Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just learned new track recruit’s Grand Paw (Rich Luzzi) scored Clemson’s longest TD ever (108 yds)..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Just learned new track recruit’s Grand Paw (Rich Luzzi) scored Clemson’s longest TD ever (108 yds)..

Apr 25, 2019, 1:05 PM

on a blocked FG! How did I not know this?

Against Georgia in 1968 in Athens. Richie was a DB, stocky at 5’8” & 168 lbs. Died in 2003.

Coach Howard said he ran 125 yds & ran out of gas just b/4 two Dawgs caught up with him at GL.

Oh, his Grandson has had his Grandpaw’s #22 tattooed on his arm to honor him.

Go TiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:Rich Luzzi scored CU’s longest TD ever 108 yds.. recap

Apr 25, 2019, 1:12 PM

I would love to find footage of this play as I've never seen it on film. If anyone has a source for it please post it. Here is an article that has a good recount of it about mid way down. https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2016/11/examining_the_kick_six_plays_i.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2019, 1:51 PM

I seem to remember a player named Kelly who took a punt or interception back 108 yards in the 70s. It was in The Valley and I was there.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2019, 2:20 PM

I misspoke. Don Kelly's return against Duke was only 102 yards. My apologies.

Apr 25, 2019, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re:Rich Luzzi scored CU’s longest TD ever 108 yds.. recap ]

I misspoke. Don Kelly's return against Duke was only 102 yards. My apologies.

Apr 25, 2019, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Re:Rich Luzzi scored CU’s longest TD ever 108 yds.. recap ]

My new wife of 4 months and I drove from Clemson to Atlanta for this game. It was our first of many away/bowl games. We witnessed Ritchie's amazing run. I think many Tech players relaxed when the punt went deep into our end zone. Ritchie took off and wove his way through the very surprised Tech team. It was a great trip. We parked in a $5 lot 2 blocks from Grant Field. My beautiful wife was dressed to the nines in heels and I wore a blazer and a tie. We ate a hamburger at the Varsity under $20. Boy, times have really changed. Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2019, 2:39 PM

kpttiger ------If you were in Atanta, you missed the game because it was played in Athens against the old snarly Bulldogs.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know his son

Apr 25, 2019, 2:46 PM

I worked for his son at a Nissan dealership, he's the sales manager there. Told me about that play and he still pulls for Clemson. They are originally from New Jersey.

met rich luzzi.

Apr 25, 2019, 2:53 PM

and frank libratore only because they were friends with some of my friends.that info and $10 will get you a cup of coffee.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic