Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Brownell adds second 6-10 post player to 2013 recruiting class
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Brownell adds second 6-10 post player to 2013 recruiting class

May 11, 2013, 2:48 PM

Brownell adds second 6-10 post player to 2013 recruiting class

On Saturday, Brownell completed a possible furious end to the 2013 recruiting cycle when 6-10 center Sidy Mohamed Djitte of Fayetteville (NC) Northwood Temple called Clemson’s head coach and told him he would send in his paperwork early next week. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Brownell adds second 6-10 post player to 2013 recruiting class

May 11, 2013, 2:53 PM

a shame he decides on a day the Peach Bowl office is cloised and can't forward the fax to Clemson. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Conference actually helped us a bit this time

May 11, 2013, 3:01 PM

Nice to see every once in awhile but again the key line is that they love CLEMSON.

Re: Front Page Story: Brownell adds second 6-10 post player to 2013 recruiting class

May 11, 2013, 3:18 PM

It may be fun the next few years, listening to the TV announcers trying to call the game for Clemson. They will need help I am sure! :)

Re:Nae, just call them Jambo and Jitty***

May 11, 2013, 6:49 PM

Outstanding for Clemson & BB

May 11, 2013, 4:14 PM

As much grief as he's received after this season, it is great to see him have the kind of success I am confident he will continue to have.

We won't have the most talented team in the conference but will be deep and solid at most positions. Need to improve at the PG but if we do, should be a much improved team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

true

May 12, 2013, 9:17 AM

I am already, ready, to admit I was way wrong about CBB. He will get it done.

May 11, 2013, 4:21 PM

Fire BB b/c he can't recruit any big men.;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 11, 2013, 4:44 PM

This team is starting to resemble the Clemson teams of the late 70's...

Clemson soccer team that Is

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

coolest names for big men anywhere - Djambo and Djitte

May 11, 2013, 5:48 PM

Imagine the headlines when they do well! Hope they grow together into outstanding big men! GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good Stuff....

May 11, 2013, 6:48 PM

Curious to see how good this team can be.

hope you can help sidy

May 11, 2013, 6:56 PM

This team has alot of work to do

Re: hope you can help sidy

May 12, 2013, 10:29 AM

Yes it does, and so does the fans that thought Brownell could snap his fingers and we have an ACC contender. I will admit that in the past that I knew nothing about basketball. I've only started caring about BB for about five years, and still don't know all that much about the game. I think that I can reasonably say that all that I've read and heard about Brownell before and after he has been at Clemson, Brownell has done a good job where ever he has coached. I do not believe that when a coach (with any sport) comes to Clemson that they all of a sudden forget everything they knew and can no longer coach or be the good coach they were before coming to Clemson. Personally I believe that the players we had on Brownell's arrival doesn't fit Brownell style of play, or that they just wasn't as good as advertised. I have heard our hard core fans constantly complain that Jennings and Booker not playing to there potential day and day out. With the low scholarship numbers allowed for college basketball. It looks to me like that it would take a good Five to Six years to rebuild a team to a new coaches style of play. When our Clemson BB fans has never had a team that could win year in and year out, it's going to be awful for our fans to sit back and be patient enough to give any coach the time it will take to get Clemson basketball near the top of the best BB conference in the country. Can Brownell get Clemson BB to where our fans will be satisfied, who really knows. I do know that without giving Brownell no less than Six years before grading his accomplishments, we will never know what he can really do. This coming from someone that admits they don't know much about college Basketball can be easily laughed at. But expecting any coached to come into Clemson and build a winning program in Four years can also be laughed at. The only great players that come to Clemson with Clemson being a constant 6,7,8 ranked team in this conference would have come to Clemson regardless of our ranking. They were raised to be die hard Clemson....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When I hear the new names on the basketball team

May 11, 2013, 7:44 PM

it reminds me of the old names on Dr IM Ibrahim's soccer teams back in the 70's.

He could recruit anywhere.

Happy we're getting some size. Needed it last year.

The new Twin Towers?

May 12, 2013, 12:05 PM

Have we had bigguns like this since Eldon Campbell and Dale Davis?

May 12, 2013, 10:16 PM

Looking pretty good for the next season. Good job.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic