Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
B-Ball IQ of this team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

B-Ball IQ of this team

Feb 18, 2018, 2:50 PM

really shows how low it is when the 3's aren't falling. They make so many mistakes you would see in a middle school game. The 2nd half of that FSU game really showed it. Its not just the turnovers, its how they turn it over.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly!

Feb 18, 2018, 2:52 PM

It showed when we kept doing the same thing both against the zone and against the press.

BB is the issue as he has no idea how to make adjustments

Feb 18, 2018, 3:01 PM

and does not put his players in a position to succeed.

Re: BB is the issue as he has no idea how to make adjustments

Feb 18, 2018, 3:16 PM

It's just a lack of fundamentals. We had a plan for inbounding the ball on every possession in JV. CBB just HOPES somebody will get open. The team BB IQ is a reflection of the coaches BB IQ.

LOL, JV???? Why aren’t you moving up the ladder???***

Feb 18, 2018, 3:21 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right, Brownell is awful.

Feb 18, 2018, 3:28 PM [ in reply to BB is the issue as he has no idea how to make adjustments ]

I don't know how he has managed to win over 300 games as a head coach, including the most ACC wins and highest ACC winning percentage of any Clemson basketball coach.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

It's called ACC expansion. Checkout how bad Pitt, BC, etc

Feb 18, 2018, 3:31 PM

are. I try not to be a downer on CBB, but please don't use the ACC record to defend him. Past coaches had to play UNC and Duke twice EVERY year and with very few gimmie games like we just had versus Pitt.

It's amazing how some of you go out of your way

Feb 18, 2018, 3:34 PM

to diminish our head coach's accomplishments.

If you can't see that the ACC is an outstanding basketball conference this year, and every bit as tough as it was in the 80s, 90s, and 00s, I don't know what to tell you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Are you seriously comparing this year's ACC to past decades?

Feb 18, 2018, 3:41 PM

There is only one top 10 team in the league. Sure they are #1 but everyone says how this year has no dominant team nationwide. Duke and UNC are both down this year - UNC lost a lot of the natty team. Otherwise, the league is not that good this year. The 3 best teams Duke, UNC and UVA we only play 3 games so our schedule is extra soft too.

Sorry - we did play UNC 2x. So 4 games versus top 3. Still.***

Feb 18, 2018, 3:43 PM

Somehow he figured out a way to make us competitive

Feb 18, 2018, 3:35 PM [ in reply to BB is the issue as he has no idea how to make adjustments ]

without our best two players Mac...Is that NOT an adjustment?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the Trade Schools, THAT'S where the REAL adjustments are

Feb 18, 2018, 3:37 PM [ in reply to BB is the issue as he has no idea how to make adjustments ]

made huh?

Re: B-Ball IQ of this team

Feb 18, 2018, 3:32 PM

This is exactly what my post above it about exactly. I'm glad someone else sees exactly what I see. Past BB coach at the HS level . . doesn't make me a great coach. But I see things that happen during a game that , obviously, others don't see. Extremely low in the decision making department. It was showcased today by a team that makes excellent decisions.

Re: B-Ball IQ of this team

Feb 18, 2018, 3:40 PM

The sunshine pumpers are the same crowd that thought Tommy Bowden was a great FB coach. Good grief. My issue with CBB is there's no emotion, sense of urgency or attention to detail and no ability to anticipate a situation and have your team ready to handle it.

you ever have to worry about Coach K in JV?***

Feb 18, 2018, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Re: B-Ball IQ of this team ]

Re: you ever have to worry about Coach K in JV?***

Feb 18, 2018, 3:48 PM

How can you honestly defend a coach whose team can't inbounds the ball in critical situations?? It happens almost every game. It would be understandable if the other team were doing something extraordinary, but we come out of a time out, everybody stands around, no picks are set , nobody rolling through the lane, so we just HOPE somebody gets open?? It's like snapping the ball in FB and having no idea what to do next. It's mind boggling.

Didn't we have a problem with inconsistent snaps this year?

Feb 18, 2018, 3:49 PM

Way to go Dabo

Re: you ever have to worry about Coach K in JV?***

Feb 18, 2018, 3:48 PM [ in reply to you ever have to worry about Coach K in JV?*** ]

How can you honestly defend a coach whose team can't inbounds the ball in critical situations?? It happens almost every game. It would be understandable if the other team were doing something extraordinary, but we come out of a time out, everybody stands around, no picks are set , nobody rolling through the lane, so we just HOPE somebody gets open?? It's like snapping the ball in FB and having no idea what to do next. It's mind boggling.

nice double post ######...You can't even message board...

Feb 18, 2018, 3:50 PM

smh

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic