definitive-answer/

null

who, what and where?

Jun 11, 2015, 12:27 AM

lol, 18 to 14 and that's what matters.

tiger knows it and anyone, but a silly tiger apologist knows it as well.

jack would have bent lil tiger over and stole his lunch money on the reg.

who knows, maybe tiger will catch him, he's got time, but the only people changing the subject from the majors are the apologists...

and you fit well.

Read the links. You calling Tom Watson a liar?***

Jun 11, 2015, 12:37 AM

null

i've seen jack answer the question, live... that's not

Jun 11, 2015, 12:54 AM

jack saying a #### thing; you're too funny.

i gave you tiger's direct quote, the majors, period! he honors them as he should because it's always been the number, always. it's THE metric he and every other golfer has held on high... only the apologists have tried to change that and it's ridiculous, but hey, it's what makes them apologists. even the memorial was a constant reminder, a constant echo of jack, the greatest ever! it's deserving, jack won his way there, not talked his way... and that's the way it is and will be until spieth, tiger, rory or someone else comes along...

good luck to tiger, he'll need it. he's a great competitor, one of the greatest, he will not fail for lack of effort.

Jack is it, he's the best... tiger can fight it out for 2nd or 3rd or... for now.

BLAH BAH BLAH I've seen Jack on TV say Tiger was best and

Jun 11, 2015, 1:11 AM

he is and most agree.

null

18-14. tiger says it and tiger knows it...

Jun 11, 2015, 1:25 AM

and so does everyone else that isn't an apologist... you wear it well.

Jack says it because he is a gentleman

Jun 11, 2015, 8:22 AM [ in reply to BLAH BAH BLAH I've seen Jack on TV say Tiger was best and ]

he would never say "Oh yeah, I'm the greatest ever." You would never hear any tactful person ever say that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jack says it because he is a gentleman

Jun 11, 2015, 8:31 AM

The PGA mens tour has NEVER had a soft field , or a weak lineup. That is not now , and has never been the case .
Their are the Truly great players and then there are the really good pros . This is true throughout its existence.
To say that Tiger won because he faced a weakened PGA tour is purely false , and it shows naivete.

DB23

talent is there, champions are forged by fire...the fat tour

Jun 11, 2015, 8:50 AM

was making money hand over fist without demanding victories to do so.

tom kite broke every earning records in the late 80s-90s? the shark built a dynasty then melted in the augusta sun. hey, good for them, but the tour was ripe for the plucking.

i applaud tiger for the splash & impact he had on that obese time in golf. it was great for the game of golf that those suckling from the teet of a tour that jack & tom[and others] built were humbled by someone with their eye solely on THE prize. tiger embarrassed them, he wasn't there to play nice and i say, good for him... great for the tour.

it's little wonder american tennis & golf have suffered on the international level because these guys are paid before most ever really accomplish anything. the us ryder & davis cup teams speak plenty to the fall, including phil crying about tom being too hard in the last edition.

and it was a `60 year old watson in 2009 that galvanized it.

Jun 11, 2015, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Jack says it because he is a gentleman ]

Vijay, Duval for a couple years and who else really? Ernie? Compare that to today's game with Rory, Bubba, Jordan, Scott, Rose, Rickie, the list goes on. Better yet, compare that to Jack's day with Watson, Arnie, Trevino, Casper, Player, etc. There is no way Tigers competition compared to those periods. Fact.

Jun 11, 2015, 9:26 AM

Opinion , not fact .
Not willing to credit the man ? Fine .
Just don't make an opinionated statement and label it as a fact.
Yeah , pro golfers right around Tiger Woods' time were complete bums ...a bunch of hacks.

DB23

no one claimed they were bums or hacks, that's silly.***

Jun 11, 2015, 9:39 AM

oddly, you left this link out

Jun 11, 2015, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Jack said it more than once and ..... ]

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golftalkcentral/tiger-admits-nicklaus-best-all-time/

Tiger Woods has given a lot of people reason to believe he is the best golfer of all time. The 14-time major winner, however, said Friday he is second on the list.

During a golf clinic in Las Vegas for his annual Tiger Jam event, Woods was asked to identify the greatest golfer in history.

'Nicklaus,' Woods answered
, according to GolfLasVegas.com.

Woods would rank himself second for a simple reason.

'I am four majors back,' he said.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2015, 5:30 PM

Tiger has been done for years. He was crushing weak fields in his prime. The talent and overall game of golf has passed him by.

wouldn't surprise me if he wins at St Andrews.

Jun 6, 2015, 6:25 PM

You don't need driver out there and can hit it everywhere off the tee box.

He has no idea what he is doing off the tee box with his 3 wood and driver. His round on Thursday was amazing. Hit it everywhere and still shot like even. But if he can't figure out his tee ball, he isn't gonna win anything.

Re: wouldn't surprise me if he wins at St Andrews.

Jun 6, 2015, 6:49 PM

Too much young talent out there that is better than him right now. He is also experiencing something he has never had to worry about..... head games. He can't figure out what is going on with his game.

This post makes me sad***

Jun 11, 2015, 1:22 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

I was wondering when you would stop working on the swing

Jun 11, 2015, 10:14 AM

long enough to show up and defend yourself. :)

Re: I was wondering when you would stop working on the swing

Jun 11, 2015, 10:46 AM

> long enough to show up and defend yourself. :)

@dsp : the comparison between Jack's competition and that of Tiger Woods' competition is what's silly . The mere thought that one had stiff comp while the other breezed by because he was playing a lesser field is silly .

DB23

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic