Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, jrmooseboy (and any attending chickentrolls) help me out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

So, jrmooseboy (and any attending chickentrolls) help me out

Feb 2, 2015, 7:12 AM

you expended much bandwidth the other day vehemently insisting that your chickens WOULD NOT be signing (actually, over-signing) 30 folks on NSD. Yet, on the front page of Rivals that number is prominently featured next to usuck's name. And to be honest, I've read other estimates saying that number will actually be higher.......my question is:

Were you simply prevaricating??.... or you foolishly believed the usuck coaching staff's figures which are probably doctored to avoid major scrutiny by the NCAA and the SEC??....and of course we understand the 25 signing rule enacted by the SEC is just a "guideline"--like most SEC rules--and not an enforceable reality

have the chickens culled enough schollies, run off enough players on scholarship who's only sin was that they too believed Spurrier, had enough transfers, grads, and dismissals to actually allow them, once again, to oversign......and how many times during Spurrier's tenure have the chickens signed 30+ players on NSD??

and please save us all the feeble excuse that Clemson fans just don't understand the recruiting/signing rules.....we all read and understand.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prevaricating?

Feb 2, 2015, 7:48 AM

You expect chickens to know a multisyllabic word?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oh, great.....

Feb 2, 2015, 7:51 AM

now they'll have to google up "multisyllabic" too!!.........:~)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Prevaricating?

Feb 2, 2015, 7:51 AM [ in reply to Prevaricating? ]

LOL I thought about pointing out the same.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, jrmooseboy (and any attending chickentrolls) help me out

Feb 2, 2015, 8:00 AM

They can bring in 22 more gotta think 4 or 5 of these guys want get in.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2015, 8:23 AM

22 more? So they can sign 52?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope we sign as many as possible

Feb 2, 2015, 8:29 AM

So I'm not sure why you want us to be mad we aren't limiting it to 25.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: I hope we sign as many as possible

Feb 2, 2015, 8:44 AM

yet another stupid response.

What we're all wondering is why the NCAA isn't "mad" usuck constantly runs scholarship player off and oversigns.....you'll notice I'm not including the SEC in this rule-breaking umbrage....the SEC only gets "mad" when they don't get a check from the national title game

Feb 2, 2015, 9:25 AM

Every school runs off players. Some do it more than others. No need to have sour grapes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sour grapes??

Feb 2, 2015, 10:10 AM

Its not Clemson fans having to scurry to find excuses for signing limits established by both the NCAA and SEC. Why would we have sour grapes?? Its not like usuck has "stolen" a recruit from Clemson.....we do enjoy watching you clowns squirm when trying to explain avoidance of the rules.

Feb 2, 2015, 8:47 AM [ in reply to I hope we sign as many as possible ]

shocking that classless09 gives zero ##### about these kids.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Feb 2, 2015, 9:25 AM

Nothing worse than pretending you care 117.

I think college tuition should be free for everyone.

Feb 2, 2015, 10:07 AM

"Nothing worse than pretending you care 117.

I think college tuition should be free for everyone.

Unless you can no longer contribute to our Football team in that case #### off"

There I fixed what you are trying to say.

You are pathetic.

null

Based on the quality of education one gets at $CU....

Feb 2, 2015, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Re: I hope we sign as many as possible ]

it might as well be free.

I am a firm believer that you pretty much get what you pay for. If you want quality, you have to pay for it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Yea....

Feb 2, 2015, 11:38 AM [ in reply to I hope we sign as many as possible ]

YOU can never have enough JuCo's and transfers from Wake Forest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Feb 2, 2015, 9:41 AM

I would answer your question, but you seem to know all about the recruiting rules.
http://www.ncaapublications.com/s-13-Manuals.aspx

If you read these publications and tell me what "rule" you feel we have broken I will be more than willing to oblige.
Remember there is a difference between what the NCAA says is against the bylaws and what you want to be against the bylaws.
Also when you read the publications pay close attention to the definition of a "counter".

By the way in the immortal words of Mark Twain.
“Don't use a five-dollar word when a fifty-cent word will do.”

Feb 2, 2015, 9:45 AM

...because invariably , Coots only understand the fiddy cent ones.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 2, 2015, 9:52 AM

The rules are one thing that the SEC has never really payed much attention to .
Now , what they are always attentive of is loopholes and back door gamesmanship. You see , when you have to keep up with the Alabamas and LSU's of the CFB landscape , you find ways to " not break any rules " all the while making sure that you contort them to unimaginably intricate lace works.
It is amoral what these schools do with and to these kids . You can glaze over it by talking about what the NCAA allows (laugh) , but this oversigning practice is just really bad form and some would say it is cheating the system to gain an unfair advantage.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 2, 2015, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Re: So, jrmooseboy (and any attending chickentrolls) help me out ]

Actually invariably ignorance is disguised by being a lexicomane.

Feb 2, 2015, 9:57 AM

Somebody got the google goin' this morning. That is a fiddythree cent'r right there.

DB23

Feb 2, 2015, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Re: So, jrmooseboy (and any attending chickentrolls) help me out ]

what a loser you are---there, are those words small enough for you to avoid having to go to google dictionary??

Increasing one's vocabulary should be a lifelong exercise....especially for those usuck alums who've undergone an educational disadvantage. And anyhow, the term "lexicomane" is usually attributed to someone who enjoys looking up words.....the oft-used term for someone who enjoys using "big words" is sesquipedalian.

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

+1...***

Feb 2, 2015, 10:36 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2015, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Re: So, jrmooseboy (and any attending chickentrolls) help me out ]

In order for you to be a sesquipedalian, I would have to believe you are intelligent hence the reason I used lexicomane.

Tell 'em recoot

Feb 2, 2015, 11:12 AM

35-17 66-42-4.

Feb 2, 2015, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: So, jrmooseboy (and any attending chickentrolls) help me out ]

Time to take out the trash mods.

Guy is here to do nothing but stir up #### and trash Clemson.

Send his ### back to FGF.

null

I tried to explain the accepted difference between the

Feb 2, 2015, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Re: So, jrmooseboy (and any attending chickentrolls) help me out ]

2 terms, but apparently didn't do a very good job. I should have used simpler terms, I guess.....and I'm just crushed you don't think I'm intelligent......still, regardless of my intellectual capabilities, NO ONE will ever call me a chickenfan and that makes being "IQ Challenged" palatable.

You, on the other hand, don't have a chickenleg to stand on.

Feb 2, 2015, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Re: So, jrmooseboy (and any attending chickentrolls) help me out ]

Tell 'em pullet!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

JRMOOSEboy

Feb 2, 2015, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: So, jrmooseboy (and any attending chickentrolls) help me out ]

"The reason there's so much coot ignorance is that those who have it(JRMOOSE68) are so eager to share it."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lmao....why don't you wade through the NCAA rules PDF

Feb 2, 2015, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Re: So, jrmooseboy (and any attending chickentrolls) help me out ]

and c&p it for all of us. I wouldn't waste the time.

But you stated in a post the other day that the "30" figure for the number of usuck recruits in The State was incorrect, and yet I've seen it several place, most notably the front page of Rivals...amazing how the entire world, except you, is wrong.

And as I've said, I've seen speculation that "30" figure may actually be higher.

BTW---we all know how some signees count backwards, but everything I read seems to confirm if usuck DOES sign 30+ on Wednesday, it will exceed the maximum allowed even given every loophole Spurrier tries---even including "quietly dismissing walk-ons" (your words, not mine). And how wise is it to oversign and depend on academic casualties to bring the number lower---if a team needs help??

It matters little really. This is just a rhetorical exercise. You cannot (and won't) answer the question intelligently enough to sound like usuck is following the spirit of the rules, much less the actual letter of the rules.

Re: lmao....why don't you wade through the NCAA rules PDF

Feb 2, 2015, 11:04 AM

I would answer your questions, but you are looking for a fight not a discussion.
There is nothing I could say that would appease you because I am a "coot".

Tell 'em recoot

Feb 2, 2015, 11:13 AM

So sad that you feel the need to be here. Seek help...still....35-17 66-42-4

you probably will be caLled coot. . but I don't

Feb 2, 2015, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: lmao....why don't you wade through the NCAA rules PDF ]

Think the question he asked is up for debate. As I read he is simply asking you to confirm or deny what the other sites are saying.... that you guys have 30 commits. Is this the number you see as well?

Ncaa ruLes aside. . I'd like to know how 30 kids can sign. ..in your opinion.

Ncaa ruLes aside, I'd like to know your opinion playing playboy Witch the rules wIth these kids educations.

I will go recOrd that I disapprove no matter who does it. Treating these kids like annual contracts is one more excuse to pay them which I am also against.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: you probably will be caLled coot. . but I don't

Feb 2, 2015, 12:36 PM

Think the question he asked is up for debate. As I read he is simply asking you to confirm or deny what the other sites are saying.... that you guys have 30 commits. Is this the number you see as well?
We have 30 athletes committed so far, could take as many as 33.

Ncaa ruLes aside. . I'd like to know how 30 kids can sign. ..in your opinion.
We will sign(counters) 25 between Feb 4 and Aug 31st. 7 have enrolled early and 1 will go JUCO or Prep.

Ncaa ruLes aside, I'd like to know your opinion playing playboy Witch the rules wIth these kids educations.
If I could decipher your question I would answer.

I will go recOrd that I disapprove no matter who does it. Treating these kids like annual contracts is one more excuse to pay them which I am also against.

tell me what "rule" you feel WE have broken....

Feb 2, 2015, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Re: So, jrmooseboy (and any attending chickentrolls) help me out ]

lol, and you are not a coot

SEC has a limit of 25 but there are many "loopholes"

Feb 2, 2015, 11:01 AM

the system will be worked no matter what the rules established are.....

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/college-recruiting/2013/dec/09/sec-issues-statement-about-over-signing-loopholes/

The SEC issued a statement to the AJC over the weekend regarding member schools that may be looking for loopholes in the conference’s “over-signing” rules for a 25-man limit.

Tennessee has amassed 33 commitments in its 2014 recruiting class, and will likely add a few more. Volunteers coach Butch Jones told reporters “If we can find a way to sign 35, we’ll sign 35." But Jones hasn’t publicly revealed his strategy to beat the 25-man limit.

Tennessee will likely be able to “back-count” some players toward last year’s limit, along with delay the enrollment of others until next January as “grayshirt” scholarships. None of that new. Last year, UGA went over the 25-man limit to sign 33 football recruits. However, 13 enrolled early in classes, and at least 10 of those could be counted toward the previous year’s scholarship numbers.

What is new – and creating a stir in recruiting circles – are a couple of new loopholes that Tennessee is reportedly considering, according to Knoxblog.com’s Evan Woodberry that you can read HERE.

One idea involves “not counting” kids who signed financial-aid agreements with Tennessee before Dec. 1 in a sly maneuver, while another has to do with a new recruiting term called “blue-shirting.”

The AJC requested an interview with the SEC about the topic at this weekend’s SEC Championship game, but instead was issued a statement. Here it is:

“It has been, and remains, permissible for mid-year enrollees to be included in the initial counter limits for the current academic year when a football team does not use the permitted 25 initial counters for fall enrollees.

“Institutional financial aid agreements signed prior to the December 1 are not binding upon the prospective student-athlete. Thus, until the prospective student-athlete enrolls and becomes an initial counter, the individual is able to determine the institution he wishes to attend or to sign institutional financial aid agreements with multiple universities.

“The numerical limits on football signees is now an NCAA Bylaw and, should the existing policy require modification, the SEC will work cooperatively with the NCAA national office to achieve the appropriate outcome.”

In summary, the SEC is aware of member schools searching for loopholes. That’s about it, other than that it’s fair to say that the SEC can’t really issue a rule interpretation until Tennessee or another school tries the loophole (Surely it will happen at some point).

What about those two loopholes?

The first has to do with the financial-aid agreements. Under the SEC’s “over-signing” bylaw (which went into effect around two years ago), schools are limited to signing 25 prospective student-athletes (PSAs) to a National Letter of Intent and financial aid from Dec. 1 to May 31 each year. This year, a new NCAA interpretation allowed kids who have been approved to enroll early to sign financial-aid agreements beginning on Aug. 1. According to Woodberry, the first loophole could be kids who signed before Dec. 1. “They’re freebies, if you will.”

The second possible loophole has to do with “blue-shirting.” Here’s Woodberry’s explanation: “Officially, a player arrives in the summer as a walk-on. Once football practice begins, he’s awarded a scholarship. The school is allowed to count the scholarship forward — against the 2015 class — but the player can play immediately. There’s a big catch: The student-athlete may not have been recruited, as defined by NCAA bylaws. That means no official visit to campus, no in-home visits from coaches, no signed National Letter of Intent or athletic aid.”

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic