Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
louisville can beat fsu. If we win Saturday and win out and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

louisville can beat fsu. If we win Saturday and win out and

Oct 7, 2014, 12:45 PM

louisville beats fsu, do we go to the ACCCG?

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: louisville can be fsu. If we win Saturday and win out and

Oct 7, 2014, 12:46 PM

NO. FSU must lose twice...and Notre Dame does not count.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope. FSU owns the tie breaker. And we would not get the OB

Oct 7, 2014, 12:47 PM

either in that case

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

we would get the orange bowl***

Oct 7, 2014, 1:04 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

only if ND beats Fswho too***

Oct 7, 2014, 12:48 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

ND doesn't count***

Oct 7, 2014, 1:05 PM

ND is totally an ACC football team and you're 100% write.***

Oct 7, 2014, 2:39 PM [ in reply to only if ND beats Fswho too*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

No....

FSU holds the tiebreaker over Clemson so in order for Clemson to go to the ACCCG, FSU would have to lose twice in-conference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: louisville can be fsu. If we win Saturday and win out and

No that ship has sailed. we had our chance and we didnt convert. very unlikely now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think it is likely, but here is the scenario where

Oct 7, 2014, 12:57 PM

it could pan out.

ND beat FSU next weekend.

FSU has a bye, and there is a little in-fighting amongst the offense/defense.

Go to L'ville for a Thursday night game, and Bobby P had an off week also to do some new wrinkles on offense. Cards end up pulling off the upset.

Now, despite York's determination, the ND loss will not count as an ACC loss. However, a ND loss, followed up by a loss on the road at L'ville, could be enough to make the wheels fall off the FSU bus and allow BC, UVA or Miami to sneak one out.

Yes, it is not very likely at this point, but I've seen a lot of strange things in college football.

Setting the record straight

Oct 7, 2014, 1:02 PM

FSU needs to lose 2 ACC games and an ND loss does not count...so you're looking at L'ville on a Thursday night and likely Miami as the only two losses FSU could have with the schedule they have left. That said, and more importantly, the likelihood of FSU losing two is slim to none, and worse, if they only lose one it'll knock them out of the Final Four Playoff picture and will likely cement them in the Orange Bowl, thus knocking us out of a major bowl and likely down many tiers to a crap bowl.

Point being, we missed our opportunity and to be honest, the best bet is to pull for FSU to go undefeated, go to the playoffs, and then if we can run the table we'll get the Orange Bowl.

you have a link for nd not counting?***

Oct 7, 2014, 1:03 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

why do I need a link, they aren't in the ACC***

Oct 7, 2014, 1:06 PM

Re: why do I need a link, they aren't in the ACC***

Oct 7, 2014, 1:08 PM
ND - ACC.jpg(18.0 K)

you're welcome York

thank you***

Oct 7, 2014, 1:12 PM

Re: you have a link for nd not counting?***

Oct 7, 2014, 1:06 PM [ in reply to you have a link for nd not counting?*** ]

They are not an official member of the ACC, they don't show up in the conference standings, anywhere...every CFB site has them listed as an Independent and they only play 5 ACC games, thus they are no different, from a conference W/L perspective as South Carolina, SC State, or any other team that's not in the ACC.

Bottom line, if ND's wins or losses in conference counted, then they would have the ability to win the ACC...and that, they do not, case closed.

they're on the ACC football page***

Oct 7, 2014, 1:07 PM

Re: they're on the ACC football page***

Oct 7, 2014, 1:24 PM

Just as Oklahoma States loss to FSU won't count against their BIG 12 conference record. Because FSU isn't in the big 12...Neither is Clemson ;)

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Oct 7, 2014, 1:07 PM [ in reply to you have a link for nd not counting?*** ]

York, I enjoy most of your posts, but until The Golden Domers officially join the ACC in football they are nothing more than a side show for the ACC in football...All they can do is steal our or another ACC teams bowl slot...

Their winning or losing against ACC foes DOES NOT COUNT!

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Oct 7, 2014, 1:18 PM

Also...to that point...right now they're projecting Clemson to play ND in the Orange Bowl...don't think that's happening with a team that's "in-conference".

Oct 7, 2014, 7:03 PM [ in reply to you have a link for nd not counting?*** ]

Nd is not in the acc in football, doesn't count toward conference standings

Uh, yeah. Got that.

Oct 7, 2014, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Setting the record straight ]

I was just laying out the scenario that MIGHT cause FSU to lose 2 ACC games. Do I think it will happen, no. But would I rather win the ACC and then go to Orange Bowl over just going to Orange Bowl because FSU is in playoff, dang right!

So I will pull for my scenario, knowing full well it doesn't make any difference what I'm rooting for.

Re: Uh, yeah. Got that.

Oct 7, 2014, 1:09 PM

And that's fine, and I completely agree - would rather win the ACC and go to the Orange Bowl - but the likelihood of that happening is about the same as USuC making the final four playoffs at this point, and I'd rather be in the Orange Bowl against a top 10 team than the Belk Bowl against Rutgers or Cincinnati which would be the case if FSU loses a game.

We would not end up in Belk Bowl if we win out,

Oct 7, 2014, 1:10 PM

even if FSU loses only one game. That's moranic.

Re: We would not end up in Belk Bowl if we win out,

Oct 7, 2014, 1:17 PM

Clearly you've not looked at the bowl projections...if FSU loses a game and wins the ACC they will be going to the Orange Bowl and then they're projecting us to the Belk or one of the other bowls in that tier. It is moronic but that is how it'll break out...hence, why I'm saying our best bet is to hope FSU doesn't lose and runs the table.

Which btw, we need to run the table before any of this should even be in conversation and there's a lot of football to be played...our OL situation is going to be a problem with L'ville and could make BC dicey (understanding that without OL problems we'd smack both these teams if we play like we're capable, but with a thin line...and you could easily see a thug team like L'ville going for ankles and knees knowing that if they knock 1 OLman out we're in trouble, knock two out and we're in real deep.

So we would miss out on Capital One & Russell Athletic?

Oct 7, 2014, 1:48 PM

http://campusinsiders.com/news/2014-2015-conference-bowl-tie-ins

I see that ND may take a slot, but I just don't see us falling all the way to Belk if we win out. And no, I don't really care what "projections" have us at, as they are likely assuming wins and losses, and may not be favorable to Tigers.

I endorse this post

Oct 7, 2014, 1:02 PM [ in reply to I don't think it is likely, but here is the scenario where ]

except for the nd part

what if CU, FSU, and Lousville finish 7-1 in conference...

Oct 7, 2014, 1:09 PM

with CU beating Louisville and Louisville beating FSU and FSU beating CU. Who wins that tie-breaker?

Re: what if CU, FSU, and Lousville finish 7-1 in conference...

Oct 7, 2014, 1:10 PM

It's head to head...FSU would win the tiebreaker. Bottom line, and this has been the case since we went to two divisions, if we lose to FSU (or someone else that may win the division), then they would have to lose 2x for us to finish ahead of them.

that is literally impossible for this year***

Oct 7, 2014, 1:11 PM [ in reply to what if CU, FSU, and Lousville finish 7-1 in conference... ]

Re: that is literally impossible for this year***

Oct 7, 2014, 1:13 PM

Exactly, which is why at this point our best bet is to route for FSU to win out, we NEED to win out, and then we'll get the Orange Bowl...FSU could lose one game but two is not going to happen, and thus at this point that's the last thing we want to see happen.

Clemson fans shoulda been rooting for Lousville

Oct 7, 2014, 1:18 PM [ in reply to what if CU, FSU, and Lousville finish 7-1 in conference... ]

to beat UVA, and they didn't even know it. Lost opportunity there.

Dangit, I was pulling for the wrong team

Oct 7, 2014, 1:19 PM

sorry guys, I blew it

Live and learn. Get 'em next year.***

Oct 7, 2014, 1:20 PM

That is a variation of "wait till next year"...You might not

Oct 7, 2014, 1:23 PM

claim em, but you sure sound like a ####? Old habits die hard?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson fans shoulda been rooting for Lousville

Oct 7, 2014, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Clemson fans shoulda been rooting for Lousville ]

Dead on...we needed them to be ranked just like all of the teams left on our schedule...GT needs to keep wining before we play them, and as much as many of you don't want to do it, we need USuC to win out as well and be ranked as high as possible when we play them cause as of right now, GT is the only ranked team we have left to play and that's not good for the ol SOS or the perception.

How do you know we weren't? Because you were here the whole

Oct 7, 2014, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Clemson fans shoulda been rooting for Lousville ]

time? And just exactly what opportunity was missed Mr Contrary?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Found your meter....might want to check it.

Oct 7, 2014, 1:34 PM

Because you asked...

Oct 7, 2014, 1:22 PM [ in reply to what if CU, FSU, and Lousville finish 7-1 in conference... ]

The ACC does have a tiebreaker for a 3 Way tie.

(Now relax all you who must say it is impossible or will not happen. The OP asked and deserves an answer.)

Below is info pulled from ACC page
http://www.theacc.com/#!/page/ACC-Football-Championship-Tiebreakers

1. Combined head-to-head winning percentage among the tied teams.

2. Winning percentage of the tied teams within the division.

3. Head-to-head competition versus the team within the division with the best overall (divisional and non-divisional) Conference winning percentage, and proceeding through the division. Multiple ties within the division will be broken fi rst to last, using the league’s tie-breaking procedures.

4. Combined winning percentage versus all common non-divisional opponents.

5. Combined winning percentage versus all non-divisional opponents.

6. Winning percentage versus common non-divisional opponents based upon their order of finish (overall conference winning percentage) and proceeding through other common non-divisional opponents based upon their divisional order of finish.

7. Involves BCS rankings. So what does that mean now?

8. The representative shall be chosen by a draw as administered by the Commissioner or Commissioner’s designee.

Re: what if CU, FSU, and Lousville finish 7-1 in conference...

Oct 7, 2014, 7:00 PM [ in reply to what if CU, FSU, and Lousville finish 7-1 in conference... ]

That can't happen they have lost to VA already. So when we beat them Saturday that will be there 2nd ACC loss.

I'm sorry....I thought louisville didn't have an acc loss.

Oct 7, 2014, 3:51 PM

I apologize.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic