Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Amazing how everyone is suddenly an expert
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Amazing how everyone is suddenly an expert

Mar 17, 2020, 10:42 PM

on infectious diseases, how they spread, and how many people will be infected by the time they are over.

According to science my town was supposed to be under water by now so I’m living on borrowed time anyway.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Luckily we're balanced out by some people being

Mar 17, 2020, 11:23 PM

experts on NOTHING.

Re: Luckily we're balanced out by some people being

Mar 18, 2020, 12:03 PM

It's harder to be an expert on NOTHING than anything else, because NOTHING is so hard to observe in the wild.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Luckily we're balanced out by some people being

Mar 18, 2020, 4:41 PM

???????? Whoa!

Re: Amazing how everyone is suddenly an expert

Mar 17, 2020, 11:29 PM

Anybody who paid attention in math class in high school understands what an exponential function is...pretty much all you need to know on the growth stage of this virus...

Mar 18, 2020, 12:43 AM

I actually think this “pandemic” is not math based but maybe behavioral sciences.

not nearly that simple

Mar 18, 2020, 12:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Amazing how everyone is suddenly an expert ]

everyone throwing around exponential growth like it's a given in this case hasn't looked at the full picture.

Mar 18, 2020, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Amazing how everyone is suddenly an expert ]

If you think it's growing fast now, wait until they come out with a vaccine. We haven't seen anything yet.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you didnt pay attention obviously

Mar 18, 2020, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Amazing how everyone is suddenly an expert ]

Because you dont understand exponents. Exponential growth covers anything from 0 to infinite for any time interval.

It's a buzz word to invoke fear when used incorrectly

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you didnt pay attention obviously

Mar 31, 2020, 2:12 AM

Exactly! Exponential in this case is just because those that would have been diagnosed as the flu now is growing exponentially because the fear mongering media is making people get tested whether warranted or not because its so scary

Mar 18, 2020, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Amazing how everyone is suddenly an expert ]

The OP reminds of the guy who was just interviewed on the beach in Clearwater, FL, “we’re all gonna get it sooner or later”. ??

Mar 17, 2020, 11:29 PM

Link to info stating your town was predicted to be underwater by now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2020, 12:33 AM

He must be one of the 50 million climate refugees the UN was warning us about in 2005. He might have lived on one of those islands. Your compassion is palpable.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/04/15/the-un-disappears-50-million-climate-refugees-then-botches-the-disappearing-attempt/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

It passed 50 million years ago

Mar 18, 2020, 1:10 AM

Mar 18, 2020, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Amazing how everyone is suddenly an expert ]

He must be one of the 50 million climate refugees the UN was warning us about in 2005. He might have lived on one of those islands. Your compassion is palpable.

>

Yeah, they were off a little:

"In 2018, the number of people of concern to UNHCR, the UN’s Refugee Agency—refugees, returnees, stateless persons, and internally displaced people—rose 3.5% over the year before, up to 70.8 million people."

https://www.actionagainsthunger.org/global-refugee-crisis-facts-definition-how-to-help

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But were their towns UNDER WATER? Fail. Epic fail.

Mar 18, 2020, 1:59 PM

If you are wanting to include the Muslim invasions of Western nations as “migrants” though, by all means go ahead. You’d fit right in at the UN.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Hmmm, we're not even hiding our bigotry now?

Mar 18, 2020, 2:58 PM

Nice. Tell us what you really think about the Muslim invaders.

Re: Hmmm, we're not even hiding our bigotry now?

Mar 31, 2020, 1:04 AM

I think they aren't "climate refugees."
Is that what you think they are?
Really?

Syria is experiecing a devestaing drought

Mar 31, 2020, 1:27 AM

which yes, is the reason people pick up, leave their land, and go somewhere else. Humans have been doing this since the last ice age.

but I guess instead we are to believe this is a concerted effort by millions of unaffiliated people to invade Europe, because it would be a convenient argument if you prefer refuges go somewhere else and die instead of becoming a burden on developed nations. And then of course, your posts screams that these people are undeserving infiltrators because of their faith. Just take a step back and think about how that looks.

And it is just weird, we spend all this time and money educating ourselves in college, only to become ignorant, misinformed and intellectually lazy adults.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/the-climate-crisis-migration-and-refugees/
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0962629816301822
http://theconversation.com/climate-not-conflict-drove-many-syrian-refugees-to-lebanon-127681

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't believe stubborn_tiger thinks that a Syrian mother &

Mar 31, 2020, 2:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Hmmm, we're not even hiding our bigotry now? ]

of a couple of her kids are equivalent to Ottoman Turks like you do...but again, he/she doesn't sound like a bigot, either.

No, but if the Ark event happens in the next 9 months...

Mar 31, 2020, 6:53 AM [ in reply to But were their towns UNDER WATER? Fail. Epic fail. ]

they can borrow mine. It's the right thing to do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2020, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Amazing how everyone is suddenly an expert ]

This is helpful and gives a grand new perspective.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2020, 3:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Amazing how everyone is suddenly an expert ]

https://grist.org/article/climate-refugee-number-definition/

Mar 31, 2020, 3:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Amazing how everyone is suddenly an expert ]

There are a lot of climate refugees!

Keep it up... With that pulse, we could cut your time short.***

Mar 17, 2020, 11:55 PM

I did my part.***

Mar 18, 2020, 12:31 PM

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Holiday Inn reservations have increased.***

Mar 18, 2020, 12:12 PM

Mar 18, 2020, 12:28 PM

"on infectious diseases, how they spread, and how many people will be infected by the time they are over.

According to science my town was supposed to be under water by now so I’m living on borrowed time anyway."

That would suck Danny, wear all the masks, gloves and hand-sanitizer to avoid the Coronavirus, and then drown.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2020, 4:35 PM

I stayed at the holiday Inn last night and watched YouTube.
Any Questions?

Mar 31, 2020, 5:42 AM

on infectious diseases, how they spread, and how many people will be infected by the time they are over.

According to science my town was supposed to be under water by now so I’m living on borrowed time anyway.

Please enlighten us all knowledgeable juan, we can’t survive without you endless wisdom !

I recall from my history lessons the

Mar 31, 2020, 6:27 AM

Pilgrims escaped the political climate of England. Does that count?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2020, 7:31 AM

I suppose I'll try to get sports updates from the Mayo or Johns Hopkins sites in the future since ESPN has shifted focus to medical opinions.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic