Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
COOTS ARE SCARED TO DEATH!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

COOTS ARE SCARED TO DEATH!

Nov 6, 2012, 3:38 AM

Here are some quotes form FGF and their other board, and yes they are quoted.

"I definitely don't think they're all world, and I also believe their HC is an idiot. But, as things stand today, I think they're going to beat us this year."
"
"Look, I've been to Clemson many many times and I can tell you that Clemson does have a strong home field advantage especially in big games. Look no further back than the "push off" game. It will be equal to the toughest place we've played."

"This game against Clemson scares me and I think we will and should go into this game the underdog because of the things I've mentioned. Clemson has a really good QB who puts the ball on the money really fast. We struggle agaisnt passers like that.

I'm not making a prediction, but for those who think this is a lock, you should come back downt to earth."

"we may have won the last three years, but this year seems different, but maybe we can pull it off.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: COOTS ARE SCARED TO DEATH! AGREE!

Nov 6, 2012, 3:50 AM

THIS IS A MUCH BETTER TIGER TEAM THIS YEAR - CONSISTENTLY IMPROVING CONFIDENT OFFENSE WITH DEFENSE GETTING THERE - TIGERS WILL ROLL OVER THE COOTS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL...I had to point you, as I was still half-awake until I

Nov 6, 2012, 5:52 AM

read your post. I agree...the "peating" comes to a halt this year!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: COOTS ARE SCARED TO DEATH!

Nov 6, 2012, 6:44 AM

And how many of those posters will be suiting up for the game? This will be a close game, decided by 7 or less, and could go either way. We have not played anyone, including FSU, that is as physical on both sides as the ##### will be. Turnovers will probably decide this contest, and whether or not our oline can protect Boyd. The advantage we have at DV is the fact that our kids are playing on their home turf. The crowd noise thing is a myth---hand/foot signals and silent counts are used by every team, and in every sport good athletes tune out all noise and secondary distractions. Coaches go along with this charade of "Let's all come out and make some noise" b/c they know their jobs ultimately depend on putting butts in the home stadium seats! This lets the $150+ boosters think that they contribute to the team effort in a win. If crowd noise truly influences games, then football players are the mentally weakest athletes in the whole realm of athletics. CU-21, SC-17

OK, I'll bite ... how is UCS holding us to 21 points?***

Nov 6, 2012, 7:01 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I imagine, if that happens, it will look similar to

Nov 6, 2012, 7:04 AM

whatever adjustments FSU made right before going on a 35-3 run in your against them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Our wide receiver coach has accomplished just as much as your legend."

- The man of a million handles.

Re:FSU was extremely fortunate to play Tigers early

Nov 6, 2012, 7:18 AM

Venables is coaching them up and helping light a fire in their bellies. This D is improving every game just as the O - BE SCARED VERY SCARED!
- vastly improved Boyd, Nuk, offensive line, and Sammy was injured last year. Boyd was overwieght last year, and not a running threat, and he was not confident and not having fun. Nuk has turned into a superstar and Sammy is coming back.
We have watched LSU, Florida and Tenn. run directly at the coots quick but light defensive line and then pass over their defensive backs. TIGERS WILL SMASH THE coots this year!

Nov 6, 2012, 8:47 AM

Who is "we". Are you on the team?

Nov 6, 2012, 8:56 AM

"We" are tigers,"you" are a dirt ######. Any more questions lover of the ####?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL GOOD ONE BRO***

Nov 6, 2012, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Re:FSU was extremely fortunate to play Tigers early ]

It was the 4th game of the year??

Nov 6, 2012, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re:FSU was extremely fortunate to play Tigers early ]

Besides, we used to hear from the UGA folks all the time how fortunate we were that we played them so early... until this year.

That won't happen in our house @ home...

Nov 6, 2012, 9:17 AM [ in reply to I imagine, if that happens, it will look similar to ]

It was their corners pressing in a very physical way. Our receivers aren't that strong, so they were easily bullied, which threw of the timing of the routes and allowed the pressure to get to Tajh. They weren't used to that tactic and didn't know how to react plus FSU had the home field/referee advantage. No way that happens at home. Now that our guys have seen that look, they will either beat the press and/or the force the ##### to commit penalties. The big question mark is really whether we will have an answer for Clowney and to a lesser extent, Taylor, and whether Tajh can make good decisions. Our WRs will be better than the Scar secondary @ home.

It will be your offensive line that will be the story of

Nov 6, 2012, 9:33 AM

the game... one way or the other.

What Tennessee did to your defense is nothing....

Nov 6, 2012, 10:22 AM

compared to what Clemson is capable of doing. Clemson will, without question or exception, be the best offense $CU has faced all season and you know it.

The UGa win was your best win of the season and you did that at home. Otherwise, you've struggled (especially on the road) against less than stellar opponents.

You'll certainly put up come points on Clemson's defense (everybody has) but over the course of four quarters, I just don't think you can keep pace with Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Clemson has a great QB and great skill players.

Nov 6, 2012, 10:29 AM

But your offensive line is not in the same league as Tennessee's.

I'm glad the UT game gave you hope for beating South Carolina this year. It sounds to me like that's what you have been hoping to see all year.

But if you think your o-line is as strong as UT's... well then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe they will play that well after Thanksgiving. That's why I said what I said... the game will be decided on the performance of Clemson's o-line.

But for the record... think what you will about South Carolina's secondary... they are definitely better than Duke and Wake's.

We didn't struggle with Duke or Wake....

Nov 6, 2012, 11:13 AM

unlike your game with Kentucky and Vandy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Vandy would stomp mudholes in both Duke and Wake

Nov 6, 2012, 3:22 PM

and if 31-0 in the second half qualifies as "struggling" with Kentucky then so be it.

^^ I have to agree with the dirty coot.

Nov 6, 2012, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Clemson has a great QB and great skill players. ]

Tennessee's o-line is TOUGH and experienced. Not saying our guys can't hold their own by that point, but you're naive to think that our oline compares to Tenn's

Would you use this same "crowd noise" logic to explain

Nov 6, 2012, 7:11 AM [ in reply to Re: COOTS ARE SCARED TO DEATH! ]

why crowds are hushed during golf events? Oddly enough, most of the comments I've heard and read over the years from football players refer to advantages due to the noise at home. Maybe you've spent time playing or on the sidelines during games...I did for three years, and I was a part of and saw how crowd noise was a plus or minus factor. While I agree with your comments about what athletes are taught and how they attempt to tune out distractions, no one will ever convince me that it isn't a factor...with every team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Next time a QB calls a timeout because of noise

Nov 6, 2012, 7:47 AM [ in reply to Re: COOTS ARE SCARED TO DEATH! ]

or a lineman moves early,

I will reinstate the noise myth! LOL

Oh its a plot to get people in the stadium for money!
LMAO!

Home field is worth at least 10 pts to the home team

Nov 6, 2012, 8:33 AM [ in reply to Re: COOTS ARE SCARED TO DEATH! ]

on the score board. Winning on the road is tough anywhere in any game - and 10pts, being a combination of fewer points scored by the visitor and more by the home team is about right.

And if you don't think the defense feeds off crowd energy, you have missed some big moments in DV over the years.

Water the Point Tree

There was a study once that said hf=3 pts. But that was

Nov 6, 2012, 8:58 AM

an average, I'm sure, so you're probably right, Death Valley is more like 10.

Nov 6, 2012, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Re: COOTS ARE SCARED TO DEATH! ]

You obviously were not at the 1977 Notre Dame vs Clemson game or the 1980 Virginia Tech vs Clemson games. Dan Devine of ND made comments in the press about concerns with the crowd noise before the game. That was the first and only(to my knowledge) SILENT pre-game show. At the beginning of the 'Rag and team entrance the place exploded. We were killing them until the fourth quarter, when Fuller injured his hand and we fumbled several times.

In 1980, Bill Dooley (author of the 'Dooley/Clemson rule' against crowd noise) and Va Tech had the ball at our 1 yd line near the hill for 4 plays. I forget how many times we were penalized half the distance to the goal, after they had taken away our timeouts. Finally, THEY jumped offsides on 4th down, and we held on for the 13-10 win.

Don't tell ME crowd noise can't be a factor. But it needs to pick up to even come close to the late 70s, early 80s levels.

Nov 6, 2012, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: COOTS ARE SCARED TO DEATH! ]

your response maybe the dumbest least informed opinion I have ever seen! Really really really stupid! Oh didI mention Really really reall dumb!

Our head coach is an idiot?????Sheeezzz!***

Nov 6, 2012, 7:44 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tough task to bring all back DOWNT to URFF

Nov 6, 2012, 7:59 AM

pfhhhhhhh

point for making my day.***

Nov 6, 2012, 9:07 AM

They actually sound.. gasp..almost "respectful"

Nov 6, 2012, 9:37 AM

They actually sound.. gasp..almost "respectful" of our improvements during the year and their realization that SCAR is not a world beater.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2012, 9:49 AM

Toogie my friend, USC has no near as many weapons as FSU does on offense. Keep laughing about the 3peat all you want because in 3 weeks that **** comes to an end!

How many points you want to give me?***

Nov 6, 2012, 10:33 AM

Re: How many points you want to give me?***

Nov 6, 2012, 11:21 AM

I'll give you as many points as you want if you will leave and never come back. This offer is also good for all you other lovers of the #### on here.

Re: How many points you want to give me?***

Nov 6, 2012, 1:24 PM

After playing LSU and Fla. I don't think the noise is going to be a facter!

Your forgetting this very minor detail.

Nov 6, 2012, 1:48 PM

This VERY WELL could be a night game. We haven't had a night game at home in almost 2 years! So yea if it's night at home... you best believe it will be the most rocking place you've played this year.

Just sayin...

Nov 6, 2012, 1:32 PM

Come on guys you really think Clemson is the toughest place Carolina will play this year? How quickly we all forget about The Swamp and LSU's Death Valley. Pretty nationally known tough places to play.

The OP mentioned how many "coot" fans are scared. I agree, I have tons of buddies saying they are impressed with Clemson's Offense and only hope we can keep pace and trust the D to come up with a few stops.

I think it is great that the State of SC may have a top 10 matchup between rival in state schools. I think we can all agree That is goood for everyone!!!

How did those trips to Deaf Valley and the Swamp work out?***

Nov 6, 2012, 1:39 PM

If there is no home field advantage, how

Nov 6, 2012, 1:46 PM

Do you explain the coots laying an egg on virtually every away game this year but beating UGA at WB?

South Carolina is better than UGA...

Nov 6, 2012, 3:25 PM

and apparently has been for 3 years.

and yet, UGa keeps winning the SEC East......

Nov 6, 2012, 9:11 PM

and usuck keeps getting those 5th place rings. Congratulations

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2012, 9:03 PM

I unfortunately was drug to the TN/S.Car game with my girlfriend (was her birthday). We sat in front of some extremely obnoxious coots. I kept my mouth shut for the most part. However, I did use my Clemson coozie to go around my frozen lemonade....

Anyway, when Latimore got hurt they IMEDIATELY went from how wonderfull they are to "how will we beat Clemson"? They went on and on about our Defense lacking and this that and the other and how wonderfull their D is all while TN rolled up within 3 points. I saw people crying as they almost lost. I didn't get it, they were pouting instead of screaming and pumping up the team. And mainly worried about how they will come to Death Valley and pull out anything less than an #### whoopin!

Go Tigers!

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic